Gatefold Smushing Prevetion

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Leonthepro, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic Thread Starter

Its a somewhat common problem but Ive never heard of any tips to prevent or fix these types of issues for Gatefolds. The example below happens to be a Trifold but the same applies.

[​IMG]

melstapler likes this.
  2. Leonthepro

Bump, love how I spelled the title wrong.

3. Otlset

Otlset I think I am I think

I don't know the answer, but here's another related common LP cover problem that, once it happens, may also have no answer regarding repair.

[​IMG]

4. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Insert heavy cardboard that is as thick as the gap that causes the collapsing under pressure, the same dimensions as the cover.

eddiel likes this.
  5. Leonthepro

This might work well for the problem below, which I would call corner creasing and smushing/bump. But for general smushing it wouldnt be so easy though. This also doesnt really happen if you are careful enough with your collection and dont bend or throw your covers around. It mostly happens in shipping for me and the best way to prevent it and seam splits is to backage the LP in its inner sleever but outside the outer jacket cover, inbetween if its a gatefold. Also what @Lord Hawthorne said should also be applied but easiest is to put a slightly larger carboard plate behind and infront of the cover to prevent damages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.