Massive Attack - Vinyl reissues 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

New 2018 version - UK, Europe and US. Pressed by Optimal Media.

Massive Attack - Heligoland

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

With equally comedic pricing.

3. Classicrock

Looks like you can get one from Amazon US for half UK price when they have more stock. Through Amazon, postage and customs are usually low, so it will still be a great deal cheaper with these included.

It's Felix likes this.
  4. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

It’s not the VAT and Customs charges I really object to.....it’s the extra £8 that the Post Office add on simply to advise you that they are holding this item for you. Or does that not apply to Amazon purchases from USA?

5. Classicrock

They charge in advance so no hidden charges. In past I've actually had a refund for part of the payment.

Shpongle likes this.
  6. Shpongle

Shpongle Forum Resident

100th Window showing as £52.99 on a U.K. site due 25th May.....whether it materialises on that date is of course debatable.

Weirdly, it states LP + Cassette?

7. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Heh... as usual EVERYONE is talking about Heligoland. I am still talking about Mezzanine. Thanks though :)

8. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Amazon.ca promised me they would ship as of May 16th, but now the 17th and still shows "No tracking details. We're preparing your order. Carrier information will be updated soon."

I am guessing it's not coming :(

Did anyone ever receive from amazon.com?

9. latheofheaven

Are you talking about Heligoland like everyone else here :) or some other album of theirs...?

brimuchmuze likes this.
  10. brimuchmuze

Ya, Heligoland :)

Probably the album in question should be a required tag for any post in this thread.

11. latheofheaven

No sweat mate! It's just that this thread is about ALL of the vinyl reissues / remasters of the group, so, yeah you're right just so we all know which album is being referred to (I've forgotten that myself assuming that others will know as a continuation from my last post, but others may comment about different albums in between :) )

12. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

It's Felix, realkilroy and Wallflower like this.
  13. brimuchmuze

I spoke too soon a few posts back. Amazon.ca has now shipped my copy of Heligoland :)

Price was only CA$32.41.

It's Felix, latheofheaven and Geee! like this.
  14. latheofheaven

Great! PLEASE when you get it, make a point to come back here and tell us how you think it sounds. Also, since I am not familiar with the album, if you could kindly give your opinion on how it compares to their masterpiece Mezzanine, that would be super nice, thanks! :tiphat:

BTW, for whomever might care... I just listened to my replacement for Mezzanine in my listening room today and it honestly sounded EXQUISITE! :righton:

Echoes Myron likes this.
  15. It's Felix

Hurrah. Told you. It is an outstanding pressing. Bass quaker

16. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Yes the Mezzanine vinyl is quite special.

17. igbee

igbee Forum Resident

Does this mean I should track down the reissue if I have the original? This is a top album for me and original has some clicking at the beginning of one side that I think I've seen others complain about as well.

18. latheofheaven

I honestly do not know what the comparison with the original would yield... What I do with my original stuff if I am considering a remaster / reissue is I just try to be very objective when listening and determine how the sound quality is and if I am happy with it. If the answer is 'yes', then I'm done. I've done that with many albums and if they strike me as recorded / mastered / pressed well, then I just dismiss the newer releases (saves a LOT of money! :)) However, like you say, when it is one of your very favourite albums (and I've been VERY guilty of this with Rush) then you might wanna do some further research or ask ones here who have the original and get some input (as you are doing here) on what the comparison sounds like. In some cases like The Cure's 'Disintegration', you can pretty much draw the conclusion that the 2 LP remaster is indeed superiour to the already pretty good DMM original. You just need more data...

19. It's Felix

I can check what my pressing is, but it was the recent release in the UK, I don't exaggerate it is excellent.

20. latheofheaven

Absolutely agree! The one I ordered from Amazon US was the same one pressed in Germany.

21. contium

contium Forum Resident

Say's who? Most I have seen prefer the original US DMM. I gave away the LP remaster. Then again, I don't like any of The Cure remasters.

22. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Great price! I bought a copy from my local record store and paid CAD $42.

This reissue was a complete shocker since I wasn't expecting it for another few years.

A very nice overall package but with only one complaint....

The inner seams of the tri-fold jacket was not glued down properly and the adhesive came in contact with the inner sleeves which were stuck to the jacket....poorly done.

I managed to get the records "unstuck" without making a total mess. Needless to say, the inner sleeves had to be replaced.

Fortunately the records were unscathed.

23. Classicrock

24. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

25. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Really enjoying Heligoland. Very chill album and sounds lovely.

latheofheaven and johnnybrum like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.