Dust & Grooves book bargain

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Chris Treece, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Treece

Chris Treece Forum Resident Thread Starter

The excellent 'Dust & Grooves' book is just £8 in-store at Fopp here in the UK. Heavy tome - not one for the commute!

Tjazz likes this.
  2. ncstickman

ncstickman Forum Resident

These are now popping up in the bargain sections of US Barnes and Nobles for $12.98. Snagged mine at the Greensboro store yesterday. Great book!!

Tjazz and black sheriff like this.
  3. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

Just read this and thoroughly enjoyed it; mentioned it in my blog and included a couple pics and some of the quotes -- if you're unfamiliar with the book:
    Now Reading: Dust & Grooves by Eilon Paz.

4. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

Thanks for the heads up. I’m gonna swing by B&N tomorrow. :):thumbsup:

5. Chris Treece

One thing struck me looking through the book this evening; unless I've missed something, every single collector in there is using Technics SL1200/10s to play their records. Interesting, if nothing else...

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

But the opposite is also true. I use to see guys with high-end equipment and barely any LPs.

7. black sheriff

black sheriff Magic City

If anyone wants this book from their local B&N, call first. I called the store by me and they were out of stock. There's another store a few miles away that showed three in stock but a PITA to get to, traffic, tolls, parking $$. I went to B&N website and it's the same price. I used my wife's membership and got free shipping. It'll be here tomorrow.

Tjazz likes this.
  8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

This book caught my eye when it came out, but wasn't going home with me for $50! Went to B&N near my office today at lunch. They had about 8 copies. $9.93 after my 10% member discount and a 15% off coupon.

oldjollymon likes this.
  9. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

Wow. This is an excellent book. Some great Jazz recommendations that I have hunted down too. The USA compilation, pharaoh Sanders etc. I paid full price a few years ago. Love it.

black sheriff likes this.
  10. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

Finally found one today @ $12.98. I've been trying to get one for months but none were available within a 100 mile radius. I was randomly strolling thru B&N and saw 3 copies,one corner damaged. Happy Father's Day to me!

DigMyGroove likes this.
  11. Chris Treece

Still copies in Fopp Manchester for £8

12. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Thanks. I can get a flight from Cleveland for just under $1000. See you in a few days.
    :)

masterbucket likes this.
  13. Chris Treece

Cool. Fancy a beer?

The Elephant Man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.