Jay & The Americans - Sands Of Time BGO defective disc

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by javilu77, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javilu77

javilu77 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hello lads,
    Today I've decided to take the shrinkwrap off several cds I've bought last year and listen.
    As per the 3 LPs on 2 Cds by BGO (Jay & The Americans: Sands of Time/Wax Museum/Capture The Moment) as soon as I hit play on the first CD, the horror. The sound goes away for 2 seconds at the 3 second mark, ruining the beautiful "This Magic Moment" guitar intro.
    Since I bought the Cd a year ago on ImportCds EBay they will laugh at me if I try to return it so I ask you:
    Any of you has this CD and is the problem there?
    Did any of you contact BGO directly for defective CDs and get a response?
    I've used to have the first 2 Lps in a CD mixed by the wonderful Ron Furmanek but it got ruined in a flood at my home along with 50 other cds I slowly but surely replaced one by one. Since the 2 LPs on 1 CD is out of print and expensive, I went for the BGO. Bad decision on my part.

[​IMG]

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

contact BGO they are a good company.

melstapler and javilu77 like this.
  3. javilu77

Thanks Mike. Just emailed them. I will post it here when I get a response.
    I am still curious if I have a faulty copy or they were all pressed with the defect.

4. Michael

that's great...let us know.

5. GerryO

GerryO Senior Member

CDs play from the ID out and are optical media, meaning there's a good chance that the defect can be seen visually. Also, is there any history of other defective copies of this particular BGO title?

6. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Okay...need to address two things here.......

1) "Hello Lads".......WTF is with that??.......what about our lady forum members??:love:
    2) "Today I've decided to take the shrinkwrap off several cds I've bought last year and listen."........more so....WTF's with that.............you had several CD's just sitting gathering dust un-played.....[mod: improper name calling removed]:D. I think the defect has been inserted by the music gods for neglecting these CD's......had you listened to them straight away like a normal person it would have played perfectly......:agree:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
    melstapler likes this.
  7. javilu77

I didn't find any history on the internet or amazon reviews.
    The CD has no visual flaws, which leads me to think it is a mastering error.

LOL, you're funny. Hello ladies, all zero of you (?).

I live in Argentina. We don't have Amazon here. Or Ebay. Or a customs/post office that actually delivers what you buy internationally.
    So if once a year I get to go to the US I take the opportunity to return with 40 kilos of CDs which I listen to when I have the time.
    Once I take the shrinkwrap off, I listen "like a normal person" several times until I feel it's time to unwrap the next one. Hope that helps!
    Now there has to be somebody here who actually has this cd and can check their copy? Cheers!

GerryO and Kiss73 like this.
  8. rjraphael

rjraphael Forum Resident

It looks like they were all pressed with the defect. My copy has the same dropout.

javilu77 likes this.
  9. javilu77

Thank you! I will let you know if I get a response from Mr. BGO.

rjraphael likes this.
  10. javilu77

No response so far :shrug:

11. Michael

well that sucks...what was the email address of BGO again?

12. javilu77

Email us: [email protected]

Perhaps someone else can try?

Michael likes this.
  13. Michael

Sure, I will help you out...PM me with the details...

javilu77 likes this.
  14. javilu77

I never got a response to my email from BGO.
    They've responded to Michael though saying all their CDs are defective and offering no compensastion whatsoever.
    I'd recommend all of you to stay away from BGO discs. Most other labels have much better quality control, better artwork and notes, better mastering, more bonus tracks and last but not least, better customer service where they actually respond to your emails.

melstapler likes this.
  15. javilu77

Please disregard my message a bove, for some reason the forum won't let me edit. Finally BGO contacted me and are solving my problem.

melstapler and Dave like this.
  16. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Great news! BGO rectified a similar issue with the Charley Pride 2CD fourfer a couple years ago and their loyalty is appreciated.

17. javilu77

Yes indeed. It is great when companies actually care about the product they sell and keeping their customers happy, specially in this day and age of dwindling CD sales.

melstapler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.