Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Someone put a lime in your scotch on the rocks.

djost, Manimal and PhilBiker like this.
  2. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Whoa I've been doing it wrong the whole time. My turntable has been mixed with beer a whole bunchy.

3. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Same here - those are the times I like my fully automatic turntables!

Bananas&blow and SirMarc like this.
  4. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

LOL, keep trying, you'll get it. Welcome here!

SandAndGlass, SirMarc and bluesaddict like this.
  5. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

I deciphered his image URL. It will be worth it when he figures out how to properly post the image.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

I would ask you how you did that but I'm pretty sure I won't understand the answer. :rolleyes:

7. timind

timind phorum rezident

is this it?
    [​IMG]

JUCO, Dan Steele, cdgenarian and 22 others like this.
  8. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

:bigeek:

9. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

I have one of these, it lives in my garage!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. Ham Sandwich

There are a couple of ways to see the broken URL. It will depend on which browser you are using.
    One way is to right-click on the broken image URL and copy the URL or open it in a new tab.
    Another way is to view the HTML source for this forum thread page.
    Another way is to go into the web developer options for the browser and view HTML resources.

Once you can see the broken URL you can usually figure out from there why it's broken (usually because it is not a direct image link) and from there you can usually get to the gallery page for that image. This works for many of the broken image URLs that get posted here.

11. bluesaddict

bluesaddict High Tech Welder

I'm with you on that one! :agree:

Manimal and SandAndGlass like this.
  12. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Purty. Total eh Klipsch of the heart. ;)

Rick H., Manimal, Robert C and 2 others like this.
  13. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

The new guy has some serious shlit!

WELCOME new guy! BTW... I have a pair of Rogue M-150 Monoblocks with two quads of KT88's.

timind likes this.
  14. Ham Sandwich

I'm imaging that the system is playing Ride Of The Valkyries right now. :D

15. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

Why aren't both speakers in the corners? How does it affect the sound?

RDriftwood and Robert C like this.
  16. Dennis0675

Dennis0675 Hyperactive!

It’s not a perfectly square room. If I put the left speaker in the corner it would be in front of a wall and no the listening position.

I don’t find cornwalls to be super fussy about placement, not like khorns. I find not having a rack between the speakers an improvement in sound.

17. Bigbudukks

Bigbudukks Older, but no wiser.

Are those the Duo XD's? How do you like them? I've been thinking about horns a good bit lately.

18. timind

timind phorum rezident

That's not my pic. I was posting it for @New Guy as his attempt at posting his picture was a fail.

My system is much more pedestrian. Here's a pic as I haven't posted one in a while, and I'm using a pair of Omega Super 3i speakers that I just acquired:
    [​IMG]

Running them with a pair of Anthony Gallo MPS-150 subs (sub amps are out of pic on the left). The Omegas are driven by a Bottlehead Seductor amp.

19. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

I tried the 704 s2 and thought they deliver a great tridimensional soundstage and lots of detail, but lacks flavor, life and emotion if you know what I mean. Now I'd like to try the 936. When I read "liveliness" I just thought that this could be what the 704 missed.

20. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Well, how do you like them? I’m hemp to Omega

beowulf likes this.
  21. timind

timind phorum rezident

Hemp to Omega? I figured you'd be :cool:

My initial listen to the Omegas was without the subs turned on; not good. Once I turned the subs on I thought, much better. I'm still working on integrating the subs with them, and are starting to sound pretty good as I get closer to optimum. Listening last night I finally could hear what attracts people to them.
    There a a half dozen songs I use to evaluate speakers. Tonight I'll try the acid test, and no I don't mean trippin while I'm listening to them. Life's Railway To Heaven by Johnny Cash on the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's album Will The Circle Be Unbroken II is one of those songs that has caused me to discount more than a few well regarded speakers. It's amazing how some speakers can't reproduce Johnny Cash's voice correctly. And I met the man and had a conversation with him once while he and June were waiting for a plane in the Indianapolis airport.

I took these speakers on a trade and will probably move them along. Just gonna give them a listen for the experience.

22. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Now that’s a great reply:)

action pact and timind like this.
  23. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

A sub or subs can absolutely compliment a well made bookshelf in a positive way. A little work/a big payoff.

PhilBiker, gd0, Clonesteak and 2 others like this.
  24. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Your system set up is very clean- looks great. Are those the last iteration of the Duo?
    PS: I just read some of your comments upthread, to the effect that those are just passing through. You owe it to yourself to listen to them with a good SET amp if you can lay your hands on one. The Avantgardes and SETs (not flea power but a bit more) are magical together.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. timind

timind phorum rezident

That's not my system. I posted the pic for @New Guy who had trouble getting his pic to show up.

I've only heard Avantgarde speakers one time at a dealer here in Indianapolis. To be honest, I don't remember being positively impressed with them. I came away thinking they went to a lot of trouble building a speaker that took up a lot of room.