Jason Bateman has “officially signed on” for "Arrested Development" season 5

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

2. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Netflix Is Officially Bringing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 'Arrested ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Development' ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

“In talks with Netflix we all felt that that stories about a narcissistic, erratically behaving family in the building business — and their desperate abuses of power — are really underrepresented on TV these days,” said Hurwitz in a comical statement on Wednesday. “I am so grateful to them and to 20th TV for making this dream of mine come true in bringing the Bluths, George Sr., Lucille and the kids; Michael, Ivanka, Don Jr., Eric, George-Michael, and who am I forgetting, oh Tiffany. Did I say Tiffany? — back to the glorious stream of life.”

3. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

We enjoyed the first run through. But we got bored with its return, and never finished season 4.

4. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Very excited. Love this show.

5. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Bring Michael Cera back please!

alexpop likes this.
  6. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

That was a bad idea. Most of the payoffs for the jokes in season 4 came fast and furious in the last few episodes. I'm not even sure the punchlines in the early episodes (many of them visual) even make any sense without the setups in the back end.

Damien DiAngelo likes this.
  7. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Perhaps we shall re-watch.

8. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

While a big part of the pleasure of Arrested Development was how quick and layered it was, I thought the fractured narrative of the fourth season was so complicated it got in the way of just enjoying it. I don't want to work that hard piecing together the plot of a sitcom. Maybe it's better on a second viewing but there's too much new TV for that.

And it sounds like this new season is going to be just as compromised by the challenge of assembling the cast --apparently large chunks of the time are going to be taken up by different actors playing the Bluths at younger ages. Who wants to see that?

pdenny and Planbee like this.
  9. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Agree that the season needs to be appreciated as a whole.

Buster's episode is my favorite.

10. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I found a lot more to love about Season 4 during the second viewing. That season is really under appreciated.

11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Same for me. Fizzled out around David Cross's episode or Portia's. I just lost interest.

12. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

Yes, season four works better with repeated viewings. It's not really that complicated, but there is so much to catch that is easy to miss the first time around. Nothing wrong with putting in a little effort. How many shows require that?

13. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

DeeThomaz likes this.
  14. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Michael Rose and intv7 like this.
  15. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

You think that's gonna end up as a bonus feature on the season 5 DVD set or are they gonna make us re-buy the season 4 sets again instead? Either way, I'm more looking forward to a nu start.

How soon until they start shooting season 6? :hide:

16. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

Same. I'll give the new one a try though

17. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

That is what I have been hoping to happen since I finished S4. The one character-sentric episodes threw off the recipe that helped make this show so great in S1-3.

pablo fanques likes this.
  18. NYMets41

NYMets41 Forum Resident

I think Buster Bluth’s character was lifted from Harold Lloyd’s

Jocko likes this.
  19. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm just curious if Jeffrey Tambor will be back.

Solaris likes this.
  20. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

That was my first thought too. Based on Mitch's tweet, I'm thinking that it's already filmed in secret and most likely he's in it.

21. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Season 5 is definitely in the can and Jeffrey was part of it. The open questions are how much of Jeffrey’s material ends up in the final episode cuts, and if he returns for a potential season 6.

22. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Alia Shawakat said back in November on Stephen Colbert that season five was already shot. That was quite awhile before the revelations about Tambor were confirmed. His personal issues probably had something to do with why it's taken so long to drop - maybe they were waiting to see how the public reacted to his removal from 'Transparent'? - but not the scripts or principal filming.

23. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

24. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

Looks like the season 4 remix dropped early. It’s on Netflix right now. Unexpectedly (to me at least), the original version of season 4 is no longer available to be watched.

25. OldSoul

OldSoul Don't you hear the wind blowin'?

The original version is in Trailers and More.

"PROPERTY OF TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX" over the flashbacks is cracking me up. I'm not sure if it's an actual joke, or actual legal disclaimer.

DeeThomaz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.