"Roseanne" revival with John Goodman, Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf.*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Apr 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

But Roseanne has an EBT card. Can you receive Food Stamps and SSI? (And, yes, I realize I'm asking this question about fictional characters...)

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yes.

RoyalScam likes this.
  3. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Just watched this week's installment and I am still LOVING this show! Good laughs each week. The joke writing team keep hitting them out of the park.

905, NUNZI, stuwee and 1 other person like this.
  4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, I've been pleasantly surprised at how often I've been laughing when watching. They've really been doing a great job keeping the scripts funny and entertaining which is a lot more than I can say for the last season of the show.

Matthew Tate and marblesmike like this.
  5. 905

905 Senior Member

Classic episode, there was both cathartic laughter and geniune concern. I veered between cracking up at Mark and Mary being birds (and Jackie wanting to be) to being worried about Roseanne.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yeah, this episode hit all the right tones. 8 down, 1 to go for this season. Then we have to wait until sometime next year for Season 11.

7. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Season 11 comes this fall!

LOVED tonight’s episode, perfect Roseanne episode. I love Crystal. Can’t wait to see what happens with Rosie.

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Not this Fall. Next year sometime. But they could start filming this Fall I suppose.

9. paulmccartneyistheman

10. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

11. ElevatorSkyMovie

ElevatorSkyMovie Senior Member

While I liked this episode, I was watching LAFF tv later on this evening. The episode was on where Ziggy shows up and gets Dan to buy the bike shop with him, then bails on him.

Thinking about how great that episode is with Ziggy, this new season hasn't even come close to the best episodes of the original.

JimW and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  12. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I was glad to see another issue being brought up, i.e. opioid addiction. It was another smart, funny episode that deals with a huge problem in the US today. Congrats to them for showing how it's normally handled. Will Roseanne spend time in detox or will she go to a 12-step program?

The writers are doing a good job keeping the show funny and topical.

13. paulmccartneyistheman

The ratings are still strong, bested the last two weeks at just right under 11 million(10.79 to be exact)

#1 show last night according to Deadline.

I rewatched all of the revival episodes this week and I am so amazed at the replay value of these shows. Awesome stuff, can’t wait for season 11

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

I read an article where ABC is saying they want to push Roseanne away from politics and more towards family for the next season.

I'm not trying to start a political debate, but I really hope the execs leave the show alone and let it continue as is.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  15. FredV

FredV Senior Member

If she’s like any other star who has a major hit TV show, she’ll listen politely to the network executives, nod her head as they talk, maybe jot down a few notes, thank them for their helpful input, then continue to do the show her way because she knows it works!

[​IMG]

16. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

TV executives rank right up there with record company executives.

RoyalScam likes this.
  17. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

18. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

I especially liked how the inability to pay for her knee surgery was used as the reason for her addiction. The parts where Dan says he'd rather take on extra work than watch her od and she goes off to make sure her secret stash is safe were well done , fairly wrenching dramatic turns.

19. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

I think I like it better than the original.

20. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Here's a synopsis of tonight's episode. This is the Season 10 finale. Season 11 will start up sometime this Fall.

Knee Deep"
    New, 5/22/2018, Comedy, Classic, Situation Comedy
    As Roseanne's knee condition becomes worse, Dan must make an important work decision, but things work in their favor when Lanford is hit with a big storm; Darlene becomes aware that she must return to her writing passion.

Season 11 will be 13 episodes long. If anyone hears when the season will premie as we get close to the Fall, please let us know in this thread. Thanks!

21. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Paul, I think you can put the info without spoilers if you want imo. I think people who saw last weeks episode know the likely subject even though those info blurbs give as little actual info. The Darlene story arc gives very little information but makes me want to see what happens.

I think the writing has been top-notch. The acting is spotty imo, but the story arcs are today's news. I like the way the show is going and can't wait until next fall to resume.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  22. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I think DJ passed down his mediocre acting genes to his daughter. :) I think his wife contributed hers too.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    paulmccartneyistheman and rburly like this.
  23. 905

905 Senior Member

Looking forward to next season :tiphat:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

That flooded basement looked nasty! Wow... I thought the tension between Dan and Chuck was interesting and very true-to-life.

25. paulmccartneyistheman

definitely an episode worthy of the original for sure, imho. That tension was soo real. That episode was almost heartbreaking until that great ending

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.