Good Deals on Other Amazon Sites (Italy, Spain, France, etc.)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Oct 26, 2015.

1. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

My Utopia box has shipped. Flaming Lips box cancelled (actually, the order has been “disappeared” in an act of Stalinist revision, it’s not even showing up in my canceled orders list); I don’t really care, it was destined for eBay anyway.

2. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

My Utopia box shipped. Flaming lips "disappeared" too!

3. Bear

Bear Forum Resident

Cockney Rebel - Cavaliers (An Anthology 1973-1974) for €5,95 on Amazon Italy. Seems to be about four times as expensive elsewhere.

4. phil1db

phil1db Senior Member

Thanks -ordered

5. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

Me too, bargain.

phil1db likes this.
  6. ody530

ody530 Forum Resident

7. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

Flaming lips wasn’t a Box was it? Mine came today but was a single cd. Utopia 7 cd set looks to out for delivery.

8. ochsfan

ochsfan Forum Resident

9. imarcq

My Utopia box racked up yesterday! :)

10. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

There were two. A single "rarities" type disc and a box set. I didn't order the single one, since it didn't seem like that great a deal for one CD with the shipping.

11. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

I blew,it. Thought I was ordering the box. Anybody need one? Lol. I’ll post in classifieds. Cheap enough.

12. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Utopia arrived safely today :edthumbs::cheers:

imarcq and mrdiscman like this.
  13. smiley69

smiley69 Forum Resident

Same here, very cheap packaging but at this price, it's a great deal !

imarcq likes this.
  14. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

My Utiopia order was canceled because my credit card kept declining it as suspected fraud.

15. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Some cruel news from Italy, my last two outstanding bargain vinyl orders have been cancelled because of a pricing error, fair enough, but why leave it so long and even give me a shipping date raising false hope, at least two orders got through so I guess it was all worthwhile, but stringing me along for a few months leaves a slightly bitter taste.:cry:

imarcq likes this.
  16. imarcq

Hasta la vista Amazon Italy! ;)

17. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

My Cockney Rebel box came in!!

18. imarcq

...to see you makes you smile! :)

mestreech likes this.
  19. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Forum Resident

Card company should have called you to see if it was a legit charge. Guess you'll have to call them next time you place an international order.

20. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I did. I actually did have some overseas fraud so their fraud detection has been overly vigilant. I’ve had many overseas music purchases declined and declined again while I’m on the phone with them. This happens on sites I make purchases on multiple time a month over the last 3 or 4 years. Over the weekend my card got locked because I bought 5 albums on bandcamp. The require I upload pictures of my drivers license before the unlock it, which requires about a week.

21. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

That sucks. I remember landing one of the ultra-rare Dylan copyright collections (1964, I think), only to have my credit card deny the charge as suspicious. I made them call up the vendor, with me on the line to apologize and make sure the order went thru. Thankfully the vendor was understanding!

22. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

Fortunately, the Utopia was a total impulse purchase. I may have heard some of it back then but not that I remember. I've streamed some since I placed the order and I don't like a lot of it. I do really like some of it, but all of the albums have stuff I don't like. So it's not that great a loss for me.

mrjinks likes this.
  23. One of my credit cards pretty much flags every international purchase as "suspicious" and will block it if I don't call in. This is despite having placed dozens of international orders over the years on it. When they wouldn't fix this issue, I dropped the credit card for another one.

mrjinks likes this.
  24. scompton

scompton Forum Resident

I’m considering it. Also because I want a chip and pin card for traveling in the EU.

25. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Can’t recommend a Revolut Card highly enough. Save a bundle on exchange rate and avail of chip, PIN and contactless.

Order your free Revolut card