Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

Anyone getting the Japan mini LPs for any of these? I was thinking of getting Chaos. Is there any reason to?

I’ve already ordered the colored vinyl and have the original 2005 LP. I really love this album..

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  2. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I have preordered them all. I have the other eight mini-LP titles as well, mainly because I love Japanese CDs in terms of the packaging and I think that SHMs sound better (but this is subjective and many would argue they don't).

Syl76 and Embracetheday like this.
  3. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

sold out in every web i was trying to reserve chaos..and new...I hope more on the way...

4. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Well, yes. I am assuming that no individual is going to die and, sadly, in any given large population a few will do. But even so, I still rate hearing new music from Mr McCartney a higher priority than listening to new releases of songs I already have and can listen to whenever I want.

I was, of course, only talking for myself. If I happen to die before the Press to Play Archive Collection edition comes out I won't be around to complain about it.

Mr. Explorer and mrjinks like this.
  5. Syl76

Syl76 Forum Resident

Same as me :)

Oyster Boy likes this.
  6. Embracetheday

I just preordered Chaos colored vinyl on Paul’s official site. I followed the link through the original email sent from his site in March. It seemed to work for me. Fingers crossed I don’t get an email stating they canceled the order.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  7. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

sold out ......one minute ago

8. Embracetheday

Ah sorry man...I feel your pain. I woke up this morning to an email saying my delivery from Udiscover had been canceled. I scrambled quickly for places to order again. I ordered Thrillington and New from Bullmoose and Chaos from PM.com.

I hope you find them somewhere else. I will keep an eye out and post here if I hear of them available anywhere.

9. Embracetheday

Are you sure? Are you in the US? I just checked again and didn’t go through the full checkout process but it shows it’s in stock.

10. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

But are we talking about the colored vinyl..?..Chaos shows as sold out..few minutes ago...

11. Embracetheday

Yeah I am referring to the colored vinyl. That’s very bizarre. Like I said I didn’t try to pay for it again, but I added it to my cart and clicked all the way up until that point and it doesn’t say it’s out of stock.

I am following the link sent by PM.com to newsletter subscribers in March. I had trouble finding it by regular search before doing that.

12. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

strange...following the link from PM.com..and shows sold out... ( Udiscover store)..one minute ago...

13. bward

bward Senior Member

Against all odds, my Amazon order for the 4 new McCartney albums on color vinyl is still active, and showing friday delivery. I really thought this might be cancelled by now. I know the week is young.
    Anyone else showing their Amazon order is going to be fulfilled?

TheCatInSatinTrousers likes this.
  14. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

Anyone else itching to read that precious, small black card included with these vinyl releases?

C_Jepson likes this.
  15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

That would be a miracle!

Mr. Explorer and longdist01 like this.
  16. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

That would be the card containing the code for the mp3 download.

The 'coming soon' sheets have never been shown in online store images, so we won't know if whether one is included or not until someone gets their hands on a physical copy.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  17. Embracetheday

Glad to see you I had luck with Chaos on his site too!

Jerry Horne likes this.
  18. Embracetheday

They weren’t included in my last round of reissues if I recall. I don’t have them in front of me at the moment.

19. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Me too. I ordered elsewhere and am now wondering if I'll have two sets headed my way (pretty sure I don't even need one!)...

Christobal and Embracetheday like this.
  20. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Embracetheday and efegarcia like this.
  21. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

There’s where you’re wrong. Beatles fans are obsessive even in death.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  22. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

I was surprised to see that the PM.com had the previous titles color vinyl still available. I ordered me another red McCartney debut since mine was scratched at Xmas time. Somehow some decoration glitter got into the sleeve and left audible scratch through 1/4 of side one!

23. Embracetheday

It seems like these releases were initially scarce but after some time came back into stock on his site. I could be wrong on that and they were available all along, I’m not sure.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  24. jordanlolss

jordanlolss Forum Resident

After being unable to find a colored copy of RAM at my local record store multiple weeks in a row, I decided I'd order from PM's website. This was on April 23, and my record just shipped a day or two ago. I emailed customer service a week or so ago and they told me they were waiting on a newly pressed batch to arrive at their warehouse, so, I'd say these maybe aren't as "limited" as they claim.

25. CDC

CDC Forum Resident

Thrillington is the only McCartney record I've never purchase other than The Family Way. Might be time to buy it just to tide me over till the new release. Follow the Twitter link to see the extravagant video created to promote the release :shrug:

Twitter

Last edited: May 14, 2018
    Mr. Explorer, Oyster Boy and FKA002 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.