ImportCDs 20% off $60+ orders. Free US shipping.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by VinylSteals, Mar 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I agree, something is different.

My last order (5/31/18, from before the recent stacked discount sale) went from KY to Pittsburgh instead of heading due west like usual. It then hit Los Angeles and instead of bouncing to Anaheim, it made a detour to San Diego before making a turbo run north to arrive today much to my surprise.

This was an unusually long transit. Media Mail has been surprisingly fast of late. The Pittsburgh detour may be the new normal as one of my two orders from the stacked discount sale went there as well. Curiously, the other one is still in a holding pattern, stalled before hitting the first stop in the shipping journey.

Go figure.

2. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I'll add this after reviewing my purchases.

Ordering CD's and vinyl in the same order and in small quantities is risky. My order contained the vinyl of Johann Johannsson's Orphee along with two CD sets (Max Richter's The Blue Notebooks reissue & Tangerine Dream's Virgin Years 1977-1983). The latter of which came in a fat-boy jewel case and the album looked stressed from the CD's as I extracted it from a cardboard mailer which would typically be reserved for 1-3 vinyl albums tops. Fortunately, no worse for the wear but it was worrisome when opening the package.

Regardless, as long as importCDs keeps up with the selection and pricing, I will keep buying.

Myke likes this.
  3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I am impressed !!! It's a large, sturdy box, that when you open the lid, there's another layer of protection, that also opens on a hinge. Down within are the albums, comfortable and protected.
    This is a first for me.

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

You said it. In a mailer, they crammed a double album on top of a Blu ray, and a 2 CD set. The corner of the album jacket was bent, but acceptable. I won't be mixing media in the same order again.
    Lesson learned
    Tips like this are part of what makes this forum special IMHO.

5. The 20% off $60 on eBay can be combined with $15 off $75 today until 7PM PT assuming importcds doesn't discontinue the offer. I used it this morning. Foi a $75 offer you can get $15 from a different seller if preferred but everything from importcds will result in the bigger overall discount.

Myke likes this.
  6. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Just got 5 original Herbie Hancock albums, 5 original Coltrane albums, 5 Bill Evans, 11 Leonard Cohen, and 1 Oliver Nelson - all on CD . Each album comes in its own mini LP record jacket (paper). Cost was 66 dollars. Average cost per album $2.44.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Chris Gerhard likes this.
  7. floyd

floyd Senior Member

is there a code for this?

8. Code for eBay $15 is PSUPERSUMMER, no code needed for importcds.

floyd likes this.
  9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up! I got

Zappa Roxy and Elsewhere 2LP
    Grateful Dead Live/Dead LP
    Pete Townshend White City (blue vinyl)
    R.E.M. Automatic For the People (25 ann. LP)

all for $62.68

Chris Gerhard and RobCos02330 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.