10% Off at Importcds.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

A member over at Blu-ray.com says they contacted Import CDs about the problem, but obviously it's made no difference.
    Has to be related to them, since I've used PP directly since, and had no problems at all.
    The way it stutters and jumps backs this theory up for me.

Runicen likes this.
  2. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Why not use a card, you don't get charged til things ship? if you don't have a card I am sorry for suggesting that route.
    I just noticed Import CD's allows foreigners to ship to the USA while having a billing address in another country. That makes it so much better, no need to pay months in advance when pre-ordering.

3. Myke

Sometimes there are incentives for using Pay Pal, like the 5% back on my card, that I mentioned earlier.

4. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I always look forward to this sale and typically buy a lot. This time despite having a bunch of stuff in my cart I am holding off pulling the trigger. A lot of what I buy is sacd often mofi. It seems many of the newer titles are up at a price around $25.26 so with 10% off we are at $22.73 but by the time you add postage you are paying more than Music Direct (with one of their 20% sales and free postage.) There are some good deals though bust mostly on stuff I already have.

Runicen, Myke and aoxomoxoa like this.
  5. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Paypal has been goofy on importcds for a couple of months now.

6. Myke

You sound very careful, as I am that myself. Won't Music Direct likely have another 20% off sale for the 4th of July ? Sounds like waiting is your best bet.

7. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I was thinking they usually have one for Fathers Day too, right?

8. Myke

Not sure about that Vince, they just had it for Memorial Day, I know that. :shrug:

hutlock likes this.
  9. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Hahahahahahahahhahha!

Don't ever change, Myke!

Myke likes this.
  10. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Yeah I am. Maybe too careful. I just ended up spending a lot on mofi vinyl on the eBay stackable code with import cds

Myke likes this.
  11. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Two-fold:

First, I prefer using PayPal where possible so my card info doesn't risk being lost if any given site gets hacked. Obviously, this benefit goes out the window if PayPal is ever hacked, but I'd like to think I'm gambling smarter to rely on them than most of the retail websites going.

Second, PayPal credit offers 0% interest if paid within six months, which is enticing for larger buys like those these sales tempt me towards.

I've noticed too that ImportCDs, while still cheaper than a lot of other sites, seems to be goosing their prices upwards. A few titles I'd been eyeing up before the sale jumped up after the sale was announced as well. Obviously, one can make their own judgments about acceptable prices, but the sale seems to be less of a "Wow" deal this time around.

12. Sadly, ImportCDs just doesn't have much competition in the new release selling space. Most of the non-Amazon outlets have closed up shop or been bought out, so all you have are Super D's different subsidiaries setting prices for all new music product on the Internet. They now price just below Amazon's pricing unless it's a new item during release week.

mrjinks likes this.
  13. I ran a little experiment comparing sales since all three are owned by the same company. I checked the price for an order of five different CDs at Deepdiscount (using their 10% code), ImportCDs (using their 10% code), and ImportCDs' eBay outlet with the 20% off a $60 order. Deepdiscount came in at $52.96 shipped. ImportCDs on eBay came in at $52.26. The cheapest was ImportCDs' own site at $49.66.

This didn't take into account using a cashback site shopping on eBay or Deepdiscount, which would give back around $1.50 on the orders. It appears that Super D builds the cashback cost into the pricing on those sites. eBay must give them a sweetheart deal, because they make less profit selling on eBay than the other sites.

14. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

I looked at a couple of classical boxes between DeepDiscount (added 10-15% off the price since they do those coupons occasionally), Ebay and ImportCDs and the prices varied on all three sites for the two boxes I looked at, for one of the boxes there was a greater than 25% price disparity. This was using 10% off at ImportCDs and 20% off at Ebay when ImportCDs had the boxes further discounted due to their Ebay promotion.

By cashback do you mean things like Ebay Bucks or credit card cashback?

I ended up buying one of them from ImportCDs store on Ebay since with the Ebay 20% off coupon plus ImportCDs discounted sale price it was by far the cheapest on the web or cheapest reported price from Amazon via the Camels.

15. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I took advantage of the Fathers Day double-dip, with the eBay sitewide discount applied to the ImportCDs 20% off sale. That brought things down to $9/CD for new full retail releases that are normally undiscounted.

16. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Looks as if this sale has been extended to June 14th. Original end date was June 8th unless I went totally cross-eyed during previous visits.

Incidentally, I did contact ICDs customer service about the PayPal issue. They got back to me saying that they're trying to work this out with PayPal but that, in the meanwhile, clearing cache and cookies seems to resolve the issue. Can confirm that I was finally able to place an order following those instructions.

jamesc likes this.
  17. Cashback sites like Ebates refunds you a certain percentage of any order you make on Deepdiscount or eBay. For instance, Ebates refunds 3% of your total order on Deepdiscount.

Cash Back at Stores You

Completely legitimate, they've been around years.

fluffskul, masterbucket and hvbias like this.
  18. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

Now shows ending June 15th. I don't know what to believe!

19. Myke

That's for people like me, who have placed several orders, taken delivery of those orders within 2 days at most (love you Priority Mail ) , but still aren't quite bankrupt yet, and still can afford groceries. On credit . :winkgrin:

Electric, SJP, jamesc and 1 other person like this.
  20. Electric

Order in; 30 items; $444.10 USD :yikes:

ClassicalCD, aoxomoxoa and George P like this.
  21. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Did mine this morning, just 10 items, but $200 when you tack on shipping and CA sales tax. Still, I did order a couple of things from MusicVaultz on Tuesday, ordered a bunch of SACDs from Music Direct two weeks ago, and a variety of stuff from Deep Discount at the same time. So, it's not like I'm hurting for anything! :laugh:

Electric likes this.
  22. Myke

Did you mix media in the same order ?

23. Electric

1 BlueRay, 2 SACDs, 27 CDs. Is that what you meant?

24. Myke

Yes, and since there's no vinyl, you should be fine. While Import CDs has been doing a great job packing lately, another member here posted how mixing the smaller media with vinyl wasn't a good idea. Next day, I got the pressed corrugated, with a Blu ray, and a 2 CD set in an actual jewel case, smushed under the album, leaving an indentation in the album jacket.
    That's why I asked.
    Your order may go into the same amazing box I got that same day, which contained a vinyl box set, and 2 more double albums.
    Once I cut the outer tape, and opened the flaps, there was a tongue-in groove, which opened a lid to a very deep box, where all the records rested safely.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. Electric

Ouch.