Rami Malek is Freddie Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody"*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Looks entertaining. I'll watch it.

Sondek likes this.
  2. ejluther

ejluther Forum Resident

Well, please tell Brian and Roger they've brought a lot of musical joy into my life and I thank them! :righton:

3. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

The Roger character's appearance (horrible wig) is the weakest link. Raimi's eyes are very big but, he has done well with Freddie's physical stage movements.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  4. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

He has; and really it comes down to the script and director.

5. Michael Rose

Agreed. :sweating::-popcorn:

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  6. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I still haven't seen Walk the Line. I mean to.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  7. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

It kind of looks like Rock Star to me...something in that vein. Which obviously isn't good but I could be wrong. We'll see.

andrewskyDE and Zoot Marimba like this.
  8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Yeah! Yeah! "Ray" was excellent.

9. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

hard to pull off mercury, he was an unusual looking fellow, but it will all come down to script and acting. a good script will keep you interested and a good actor will make the physical flaws disappear

10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

"Rock Star" the worst movie ever. And I actually decided at some point that I wanted to read a Jackie Collins book, so I grabbed "Rock Star" on a whim. She's practically unreadable!

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  11. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

'Bohemian Rhapsody' will probably have all the fanboys (including me) tutting endlessly about each and every innacuracy in the story.

That won't stop me from going to see it on day one.

I wish they'd have called this film 'The March of the Fairy Fellas'.

Silken likes this.
  12. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I’ve seen worse but that was definitely a turd

13. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hope they will fix that 1974 setlist in the film. 'Fat Bottomed Girls' definitely did not exist at that time.

14. Michael Rose

I've said before in another thread but, I love that movie. It is cheese but the gouda kind. The original music by "Steel Dragon" was 80's hair metal bliss. It's just a fun popcorn movie. But I understand the hate. It just came at me at the right time.

McCool71, jpgettes and Zoot Marimba like this.
  15. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

I don't think the actors have to look exactly like the real people they play. There should be some resemblance, of course, but I think it's more important that they can play the part. And what I've seen in the trailer seems promising. Visually very good too. But of course, everything is in the story and narrative. We'll have to wait and see.

16. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

Another film with period set-pieces and actors that look like they've fallen into a fancy dress box. It doesn't look at all authentic. The wigs on some of the extras are ridiculous. Even the poor make-up and fake hair from Jersey Boys and J Edgar [sorry Clint] weren't as jarring.
    When Coppola filmed those Godfather II scenes and Leone with Once Upon A Time In America; you were transported back in time.
    This looks like a crap TV movie.

Crimson jon likes this.
  17. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Lot's of negativity from that weird miserable lot!

Michael Rose and warewolf95 like this.
  18. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

This movie spent so much time trapped in Development Hell that it's almost hard to believe that it's finally coming out....

19. dannydieerr

dannydieerr Forum Resident

I drove to work a few times past Sandown Park Esher when they were filming and you could see the great big Live Aid stage they constructed, they have certainly "gone for it" hope it isn't another "The Doors"

20. cungar

cungar Forum Resident

This will be like most rock biopics. A bunch of people will say they're excited to see it. It will get lukewarm reviews and open in 5th place in box office and be gone from theaters in two weeks. Eventually it will wind up on Amazon Prime next to Jimi All is By my Side and Greetings from Tim Buckley

21. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

It's already got one thing going for it; the popularity of group the movie is about. That's not enough on its own if the film isn't any good though. However, if the movie has a decent script - and I'd say the odds are in its favour that it has, given the writer - I think it'll do very well indeed. Time will tell.

Michael Rose and andrewskyDE like this.
  22. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I can't tell too much from the trailer but it looks better than I expected.

I tend to like most rock bio pics I see though. I would hope this one would be as close to accurate as possible considering the direct involvement of the band. But I'm sure some things will be white-washed or 'compressed.' That just goes with the territory.

andrewskyDE and mark winstanley like this.
  23. Now that is a great movie-trailer. They've got my $10 come November...

primejive, stuwee and EVOLVIST like this.
  24. pokemaniacjunk

pokemaniacjunk Forum Resident

well one of them did notice that in one of the stills had fat bottomed girls in a Queen II setlist

25. Flappo

Flappo Active Member

Excellent jaw structure , great actor , wonderful physique, can sing ?? ... shame the eyes let him down

Freddie had lovely eyes , this guy's are just plain odd

Sascha would have been perfect - in fact he is perfect , missed opportunity imo

'if it's not in the eyes it shows' : C. Lee