"Roseanne" revival with John Goodman, Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Is On My Side

Time Is On My Side Forum Resident

I watched it tonight (normally I just have it on in the background and don't pay much attention). It is actually a good show. People see politics into things too much instead of just trying to enjoy something.

2. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Great Britain has Ab Fab, we in the USA have Rosanne...I call even steven :love::-popcorn::love:

3. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

I am absolutely loving this reboot. Forgot how much I dug the original. Great job being done here.

Porkpie, 905, Matthew Tate and 3 others like this.
  4. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I'm enjoying the show a great deal also. Wish people would stop calling it a "reboot" though (and I don't mean just here, but everywhere in the media). At best it could be described as a partial reboot, since they've only discarded some of the old continuity. It's more accurately a revival.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

The Conners are still the TV family I'd want to hang out with the most.

6. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Roseanne said before the series started that she thought of this as the 10th season of the show. I’m pretty certain it’s named that way, i.e. S10 E4, etc. It seems like a small detail, but that’s supposed to be the continuity of the show.

7. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

It’s definitely season 10, as they got renewed and that’s season 11

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

I feel like John Goodman is being underutilized in the episodes so far. No, not as much as Fishman, but in general, the more John there is the better the show is.

9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I think that's true. He seems to be given a lot less lines and less to do than in the earlier run of the show. I hope that changes next season.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I agree. We need an episode that focuses on Dan pronto.

Matthew Tate and 905 like this.
  11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I wonder what he's "doing", exactly? Is he retired? In business for himself doing drywalling? Woodworking? He doesn't seem to be doing much.

12. Cokelike-

Cokelike- Forum Resident

Bring back The Practice!

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  13. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Both Roseanne and Dan are in their late 60s, so they are past retirement age at least in theory. But there was an episode this season where Dan had drywall on his hands. The implication seems to be that he is "retired" from working a regular 40-hour-a-week job, but does independent contracting on the side because they need extra money.

14. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Dude111 likes this.
  15. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Spoiler episode title and summery for the May 8th episode:

Roseanne
    WISN-DT - 12.1 Tue, 5/08, 7:00 PM 30 min
    "Go Cubs"
    New, 5/08/2018, Comedy, Classic, Situation Comedy
    Since the Conner's are unable to pay their Wi-Fi bill, they become friends with their new neighbors so they can use the Internet for Mary to connect with her mother Geena, who is stationed in Afghanistan; Dan loses a significant job.

My comment...
    Finally, a plot about D.J's wife and daughter.

16. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

and about dan!!

ElevatorSkyMovie likes this.
  17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Dan gets something to do! Yay! :)

ElevatorSkyMovie likes this.
  18. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Estelle was the highlight of tonight's episode. The Mark/Dan sub-plot was throwaway fluff but the prop department did a nice job on Mark's first birdhouse.

How did she move Jackie's furniture around, anyway? They never did answer that.

19. 905

905 Senior Member

I missed a little of the show because my digital antenna was acting up, but glad that it had plenty of Bev.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Maybe she and her "friend" did it.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

bill maher dedicated his entire final 'new rules' to roseanne barr last friday.

it was very interesting.

22. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I know they're good friends, but it's funny how people can't separate the artist from their personal beliefs, no matter how ridiculous they might seem to some.

I enjoyed the Bev dynamic again last night. She hasn't missed a beat (no idea if Estelle Parsons has been actively acting in recent years). As for Dan's storyline being fluff in this episode, I think it's usually that way in sitcoms. You have the main storyline and then usually a goofy side-plot with some of the other characters. With that said, John Goodman has been great as "Grandpa" Dan so I would enjoy more of his character.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

She is still active and acting and had credits in Grace & Frankie recently.

rburly and marblesmike like this.
  24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Still working, and sharp as a tack! Good for her! :)

fitzysbuna likes this.
  25. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Also, to note about last night’s episode is that it was the last one filmed for the season. I assume we won’t see Estelle again this season as she would be back in Roseanne’s house for any eps filmed prior.

I would’ve liked seeing more of Nancy and Crystal as they had a very brief scene. Hopefully they will be back next season. I know Sandra just did one episode. They flew her out to LA from NY for just a couple minutes of dialogue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.