Ortofon 2M line on Massdrop

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by loki7177, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

That's probably it : I must have bought my cart just before the price was raised, because I don't recall the store advertising a discount. Good timing on my part there !

2. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

[​IMG]

superstar19, SirMarc and Gasman1003 like this.
  3. Looks good. What is Massdrop? Looks like they accumulate a bunch of orders then place the whole bundle at once . Is that how it works?

Dennis0675 likes this.
  4. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

OH... NO! I accidentally clicked on the 'JOIN DROP' link twice. I just bought TWO 2M Blacks! I emailed Massdrop Customer Service. Hope they can cancel one of the orders. If not, I guess I'm set set for a long, long time.

5. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

I know, I know

Dennis0675 likes this.
  6. BIGGER Dave

You got it! And BTW, I've been buying from MassDrop for years. They are for the most part reliable. Never had an issue with them.

7. Thanks for the info. May look at some other items on there

8. SirMarc

SirMarc Forum Resident

I miss Eric. He never disappointed lol

paulewalnutz, bootbox and Dennis0675 like this.
  9. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

ak ak

bootbox and SirMarc like this.
  10. BIGGER Dave

Today is the last day for this drop. If you want to score a 2M Black at more than $300 off retail, today is the last day!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  11. jphabc54

jphabc54 Forum Resident

Bronze and Black -- SOLD OUT!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

I've got a feeling there is going to be some flipping going on.

13. Thought that too. Watch ebay and see what happens

14. Looks like only one red variant is left

15. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

I got in on the black! Glad I wasn't indecisive....

SandAndGlass likes this.
  16. BIGGER Dave

Just received an email from a Massdrop. Shipping was originally scheduled to happen on April 30, however...

Due to an unexpected delay, these orders may ship later than the original estimated ship date. Our apologies for any inconvenience. If we find that the drop is going to be delayed by more than 30 days, we will let you know.
    If you would prefer to cancel your order, please contact Community Support using the “Contact Support” button on your transactions page and our Community Support Team will be able to help cancel your order up until it is ready for shipment.

:(

17. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

Still no ship and judging by the comments in the discussion not looking too promising for near term resolution. :cussing:

18. Jimi Floyd

Jimi Floyd Forum Resident

[​IMG]

....sorry....

19. BIGGER Dave

I’ll be waiting it out. The discount is too good not to. In the meantime I can still listen to my 2M Blue and just imagine...

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. hfarrior3

hfarrior3 Worst pressing ever ...

I'm sure most of you know this, but before you jump on the Black make sure it will provide the sound you want. Just because it's the most expensive doesn't necessarily make it the best option. From what I've read I'd personally probably go with the Bronze out of all of them.

Helom likes this.
  21. Drewan77

Drewan77 Forum Resident

I've used a 2M Black for several years. Careful setup plays dividends & this can be an exceptional sounding cartridge (requires patience with alignment & azimuth) .

displayname likes this.
  22. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

You are correct. Their price on the Back cart, is less than most are paying for just a Black stylus. It doesn't get much better than that.

I should have bought another one to keep as a spare.

My Vinyl Nirvana Thoren's TD-150 TT, came with the Bronze. I was able to locate a seller in Germany, with a slightly used Black stylus for $350.

IMO, It is worthwhile to own both the Bronze and the Black, because they are different sounding. The Bronze is very smooth and detailed. Though not as detailed as the black, I find it to be pleasant sounding. I like it a lot.

It's nice to have an alternate cartridge, by just changing the stylus out.

Suggest that possibly, you could keep an eye out for someone selling one on eBay or the forum, at the right price, that is!

ddarch likes this.
  23. BIGGER Dave

Just received this email from Massdrop. Disappointing.

Hello,
    We reaching out regarding your order for the Ortofon 2M Moving-Magnet Phono Cartridges.
    It has been brought to our attention that the item you ordered has become unexpectedly out of stock, and we do not know if more inventory will become available. Since we are unable to guarantee that we will receive this item from the vendor, we had to cancel your order and issue a full refund to your original payment method. You can expect to see the funds back in your account within the next 2-3 business days.

We sincerely apologize for this situation and as a token of our apologies, We've applied $10.00 to your member account. This coupon will be applied to the next drop you join and will appear as a discount in the checkout page. It expires one year from today. Please note that the full amount must be used all at once and any remaining balances will not carry over.

If you would like to be notified when another drop for this product becomes active, please click the "Request" button on the drop page. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.

SandAndGlass and displayname like this.
  24. 2point1

2point1 Forum Resident

Bummer. I canceled early after the first notice...

25. Benzion

Benzion "Cogito, ergo sum" Forum Resident

I'm almost glad I didn't join...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.