Roy Orbison "Crying" Analogue Productions 2 X 45 rpm Vinyl Mastered By Bernie Grundman

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Myke, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse Thread Starter

Released Jan of 2018, I find nothing about this release anywhere on the forum ???
    Just finished Side 4, and I believe I may have found the ultimate " Running Scared."

VERY Highly Recommended purchase. Got mine for only $43.32 Import CDs via an eBay %off deal.

Roy Orbison - Crying

2. McGuffin

McGuffin Active Member

Currently $34 on Amazon... ordered one yesterday.

I was also surprised by the lack of discussion about this one.

Myke likes this.
  3. Jayson Wall

Jayson Wall Forum Resident

I was surprised by the lack of reviews as well but I picked up a copy a few weeks ago and it's fantastic! I need to do a shoot-out with the Classic 33 version at some point.....

Myke likes this.
  4. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Mine will be here Thursday. Sold the nice Classic 33 about 10 years ago. This will be a good bookend to my 2004 S&P All-Time Greatest Hits mastered by SH.

Myke likes this.
  5. Myke

I just got the S & P recently, but this " Running Scared "...phew. :sweating:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    DBMartin likes this.
  6. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

I actually started a thread about this release a couple of months ago... It's absolutely fantastic (even at a whopping 80 euros, which I had to pay for it as an EU customer)! Much better than ORG's Lonely and Blue and In Dreams imho, which had some annoying pressing issues...

Myke likes this.
  7. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Fully agree, both Crying and Running Scared sound spectacular on this release, almost worth paying the high price for alone... But then there's Love Hurts and Lana too! I really love Roy's three studio albums for Monument Records.

Myke likes this.
  8. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

I wish AP would do their take on Lonely and Blue and In Dreams too, since ORG's pressings (at least the badly pressed copies I have) are almost an insult to those lovely albums...

9. Myke

They might be waiting to see how this one sells. Roy's first 45 rpm 12"...wonder what he'd think ?

Brewbs likes this.
  10. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

ORG's Lonely and Blue and In Dreams were 45rpm 12" too (2014), so it makes sense to me that AP may only tackle Crying for now...

11. Myke

If I knew that, I must've forgotten it. Christ, there is so much to keep up with.

12. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Don't worry about it, the ORGs aren't nearly as essential as this AP or the S&P ;)

13. Myke

Doesn't matter anyway, I'm in debt for records far more than a retiree on a pension should be. My In Dreams Classic Records Mono cut by Bernie is more than fine. :winkgrin:

For the Lonely And Blue tracks, I have the Bear Family box ( why I sold my MFSL CD ).

DBMartin likes this.
  14. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Right now, I'm actually listening to an original US mono copy of In Dreams, but I find myself preferring the stereo counterparts for Roy's Monument recordings (probably because of the big soundstage of his ballads). I'm actually awaiting delivery of the MFSL CD, which I ordered on Monday, and the 2011 Japanese Lonely and Blue and In Dreams CDs. It's gonna be a great Orbison weekend, listening to those CDs and my old records :cool: BTW, I have Classic Records' stereo pressing of In Dreams, and I'm really loving that one too! Do you have the other albums from them too?

granata likes this.
  15. Myke

Nearly all of my Zeps, except for II (RL + MFSL) and HoH (RL) I bought as a teen in the 70s, plus many others.
    Same situation as discovering Steve Hoffman...that I let his work into my life, before I knew who he was, well, the majority of Classics were done by Bernie Grundman. Had no idea how much I had of his, until I started researching on Discogs.

As for that MFSL CD you're waiting on, and I sold...we used to have a member here that had cases of those sealed !!! Sold 'em for next to nothing to the rest of us.

16. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I just ordered one off Amazon. I have the recent MFSL All-Time...., done from the original individual master tapes. I'm looking forward to comparing the same songs.

DBMartin likes this.
  17. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

I really like Bernie's job on the recent Pink Floyd vinyl remasters, other than that, I'm not sure if I have much of his work... About the MFSL CD, I should have looked for it earlier then! I actually paid a sizeable amount for a sealed copy of this OOP CD...

18. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I noticed the badly pressed copies from ORG, as well.

19. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Yeah such a shame, they're wonderfully recorded albums that really lend themselves to an audiophile release...

20. AnalogJ

What is bad about them?

21. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

My copy of In Dreams had one side that was quite off-center, while Lonely and Blue had one song with non-fill issues. Overall, all four records were a little warped and their surfaces weren't really pristine. I kept them because I read that other people experienced some of these issues too, and they do sound great. It's just a shame that Gotta Groove couldn't deliver well-pressed records, especially when it comes to these very expensive 2LP 45rpm albums...

22. Myke

Unless they go on sale at Amazon for $34. :shrug:

23. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Yeah sometimes I wish I were in the US... Here in Europe I paid 65 euros for the ORGs, and I've seen them at even higher prices :eek: I recently saw that the shop where I got AP's Crying just got a new copy, and they're still charging 80 euros for it! :yikes:

24. AnalogJ

But the ORGs are not selling for $34, are they?

25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Surface noise....that doesn't improve with cleaning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.