Buffalo Springfield Complete Box (5 AAA LPs) ($115 msrp) ...

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Ironclaw, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident Thread Starter

If you order from Soundstage direct, you can use the Save20 code and the total is $91.99 with free shipping. Not bad at all for three AAA stereo LPs and two AAA monos of one of the great rock bands! This ships in late June. (Not affiliated with SSD.)

2. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Roughly $300 for the new Stones box too

3. Fractured

Fractured Forum Resident

For What It's Worth :) ... Amazon.ca pre-order is $120 CAD, which is about the same, but total is less for Canadians, as the shipping will be a long way from free on the SSD option.

Has the mastering been discussed somewhere? I'd like to know a bit more about the details, and whether both the mono and stereo are worthwhile, before ordering.

Never mind, found it. (Don't know how this didn't turn up in my first search.)
    WHAT'S THAT SOUND? Complete Albums Collection - Buffalo Springfield

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  4. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

I cannot get the Stones boxset to accept the 20 percent coupon?

5. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Weird I didn’t try it myself yet but I didn’t think there were exclusions

Nm it’s on the box listing not eligible for discounts

6. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

7. putz

putz Forum Resident

struttincool likes this.
  8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I keep waiting for the cancellation notice from Walmart. We shall see.
    I may keep my $85 Amazon order just in case one arrives damaged I can cherry pick between the two sets.
    Not my first rodeo.

9. Jack

Jack Senior Member

masterbucket likes this.
  10. aoxomoxoa

Wait! The new Stones box is only $179?

11. Jack

Jack Senior Member

It was, for a short time.

12. aoxomoxoa

The new one with the later albums or the mono box?

13. Jack

Jack Senior Member

The new one.

14. aoxomoxoa

Wowsers

15. Ironclaw

Called SSD and got 92$ store credit. Ordered the box from Walmart. Thx dudes.

aoxomoxoa and hutlock like this.
  16. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

Ordered from WallyWorld last night. Noticed my card was fully charged even though will not ship for weeks.
    Also, if you sign up for the store credit card $25 rebate offer...it does not apply to pre-shipping items, such as this one.

17. elsanto

elsanto Forum Resident

18. aoxomoxoa

The preauthorization will fall off after a few days. You will be hit again eventually.
    I cancelled and went with Amazon. Will be easier with returns and they don’t hit your card until it actually ships.

19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

How are Amazon’s returns easier than Walmart’s? I seem to recall their mail return is just as easy as Amazon’s and you have the option of in-store return too (which is really good if you want to return a still sealed item at no cost). It’s why Amazon is testing returns to Kohl’s and Whole Foods because Walmart has them beat in this department at present.

20. aoxomoxoa

Well let’s just say that I would prefer dealing with Amazon. Also, will Walmart guarantee release day delivery?

21. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I can’t recall if I’ve ordered a new releases from them before, but they’ve been as good as Amazon with their 2 day delivery. I would think they will get their stock at the same time as Amazon so I see no reason why they couldn’t get a new release to customers on release day (but that doesn’t mean they will).

While Amazon may guarantee release day delivery, they sure don’t live up to it in my experience. Some things make it, some don’t.

Jack likes this.
  22. aoxomoxoa

Tit for tat I suppose. If Walmart’s preorder policy is anything like import CDs they will continue to check your card to see if the order will go through. then you see the charge pending and dropping off every week or so until it comes out. Amazon I know for a fact does not do that.

23. Ironclaw

Walmart had that extra $5 off though.
    If you bought through google express app there is a possibility of getting it 25% off with the promo code (appspecial). Nevermind, it’s not on express.

24. aoxomoxoa

I had a 3.80 credit from Amazon.
    Strange story. When Amazon first listed it at $114 I contacted them and told them about soundstage direct pricing. They offered me a $23 credit to match it (after a bit of coaxing on my part).
    When amazon lowered it to $100, my courtesy credit it was still there so my order fell around $85. I thought, “great”!
    The when the Walmart price of $64 came along, I asked amazon if they would match it and they said no. So I asked if I could keep the courtesy credit of $23 fo another time. They said no.
    So I cancelled my amazon order and went with Walmart.
    Now if hadn’t done that, I would have got it for around $40. But the story gets better....
    I ordered an album after that for around $20 and they applied my courtesy credit. So I actually got that album for free.
    Once the amazon price dropped to $64 I canacelled the Walmart and went back to amazon!

So after all that, I got a free copy of Automatic For the People by REM for my troubles, and $3.80 off the already low price of the BS box.

Not bad for a days work. :D

The Beave and googlymoogly like this.
  25. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Yea...deal of the year on the Stones set.
    I got 2 at that price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.