Spiritualized : And Nothing Hurt (Sept. 7th)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TheWarmth, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. villanova

villanova Forum Resident

Yes! I only recently discovered Spiritualized but I am ready for this.

3. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

SoundDoctor, craigobau and LunarTunes like this.
  4. TheWarmth

I've listened to these songs a few times via my Sonos speaker in my office and I think they sound damn fine. It is a bummer that he doesn't have the funds to do a full album in the studio, but from what I'm hearing, he did a wonderful job with this one. Also, keep in mind that Pierce is a perfectionist in the studio, which would result in a ridiculous bill for the number of hours he'd need.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  5. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

Ha, was wondering when a thread about this would pop up :)
    I've preordered the deluxe version through recordstore.co.uk
    And I'm holding off on the streaming songs, want to hear album first on vinyl in one sitting.

@TheWarmth Are you the same warmth from the spz messageboard? ;)

6. Gabe Walters

I know. I want that again.

7. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Why does the title remind me of Moby????

8. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

:goodie:New Albums by Spiritualized & Suede makes this a September to Remember.

TheWarmth likes this.
  9. TheWarmth

Yeah, that's me. I am a little frustrated by the fact that I will be burnt out on these two songs by the time the full album arrives. I guess I will have to be careful not to overplay them.

Beaker73 likes this.
  10. TheWarmth

11. Gabe Walters

Because both Moby and Pierce are quoting Kurt Vonnegut?

royzak2000 likes this.
  12. OMG so excited!

I love these two songs.

13. Neonbeam

:biglaugh:

14. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

Finally!!

Both songs sound spectacular, and I can't wait for the whole album. That description of how he recorded it just sounds excruciating, esp. for a perfectionist like J! It really is a shame that, in this day and age, there isn't a record company that would put money into this project. I get it, but still...

Gabe Walters likes this.
  15. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

Is the full "Perfect Miracle" only available on Spotify? I can only find clips...

16. Gabe Walters

Both songs are also on Apple Music, if you have that.

Echoes71 likes this.
  17. Echoes71

Echoes71 Forum Resident

I use Amazon Music for streaming, and it hasn't shown up there yet, but thanks for the info.

18. Jem

Jem Forum Resident

Best news of the year so far!

19. slop101

slop101 Guitar Geek

Can't wait - they've been one of my favorite bands since We Are Floating in Space.

The album was supposed to come out last year, but I guess you can blame Jason's perfectionism and lack of funds for the delay.

They announced a tour too, and while they're playing LA, I've seen them a few times, and while they sound great, they don't exactly put on the most exciting show.

20. Reamonnt

Reamonnt Mr.T

I saw them a few times in the early 1990s in Dublin Ireland and they were memorable gigs. I think I read an interview last year where he says this will be their last album but I may be mistaken. Its yet another album for my want list!

21. TheWarmth

Yes, both songs are on Spotify.

Also, J. has kinda walked back on that "last album" statement:

With the record finally finished and a new UK label (Bella Union – Fat Possum continue to release Spiritualized records in the States), does he feel the same way now?

“I was quite sincere about that and I still feel like it might be the case. It was such hard work. I found myself going crazy for so long. It’s not like there’s no coming back, I’m fine now… it’s just such a hard thing to do, to make a record like this on your own. It’s almost as if, if I’m not pushing myself to point of madness, it’s not going to be right. And I know it’s going to be like that every time. What’s the definition of madness? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I kind of do that. I think the biggest goal is to make something that’s worthy of all that time and effort. And the more time and effort, the bigger the goal. I knew I had to make something that was good enough that it should be made. And a massive positive about making the record is that we get to play it live. That’s always the most joyous thing; everyone gets to contribute to the sound, this amazing thing that seems to come right through the roof.”

22. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I'll buy everything I can and see him live in every city I can make it to. Been following Pierce and Sonic religiously (ha) since The Perfect Perscription and have never once been disappointed. Have also gotten to chat with him a few times (and Sonic too... but those stories aren't for the forum) and found him to be a very intelligent and deeply thoughtful person. I'll support him any way I can.

KeninDC, Oyster Boy, Maggie and 4 others like this.
  23. Neonbeam

Sonic has just - kind of - produced the new Beach House album! :righton:

hutlock likes this.
  24. PaulMcCartneysGhost

PaulMcCartneysGhost Forum Resident

What is different about the deluxe vinyl? I can't really find a good description and the Bella Union website is pretty useless

• Custom Special Edition Package
    • LP housed in a custom two-piece outer box
    • 24 page booklet, saddle stitched
    • 140 gram weight vinyl
    • Orange Vinyl
    • Download Card Included

Spiritualized - Spiritualized – And Nothing Hurt Deluxe LP

PaulMcCartneysGhost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.