Amazon just raised shipping rates

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Scottb, Jun 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

umm.. Prime is 2-day delivery. I ordered something Saturday night via Prime and it's scheduled for delivery Monday. We placed 70 orders on Amazon last year and 90% were Prime meaning 2-day delivery. Not 2 business days, 2 days. We have received deliveries on Sunday.

So I'm not sure about Prime shipping being "far slower", maybe you meant non-Prime?

btw Prime includes free returns and I've never had an issue returning something. A couple of times Amazon sent UPS to our door to pick up a return.

Nostaljack, CWillman, helter and 4 others like this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Here they were Amazon branded uniforms, and drive Amazon branded vans.

Kevin55 likes this.
  3. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

Ditto here.

Myke likes this.
  4. Exactly. Actually indie drivers like for Lyft and Uber. Some are in vans some show up in their old beat up cars. Then they snap a pic of where they leave your package if you are not home.

You can also chose for packages to be left at Amazon Locker locations.

5. Myke

Oh, and take a picture of where they left it, and post it within your order.

Mazzy likes this.
  6. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member Thread Starter

I get it but 2 price hikes in 4 weeks is not the norm.

7. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

See also: actual stores.

googlymoogly and hm smith like this.
  8. Scottb

Where I live there are no music stores at all-zero.

Lonson and ElevatorSkyMovie like this.
  9. Exile On My Street

Exile On My Street Senior Member

I used to exclusively purchase music from Amazon but I've now expanded that to many household goods like soap, toothpaste, Laundry detergent, toilet paper, paper towels, deoderant...just about anything I need and I find great deals to boot! As a Prime member I also benefit from free shipping, free streaming for music, movies and TV shows, and more.

You may want to consider joining prime as it more than pays for itself. I'm a busy guy and I'd rather spend time at the gym or relaxing than running to the store every time I'm low on deoderant. Just a few clicks and it's on my doorstep in two days.

Even if you don't join prime, adding these items and others will easily place you over the $25 threshold that qualifies you for free shipping.

Scottb likes this.
  10. smoke

smoke Forum Resident

Media rate on a single cd is usually under $3.00 via USPS, but it takes awhile. Two-day shipping nationwide for $4-5 is a pretty good rate, less than you will get mailing something yourself, and they have to provide all the packaging etc. too. It's still a pretty good deal, really.

11. Scottb

Unless you join Amazon Prime you don't get 2 day shipping for free. Standard shipping is $5.99

12. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

In your town or in the area?

13. George P

George P Notable Member

Unless I am missing something, shipping from third party sellers is still $3.99 and I buy 95% of my stuff from them.

Lonson likes this.
  14. MikeVielhaber

MikeVielhaber Forum Resident

Prime isn't only for CDs though.

Scottb and Mazzy like this.
  15. Jerjo

Jerjo Forum Resident

I live in a very rural area and the nearest record store is 90+ miles away. The closest "big" retailer is a WalHell about 40 minutes from here. Amazon Prime is absolutely essential to live out here. And we stream a TON of movies/TV from Prime as well.

Lonson, audiomixer and Mazzy like this.
  16. Scottb

I live about an hour north of New York City and there isn't one single music store in the whole area.

17. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

There are other places online to purchase music. I don’t usually buy CDs anymore ;however, some CDs were released recently that are not available in the U.S. and I really wanted them. Since 7 digital didn’t have them to download I had to order the CDs online. The Amazon price for all three with free shipping was close to $70 usd. Bestbuy was about the same since these discs are import only. After looking around I was able to order them for less then $50 usd from “deep discount”.

I hate ordering online but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The one good thing is that there are lots of online retailers and some are extremely competitive.

18. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

I’m a prime member, but nothing gets to me in 2 days anymore. Ordered a cd Friday and it’s scheduled for next Friday.

19. e.s.

e.s. Forum Resident

How far is Pompton Lakes from where you're at? There's a great store there called Flipside. I feel like that's getting up your way. (Nanuet is on the other side of the river from Tarrytown, right?) There's a great place called Main Street Beat not from Tarrytown, incidentally.

20. All items have a listing if they are eligible for Prime. Plus they have to be in stock Third party sales are not.

If it says eligible for Prime and you are not getting in two days then you should contact them. They will take care of you.

21. Myke

Sounds like you need Import CDs, sister to Deep Discount. https://www.importcds.com/

22. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Most Amazon items are eligible for Prime but not everything. There is a filter option when you search Amazon to show only items eligible for Prime.

Mazzy likes this.
  23. snowman872

snowman872 Forum Resident

Said bye-bye to Prime earlier this year and stopped shopping at the Amazon monster. Feels great!

Buy media at Walmart and get it shipped for free to the store. No membership needed. Also, if you have a Target Red Card, you get free shipping + a discount.

trumpet sounds, dalem5467 and zphage like this.
  24. Scottb

I would have to check how far Pompton Lakes us. Yes Nanuet is on the other side of the river (Tarrytown). Next time I'm in Tarrytown I'll check out Main Street Beat.

25. Scottb

You might be right as I only checked the rates from Amazon and not third party sellers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.