Pink Floyd - PULSE rereleased on vinyl - official

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mestreech, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Yes! Jon, who is great too! ;)

2. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

I've played the first two discs so far and very happy with them. Sounds outstanding. Clean, quiet, flat vinyl.

3. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

Pulse and Bowie live Blackout from rsd day are two best sounding lp’s i heard this year

The Bredeers new lp is with this two

4. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Mines apparently with a neighbour. 6 days to deliver from Amazon USA. Not bad.

scotti likes this.
  5. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Received this one last Friday.

Just listened to the 8 sides today. Wow this is a gem and probably one of the best vinyl that I bought this year. This one is not shy on bass. Almost fainted on Breathe opening chords...

Dbstay, Jam757, Szeppelin75 and 2 others like this.
  6. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

Yeah there's some pretty slamming lows in spots. One of these days anyone.

superstar19 likes this.
  7. I had ordered this set via Amazon in Germany and had received it a week ago. Unfortunately, I had some dirt specks (which looked like regular dust at first) embedded into the vinyl (maybe when the vinyl was not completely hardened yet when it was exposed to some dirt), so I needed a replacement. There was also a quite large scratch on another albums side, so I felt it was justified to ask for a replacement (which has arrived now).

Looks like I should be able to assemble one nice and good set without issues, which is what the Amazon representative told me I should do before returning the other set.

These are nice quality pressings (but there can always be an issue), and it is quite expensive (especially in Europe), but I considered it worth the price and have many of the other Pink Floyd re-releases also.

I haven't done any sound comparisons to the CD version yet but "Learning to Fly" sounded pretty amazing. They did a decent job of ending the album sides especially in the case where there is a segue from one song to the next.

8. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Anybody compared this to original vinyl? Also is Qsound retained on this.

Leonthepro likes this.
  9. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Pretty much this and Zeppelin How The West Was Won have owned this year thus far although lots of other great reissues happening as well. Exciting times for vinyl lovers!

Norco74 and Szeppelin75 like this.
  10. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

I buy less vinyl this year as I was a bit disappointed with the ever going down quality control since a few years but so far I got quite lucky!

11. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Same mix, so it should be retained

Leonthepro likes this.
  12. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I actually find the quality control has slightly improved over the last few years. I also now have a Vinyl Flat so I don't stress as much about warps. They definitely seem to be doing a better or at least more careful/consistent job with the mastering. The Van Halen and U2 reissues have also been excellent.

sonofjim likes this.
  13. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Ordered from Bull Moose today!

14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Great price I got from SSD but my order is still “processing”. I’m not sure why every other seller can be shipping these and they still don’t seem to have it in stock. Even at $85, it’s a bit frustrating. BTW, 25% off there again this weekend for anyone willing to wait.

15. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Just listened to it. Amazing. Mesmerizing. Quiet flat dinamic. One of the best pressings ive heard in my life.

Ha and the book is beautiful too.

Dbstay, jumpinjulian and Jam757 like this.
  16. Tom Favata

Tom Favata tbuick6

It really is an amazing pressing. Easily the best sounding new vinyl re-press I can remember hearing in a long time. This one proves it doesn’t have to be AAA to sound exquisite. Super quiet, dynamic, gut punching bass and 3D like soundscape. Can’t rave enough.

Dbstay, zinan, Jam757 and 1 other person like this.
  17. mitchcortes

mitchcortes Forum Resident

Hi, did your set have the book printed upside down inside? I just opened my copy from amazon de and my book is.
    Will have to clean the records before I listen. Never owned this set in any format before by the way.

18. Not sure what you mean. The book has mainly pictures and some text, and the orientation of the pictures and the text matches (but I haven't checked every single page in detail).

19. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

Ordered from Target for $80 plus tax and arrived here in 3 days after the order was made and very well packed! Everything about the set itself is excellent in all regards!

20. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

So we're paying £100 in the UK for a London band when it can be bought in the States for $80??

21. mitchcortes

mitchcortes Forum Resident

I mean that the front and back of the book are good, but when you open it you have to turn it upside down to see or read it.

22. filson9

filson9 Well-Known Member

I only have the 95 version, and it's not upside down like yours. Probably the 2018 version isn't supposed to be to. (Maybe someday the ones with the book upside down may become somewhat valuable in the nonsense collecting world).

mitchcortes likes this.
  23. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

It's actually pretty apparent that they don't keep any stock (for any titles) and use funds received to order more units as needed. A highy questionable business model. The 25% off "special" seems to be a continuous promotion to reel in more prey and pad the business account. Seriously what the hell is going on there? Should the better business bureau be contacted?

misterclean likes this.
  24. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Listening to this now. I can confirm Q Sound is still present

c-eling likes this.
  25. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

What an incredible package. The sound on this reissue is simply breath taking, if anything the sonics get even better once DSOTM starts. The bass is so tight on this release and it goes so deep, enough to shake the room. I was always pretty indifferent to PULSE, I always felt it looked better on paper than it actually was but this has all changed now.

I really hope they release Is There Anybody Out There? And then maybe we can get some archival releases?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.