Strictly for fans of Audio Note UK (all things Audio Note UK)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Richard Austen, Mar 19, 2015.

1. John Mee

John Mee Forum Resident

I wish I could come to the LA show but I doubt my schedule is going to allow that much time away. Perhaps if work takes me down there at that time, I will be able to..

I think that’d be a great idea for all of us to get together. Too bad I live so far away as I would love to do it.

Perhaps we can do the same thing for the Northern Ca. folks one evening after the CAAS at the end of July, where there will be an AN room?

2. Warren Jarrett

Warren Jarrett Audio Note (UK) dealer in SoCal/LA-OC In Memoriam

I have done the CAS in San Francisco a few times, but not this year. So, I don't know if there will be a room there for AN.

The question I have is: shall I do T.H.E. Show and the LA Show, that are scheduled for only 1 week apart, and only a few miles apart, June 1-3 and June 8-10 respectively? I am definitely hosting an AN room for the second one... but why should I do both?

Does anyone plan to go to one or both, and which one is preferred by the AN fans reading this?

3. John Mee

John Mee Forum Resident

I agree, it seems redundant to do both SoCal shows, esp. since they are only a week apart.

For Oakland, We WILL have an AN room this year, room 5226. We have already decided that it will be a level three system, plus reel-to-reel tape. We still have not decided on the exact amp/pre-amp or integrated yet and likewise we have not decided on which reel-to-reel tape will have. We do know that we will be playing a selection of tapes very few generations removed from the master and that (as always) we encourage people to bring their music so that they can understand what AN equipment sounds like with music they know.

Warren Jarrett likes this.
  4. WriteFace

WriteFace Well-Known Member

It is a significant upgrade over what I had before. I don't know how to describe it. I just love it. It is just "more" musical (if it can be described like that).

Today I received the Conquests with new transformers. The combination of M3 and Conquests is quite winning. I was doing the "unthinkable" until yesterday using Wyred 4 Sound SX-500 monoblocks with M3 as I didn't have any other amps. It was not too bad (surprisingly) I think the M3 adds its magic in the chain, and its musicality cannot be suppressed by the coldness of Class D amps.
    I am yet to receive my AN-E Alnico Spx .. Hope to receive them in couple of weeks.. Keeping fingers crossed.

5. Tlay

Tlay Forum Resident

^^^ That's great to hear. I have a m3 ordered and same with the iq3 cart. Should be a winning combo! All running through a new m2 riaa phonostage. Now just practicing patience since the wait time can be very long.

6. Richard Austen

Richard Austen Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've finally found the picture of the AN E in British Racing Green

[​IMG]

Audio Note offers around 20 finishes but they will do custom jobs.

Anyone for Hot Hello Kitty Pink? The front area below the woofer has quite a lot of space and it would be cool to have a plate or something to attach your favorite album art. Wide baffle speaker advantage.

Diskhound likes this.
  7. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

They are at the Copenhagen dealer's right now. Maybe I should go and check them out :D

Richard Austen likes this.
  8. Richard Austen

Any Shindo owners into the AN E should jump on them.

WriteFace likes this.
  9. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

Looks like its going to be a digital kind of morning.

[​IMG]

This is of course an ANK kit DAC 2.1 vs. "real" Audio Note UK, but the DACs seem an area where there is the most overlap between the two brands. Non-oversampling, filterless AD1865 R2R, IV transformers, the M2 power supply, etc makes it seem more similar then different then the AN DAC 2.1. I figure its warmed up enough, let's see how this sounds.

10. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Excited to hear your report.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  11. Salectric

Salectric Senior Member

I am interested too!

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  12. WriteFace

WriteFace Well-Known Member

Today I will receive the missing link in my system: AN-E Spx Alnico

13. Sugar Man

Sugar Man Forum Resident

Looks like you've been bit by the Audio Note bug @Rolltide! Look forward to your impressions on whether it improves on your LM.

Shiver likes this.
  14. John Mee

John Mee Forum Resident

Congratulations! I hopeyou don’t have same problem I do-forgoing meals, sleep, family so you can listen more....

Oh and don’t be surprised if they keep improving over hundreds of hours. Both my pairs of SPE/HEs had a radical improvement over ~500 or so hours and kept improving for another 700 or so hours

Encore, WriteFace and Seafinch like this.
  15. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Sweeeeet

WriteFace likes this.
  16. tommylion

tommylion Well-Known Member

Very nice! I heard them driven by a Jinro Integrated in Montreal last year, and they are the ones I hope to get eventually.

17. Encore

Encore Forum Resident

+1

18. Richard Austen

Audio Note's TT3 with external power supply is in production. Oh No - another upgrade in the future - having heard the Voigt three motor and the big reference - I still have not heard better vinyl replay. I am just hoping this is not too too crazy expensive. But the big external power supply doesn't leave me with too much hope.

The other issue with turntables for me is being able to run it on HK/EU voltage and frequency AND being able to run it back in Canada/US. Still,

Don Parkhurst likes this.
  19. tomd

tomd Senior Member

I once emailed REGA and suggested an RP-6 or RP-8 in British Racing Green.They replied they liked the idea but I have yet to see one.

johnnypaddock likes this.
  20. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

M3 Line pre is on order :)
    My home trial made me realise that the M3 is much better than my Manley Shrimp (itself no slouch). I cant wait to get it into the system and up and running.

alan967tiger and Don Parkhurst like this.
  21. dogilv

dogilv Forum Resident

Has anyone modded their M2 powers supplies? I'm thinking about just a swap to Kaeisi or... if I can find a schematic of an outboard mod.

This one is for a DAC.

Anyone?

22. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

What sort of stands are the various AN-E owners using? Is there an official AN model, a blessed sound anchors/skylan model, or?

23. Sugar Man

Sugar Man Forum Resident

johnnypaddock likes this.
  24. John Mee

John Mee Forum Resident

As noted by others, there are AN stands. The model depends on the speaker and for the signature model speakers, there are also stands that incorporate the crossover.

Your closest dealers are True S0und in Campbell (Nick Gowan) and Audio Federation (Neli) in Palo Alto.

25. Shiver

Shiver Forum Resident

Original AN stands. Surprisingly heavy - filling them seems a fundamental part.