Still on the Run: The Jeff Beck Story Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chiu.0606, Apr 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chiu.0606

Chiu.0606 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Still on the Run: The Jeff Beck Story Blu-ray

[​IMG]

Posted April 4, 2018 06:06 PM by Webmaster

Eagle Rock Entertainment will release on Blu-ray Still on the Run: The Jeff Beck Story. The release will be available for purchase on May 18.

Synopsis: Jeff Beck is one of the most innovative and original guitar players of the rock 'n' roll era. Never content to rest on his laurels, he is always experimenting with new techniques, new musical styles and new collaborators. "Still On The Run – The Jeff Beck Story" follows his career from early days learning guitar solos with his friend Jimmy Page, through the Yardbirds, the Jeff Beck Group and his multifaceted solo albums. Beck's fascination with both guitar music and hot rods is explored through interviews at home and in his workshop and his musical journey is illustrated through contributions from many of his fellow musicians and colleagues including Eric Clapton, David Gilmour, Jan Hammer, Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Slash, Rod Stewart, Ronnie Wood and more.

Special Features:
    • Five previously unreleased tracks from Jeff Beck's performance at the Montreux Jazz Festival in 2007:
      • Eternity's Breath
      • Freeway Jam
      • Nadia
      • Led Boots
      • Blue Wind

2. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Jeff has had a fascinating musical journey, hope they get it right on film. I’m definitely in for this one!

3. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

I'm in too !

4. crossroads69

I think this thread needs to be moved to Music section, gets bit lost here in Visual Arts.

All Down The Line likes this.
  5. Chiu.0606

Jeff Beck Still On The Run: The Jeff Beck Story - Jeff Beck

New York, NY (April 5, 2018)– Still On The Run: The Jeff Beck Story documents the history of a musical maverick and true innovator, delving below the surface to shed light on the circumstances, inspiration and technicality behind the man and his music. The film features extensive interviews with Jeff both at home and in his workshop, as well as interviews with Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, David Gilmour, Ronnie Wood, Slash, Jan Hammer, Joe Perry, Beth Hart & many more.

Beck’s childhood saw him surrounded by music; from the endlessly playing radio, to his homemade guitar and the countless hours he spent poring over records and playing music with his friend, Jimmy Page. “I didn’t have to think about taking up guitar, I just wanted to pour my feelings into it” said Jeff. Around the same time his love of classic cars was ignited from watching American B-movies featuring hot rods, and his two great passions in life were born.

At that time, visiting America seemed like an impossible dream for the young man from Surrey, but joining the Yardbirds spawned Beck’s first trip Stateside. A paycheck from the 1968 film, Blow Up saw him to splash out on a split window ’68 Corvette – a warm memory that clearly still delights him to this day.

Covering the Jeff Beck Group’s seminal 1968 Truth album featuring Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood right through to Jeff Beck’s Guitar Shop album (1989) – from experimental rock departures to powerfully dirty, heavy grooves and everything in between, Jeff will always create a singularly unique guitar sound.

Still On The Run: The Jeff Beck Story reveals the true story of the guitar player who builds hot rods and captures the excitement and anecdotes of those who have worked alongside him. Jeff Beck has always been a risk taker, on an endless quest for fresh and challenging new sounds. Bending notes and filtering a myriad of musical inspirations, he will continue to inspire fans and musicians alike by giving voice to his guitar in the most unexpected ways.

In other Jeff Beck news, his acclaimed Live At The Hollywood Bowl performance, released last year on multiple video and audio formats, will be available for the first time as a standalone 2-CD set and as a 180-gram 2-LP set on April 6 and May 25, respectively, from Rhino.

Additionally, this summer, Jeff Beck will be joined by Paul Rodgers and Ann Wilson of Heart on the “Stars Align Tour.” The outing kicks off July 18 through August 26th with several Jeff Beck headlining dates as well. Check http://jeffbeck.com for the full itinerary and ticket information.

Jeff Beck is a 8 time Grammy Award winner, featured in Rolling Stone’s “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time” and recipient of the British Academy’s Ivor Norvello Award. He has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – twice.

fr in sc likes this.
  6. Chiu.0606

7. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

I second that.

Makes it sound like it stops after Guitar Shop ? :shrug:

8. Not to be Mr. Pedantic, but Blow Up came out in 1966, and Corvettes only had the split rear window in 1963. I hope the documentary is more accurate than that press release.

9. Chiu.0606

Official promo clip finally:

Tim 2 likes this.
  10. Chiu.0606

11. townsend

townsend Senior Member

Tim 2 and O Don Piano like this.
  12. dukesdown

dukesdown Active Member

The Tele-Gib and a small-block Chevy. Who else but JB?

seacliffe301 likes this.
  13. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

Received the dvd today and just finished watching it .....

It was absolutely fantastic ..... I hated to see it end, should've been an hour longer !

crossroads69 likes this.
  14. crossroads69

They should’ve done an extended cut for DVD/Bluray, at least included bonus interviews!

GoodKitty likes this.
  15. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Whoa i didn’t know this was coming out, i must get it.
    Can anyone tell me all about the dvd A Man For All Seasons please.

16. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

When they didn't arrive at FLASH (1985) and spend some time on it -- not a word about "People Get Ready" ! -- I thought "okay, here's where they start skipping stuff to get to the end" .......... Nothing about the Big Town Playboys ... no time really on his techno-trilogy/Jennifer Batten period , with the exception of "Nadia"........

Absent voices that I would've liked to have heard from include Chris Dreja, Jim McCarty, Carmine Appice, Max Middleton, Tim Bogert, Narada Michael-Walden, Simon Phillips, Nile Rodgers, Tony Hymas, Terry Bozzio, Roger Waters, Steve Alexander, Randy Hope-Taylor, Jason Rebello, Imelda May ......
    you know, all of them ! Really, this should've been a three-hour documentary .... Still, I'm grateful though.

17. GoodKitty

GoodKitty FloydM

Yes, you probably should get it !

I can't tell you about A Man For All Seasons. I too am interested, but some negative reviews on amazon cooled me off .... still wondering though.

18. Stunsworth

Stunsworth Forum Resident

This was shown on U.K. TV a few weeks ago. It’s very good, recommended to even a casual fan.

19. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Yes very little footage exists 67-69 but there is Bill Graham Fillmore stuff but no live sound on any clips i have seen. Aside from this there is the Beckola studio footage and some promo clip for Tallyman exists, as a portion was shown when Jimmy Page inducted Beck into the Hall Of Fame.

20. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Why does this thing end at 1989?

He was just getting warmed up by then.

Fail.

misteranderson likes this.
  21. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

Weird.
    The version that was shown on UK TV didn't stop at 1989, it went up to date with "Loud Hailer" era.

misteranderson, Chiu.0606 and gd0 like this.
  22. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

Heh! Jeff himself would be the first to react to that mistake.

Mark E. Moon. likes this.
  23. I already did, so he'd be the second. :tiphat:

Hardy Melville likes this.
  24. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

Well, which is it? It's 110 minutes, give or take, and if that's what it is, it easily could have been an hour longer. Jeff's career deserves it.

gd0 likes this.
  25. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Maybe the problem with a complete overview is that Beck continues to create milestones. More than half a century since he first showed up. And it looks like he will continue to do so right up to the bitter end.

Lucky us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.