Is anyone watching the new TV show LUCIFER?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

As I kept watching Lucifer, I kept missing Rush, which was a much better show. . . wish it hadn't been canceled.

Done A Ton likes this.
  2. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

They seem to have run out of ideas, or they don't know where to go with the show.

3. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member

Just wanted to add that I forgot to add the bolded words to the above quote (in my original post).

Maybe Netflix or Amazon will pick up this show and do it right.........

4. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

That happens a lot on Series TV.

5. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

Does the star really play piano on the show? I see it, but I don't know whether to believe it or not.

Maybe the plot twist that the show needs will be Lucifer's assassination. The other supernaturals, his assistants if you will, are trying to take advantage of his new found human vulnerability, to get him murdered and sent back to hell, so that all can return to normal.

Lucifer worked well when the show followed the X-Files mini series. I hope they will get rid of the female detective's husband. That's a needless side plot. He might be more interesting resurrected from hell.

6. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

We really enjoyed this. Playing Lucifer as a mix of Kenneth Williams, David Walliams and Jason King was superb.

Would be hilarious if they got Miranda Hart to play his mum. Would be totally against what everyone would expect.

willy likes this.
  7. willy

willy hooga hagga hooga

:biglaugh:

Yeah. I'm just discovering this Lucifer show, as I don't watch much TV. Gary as the Devil is brilliant!

daglesj likes this.
  8. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

Only in America could Satan get his own show,although he's been in production for centuries.

9. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I watch it, I like it!

10. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

Cancelled now. Bummer and on a cliff hanger. :shake:

11. They are airing two "new" episodes tonight. Apparently they are shows from the second season that did not air so they will make no sense at all after last week's revelations.

12. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I was getting bored of this show but i have to say these two extra episodes were very enjoyable, and nice that Neil Gaiman made a guest appearance in the very last one

13. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

Thank God (ha) it's over.

That last season got really boring. By the end my other half was watching it while I sat looking at news on my phone.

It had good characters (other than the female lead) but the plots just tailed off.

14. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Maybe your prayers have been answered, but series fans still have faith in resurrection. This was arguably the most popular series of the three controversial cancellations of bubble-riders unceremoniously bounced by various network bean counters. Lucifer's outraged fans are holding fast, pushing demands that the series be reconsidered by Fox or picked-up by a rival network.

Cast wise, Loren German, "the female lead" is fine. Of course, I suppose everyone's mileage varies. Also, I'm not sure what you mean about plots trailing off, as I've noticed hanging plot threads often became part of the larger back-story.

The last season was far from boring, IMO. Yes, there were a few weak episodes (I'd be among the first loyal fans of this series to find fault with a couple of scripts that needed work), but overall, Lucifer's third season had solid stories and forward momentum, especially leading up to one helluva major cliffhanger.

There are a lot of borderline network series that survive under threat of cancellation. I realize that it's a real head-scratcher that some series get renewed in spite of everything, but each case has to be considered on it's own merits including how smoothly things run on the set.

Alas, Fox has a history of dropping programs that have SF or supernatural content ...even with a loyal fan base... unless ratings are unassailable. In some cases, going back to Firefly and earlier, internal politics trumped marketing, ratings and fan support. I'm not suggesting that a similar scenario is in play here, but it's difficult ignoring predictable patterns of behavior. Also, Fox has been accused of backing so-called "reality" TV fare over popular dramas as a cost savings measure even when sufficient ratings supported series renewal.

One last technical point in respect to personal biases (full disclosure). I've have had minor work in the industry (nothing connected with this series, nor any major network programming). IOW, I have no axe to grind. I'm just passionate about well crafted, non-reality based scripted drama, U.S. and international. 'Nuff said.

:cheers:
    Cat

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  15. Luvtemps

Luvtemps Forum Resident

So if[lucifer]shows up at the mall,does anyone ask for his autograph?

16. R. Cat Conrad

Lucifer doesn't do malls, ...just crossroads, and he's more interested in your autograph. :righton:

Cat

AudioEnz and razerx like this.
  17. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

For the record, "Lucifer" made it three seasons, which by today's standards is quite good, even if the show didn't have killer ratings. If anything really sucks regarding the cancellation of this show, it's that my cousin, Rachael Harris, sadly got the news of it's cancellation, a day after she got the news that her mother, whom I dearly loved, had sadly passed away. I felt Rachael's pain as she was getting bad news from "both" of her lives, the real and the imagined.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  18. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Seems the home video release has been retitled, changing from "The Third and Final Season" to "The Complete Third Season". Possibly means nothing, but some have hope it means the producers think there may be another season, somehow.

19. R. Cat Conrad

Fingers crossed! :righton:

Cat

20. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

21. R. Cat Conrad

22. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

I discovered Lucifer on Prime late last year. Am about to start season 3 now. I enjoy it, though it’s laboured sometimes. It’s more about the interplay between the handful of lead characters than it is the plots. In fact, I find I barely remember the detective storylines as soon as the show finishes!

Tom Ellis is in his element in this though. I always thought he was miscast in Miranda...

23. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

i just discovered this show :hide:

Love it!

24. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

It's the humour on the show that I enjoy.

Tom Ellis is perfect for this role.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  25. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

I was STRONGLY attracted to Lauren German, and I loved the way she approached her character. But I had some disagreements with how the series was being handled, and when Lauren German's detective kissed Lucifer... sorry, I can't go along with that -- that's where I bailed. I suppose she wound up going to bed with "Ol' Nick" but I certainly wasn't gonna stick around to find out.

Also, I found it incongruous that Lucifer was so squeamish about seeing his mother naked. He's the Devil, he's supposed to be quite conversant with sin, and if he considers incest or incestuous lust to be "wrong", well he should be quite content to wallow in that. Of course, it was the network and the production studio that was squeamish, but that's a bit "meta", it still doesn't explain (within the show) the Lucifer character's embarrassment every time Tricia Helfer wound up nude or nearly nude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.