Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

You mean like this? That's why they're called Gorts. But they make disappear accounts instead of guns. :p

[​IMG]

2. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Exactly... [​IMG] (nice shot, BTW!)

mick_sh likes this.
  3. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

4. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

Andy Pandy likes this.
  5. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

6. Almost Simon

Almost Simon Forum Resident

Been waiting for mine a while, if cd does turn up i'll return it, I want the vinyl. The original order should list vinyl. I'll check mine now.

7. Almost Simon

Just checked and it now says my order is cd, that's very wrong, will message them later to complain.

8. Andy Pandy

It’s strange that it is suddenly changed from vinyl to cd, isn’t it?

9. Almost Simon

Are you keeping yours? I would challenge it, same way as they always keep to the price promise so the item you ordered should be delivered at that price. I believe its just an error on their part. I'll just say ive noted my order has changed from vinyl to cd, please change it back and confirm I will receive vinyl.

10. Plonk77

Plonk77 Forum Resident

I’ve just mailed them as my order has transformatted from vinyl to cd as well

11. Andy Pandy

No I filed a complaint, claiming they sent the wrong item. But now it seems they placed a new order of the CD... doubt that I will manage to get them sending the LP.

12. Almost Simon

I've just mailed them, lets see what they respond with, will let you know.

13. Almost Simon

Received a response.

"For your information, Whenever you are placing an order for the 'Vinyl' version of the item the name of the item would be "Five Day Week Straw People [Vinyl]', however I see in the confirmation email sent to you by us didn't mention Vinyl."

Okay, so I checked the order date - 23rd March and went and checked my spam folder as thats where my amazon order notifications go, checked and I had cleaned my spam and only have mails back to April 15th. Sadly not going to win this one, very frustrated though, I am convinced the original order said vinyl, there's no way i'd order it otherwise.

Do you have your original email confirmation? Was that any help? Probably like mine, no mention of vinyl.

I may give one last push to see if I can get anything, i ordered the vinyl in good faith. Something not right here but dont have the inclination to fight this too hard, one last push but can see me cancelling as it is now a CD. My order shrunk!:rolleyes:

14. Plonk77

Plonk77 Forum Resident

I got the same response and am 100% sure it said vinyl in the title. I’ve had another go so will let you know if I get anywhere. They gave me a £5 credit for my trouble.......

latheofheaven likes this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

You won't get the vinyl. You will get the chance to return at Amazon's expense for a refund.

That's how it rolls.

16. Almost Simon

My response stated it was vinyl and was advertised as such, please advise in my confirmation email where it says I ordered cd?

Whatever, was worth one more push. £5 credit seems to be the usual, to be honest i'll take that, you can order the vinyl via their marketplace sellers for around £15 anyway so could go down that route.

Plonk77 likes this.
  17. latheofheaven

Just check under your 'Orders' It clearly shows precisely which item you ordered...

18. Andy Pandy

I have the original confirmation but it doesn’t mention vinyl (nor CD for that matter). I’m 100% sure it was listed as vinyl when ordered.

19. latheofheaven

Dude, just go into 'Orders' which shows all of the items that you have ordered. There is no guesswork to it mate :)

20. Almost Simon

Further to this, I've checked and can see that currently the vinyl version is listed as "Temporarily out of stock". Please know that due to this reason previously my colleague was unable to confirm that we will supply vinyl version. To help you at my best, I’ve now escalated this to the supplier centre to get the stock of this vinyl version immediately, so I can assure that you will receive the vinyl version once we have the stock.

I politely asked twice and in the end they said okay. The one issue is I believe that vinyl is no longer available. I'll leave it a while and see if it turns up, if not i'll cancel.

21. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

imarcq likes this.
  22. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

So cheap that I for a split second considering getting it even though I already have it

23. Graham

Graham Senior Member

I bought it from Amazon for £4.99.

24. Almost Simon

Wow, when was it that price?

I own it already, wouldn't mind FMac 75 SDE for a reasonable price. In no hurry though as already have the mp3s of the extras, just would be nice to own alongside Rumours.

25. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

Sure enough, researched using camelcamelcamel.com and pans out; £4.99 on Feb 29, 2016

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Almost Simon and latheofheaven like this.