New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

I'm baffled as to how hearing an album before release day makes the experience better. Surely it all comes down to whether you like the songs or not, regardless of when you hear them compared to when others do...

2. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

But ol' Phil's not a troll, don't forget that:laugh::rolleyes: I'm starting to think the guy isn't even a Beatles fan at all.

theMess and maccawings like this.
  3. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

First listen is first listen. But, I am impatient and if I can speed up my first listen, I am happier. Some folks don't mind the wait, some prefer it. When it comes to Paul/Beatles....I want it yesterday

4. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

No but there is a sequential order in ASCAP and that help navigate what are new entries and what are not. The new album songs generally would not be in there yet

5. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I was going to use the "T" word as well but decided to just yawn at his nonsense

6. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

I just calls 'em as I sees 'em, man:cheers:

maccawings likes this.
  7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Quickly I went back to My Valentine which starts from #883 so we can deduce the time frame is between 2010 and 2013

theMess likes this.
  8. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

True words of real sanity. To each their own and personally I have to much on my plate to even think about registrering numbers or signs of all kinds to get hints of the new album
    When it comes it comes and I surely will buy it and hopefully enjoy it when it s there
    Sometimes I miss the old days before internet when you first heard a song on the radio and when you bought an album it was all new. Perhaps one had read some rewiews but nothing more. That kind of experiences seems to be all but vanished these days

9. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

"Let Myself Down" is 893131112 so I guess we can expect it in the album
    "Special Day" too is 893
    You say that it must starts with (at least) 888;
    But I found a song called "Let Me Show You" that is between 885 and 888, (886) does it count?
    [​IMG]

theMess and Johnny Reb like this.
  10. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

AKA you agree.
    Bwaha

11. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Ok?
    :)

12. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

It comes down to the thrill of having something that few others have. That's part of the appeal of bootlegs, right? To be able to listen to songs that most other fans have never heard of. Back in 1991, I felt that visceral "thrill" first hand! I worked in a record store (Record World at the dearly departed South Hills Mall in Poughkeepsie, NY), and we would get the "new releases" on the day before street date, and while we couldn't sell them to customers, us employees could buy them for ourselves. I was able to pick up two of the most anticipated albums that year (Use Your Illusion I + II by Guns 'N Roses) one day early! Whoopty-doo! It WAS fun to be able to play it unannounced to my friends that night and watch their reaction as it sunk in what they were listening to (they were all planning on buying them the next day). :D

SixOClockBoos, jammincrowe and Calico like this.
  13. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

Back in the days I often got records in advance from mates within the industry. Made me feel kind of cool to have stuff others didn't t have. But time passed I got older and don t care at all about these things.

theMess, MoonPool and Derek Slazenger like this.
  14. Calico

Calico Senior Member

There were quite a few albums that I was able to get days, or sometimes weeks before their street dates in the good old days when I had befriended a girl who worked as a secretary for EMI.
    "Off The Ground", "Anthology 2" and "3", "Flaming Pie", "Rushes" to name but a few I remember.
    Also, unrelated to her fortunately, the "Driving Rain" album had leaked (without "Freedom" of course) almost 2 full months before it was officially released!

theMess and daveidmarx like this.
  15. Wild Ram Speedway

Wild Ram Speedway Forum Resident

In this list 'Me Show You' is from 2014.
    I remember that this song was registered in ASCAP before 'Wings at the Speed of Sound' reissue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    theMess likes this.
  16. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Time for a dumb theory!
    What if the album title is really "Square"?
    The drawing shows a triangle and (sort of) rounds; the missing form is the square
    It would take the opposite view to called the album "Square" while the album cover doesn't have a square on it. Could be funny!....well...a certain type of humor yeah but...

Or maybe it's called square.jpg because the image is 1024x1024 pixels...

17. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident

Interesting theory since we know Macca's always been interested in shapes, C'Moon, L7, etc...

Ah yes that DR leak in September 2011, I remember a really cool review posted on the Macca (or Beatles NG) where they guy marveled at that fact, think I must have saved it somewhere...

18. Wild Ram Speedway

Wild Ram Speedway Forum Resident

I know that I'm not a square as long as they're not around... :)

JDeanB and FKA002 like this.
  19. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Argh! Paul denied that theory even before I invented it

Wild Ram Speedway likes this.
  20. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Or "L7"!

FKA002 likes this.
  21. rppvaldez

rppvaldez Forum Resident