Music Direct - Promotions

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by George P, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

ImportCDs has their 10% off sale running until the 14th (code TAKE10) and it works on MFSL SACDs, and others!

C6H12O6 and George P like this.
  2. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

I expect another sale this weekend for father's day. I'd be shocked if none of the big retailers do anything.

hutlock likes this.
  3. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Ditto. I'm counting on it actually!

4. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

The Marshall Crenshaw and Gram Parsons's Grievous Angel MFSL hybrid SACD's are ridiculously cheap with that code, which is saying something because both titles have been widely available at reduced cost for at least two years now. (This may be why we aren't seeing anything like Sweetheart of the Rodeo or Field Day from MFSL anytime soon - I'm guessing these MFSL reissues were very poor sellers, which is a shame because they're quite good.)

5. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I believe Intervention plans to do Field Day (Expanded) on SACD. If sales of the 2LP weren’t decent, I doubt they would have considered doing the SACD.

The Marshall Crenshaw s/t SACD is not one of the better efforts of the recent incarnation of MFSL, IMO - which might be a contributor to the reduced price on that one.

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

VINCE !!!! THE SALE IS ON RIGHT NOW !!!!! Just got the e-mail and thought of you.

hutlock likes this.
  7. hutlock

And tomorrow is payday!!! Whoooooooooooo!!!!

Myke likes this.
  8. Myke

Just went to their site...apparently I missed the on eligible titles only. Sorry Bro. :shrug:
    Wondered why the 10% banner was still streamed across the top of each page.

hutlock likes this.
  9. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

Yeah, no 10 percent off of any AP or MFSL. When I called a few weeks ago I was told that they made a deal with Music Direct, no discounts on AP or MFSL. :mad:

10. hutlock

Yeah, I'm probably going to still order some stuff but that's a serious bummer.

Myke likes this.
  11. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

DAD20 at Music Direct right now.....and it worked on the new Richard Thompson SACD!!

12. Myke

Obviously an "eligible title."

Juggsnelson likes this.
  13. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Also cool was that some of the clearance titles are listed as "eligible" as well.

Myke likes this.
  14. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

Thanks to being a an exceptional father I was awarded...….

Breakfast in America SACD
    Volunteers 45 rpm
    Glass Houses 45 rpm
    Caravanserai (speakers corner) 33 rpm

$130/free ship

Now all I need to do is get someone to spring for a bottle of Crown Royal Black!!

AND...….

[​IMG]

TO ALL DADS OUT THERE!!

struttincool likes this.
  15. floyd

floyd Senior Member

How do you know what is eligible? Do you have to wait to checkout?
    I know some thing say “not eligible for further discounts” are there some that don’t say this that are still not eligible?

16. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

Yes. You can do it at the first step in check-out so you can know if something is eligible well before you have to put in any other information.

I just applied the DAD20 code to three Analog Spark titles I'm considering. That took a $140 order down to $112. Unless it is something I've spent months searching for, I have a hard and fast rule that I have to sleep on any order over $100. I'll do that here but this deal is a good one.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
    George P and floyd like this.
  17. George P

I have yet to find anything in that category.

I'm probably not alone in this, but I think it was crappy of them to take MFSL off their eligible list.

18. ggergm

I just went to Music Direct and as an experiment, added the MFSL press of James Gang Rides Again to the basket shown above. The site gave me 20% off. That title is in stock. I also tried one out of stock, the Allman Bros Live at Fillmore East, and got the same result. I don't know what's different for me but it is. I am signed in as a previous customer if that changes anything.

19. George P

You're right!

They must have changed their mind about excluding MFSL. Great news! Thanks!

ggergm likes this.
  20. ggergm

@George P, I think Music Direct's embargo over discounting MFSL titles comes and goes, as does a similar one against Analogue Productions releases on Acoustic Sounds. As an old retailer, I dislike it when buying something becomes a game but so it is with these two sellers. It just makes the hobby more interesting.

And you're welcome.

George P likes this.
  21. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

Yeah Wesley Harding and Nefertiti 2LP from Mofi become $32 after promo. Beach Boys Party LP from AP $24.

22. George P

I'm hoping acoustic sounds does some kind of sale as well. I have a lot more stuff on my wishlist over there.

23. Twinsfan007

Twinsfan007 Forum Resident

Only doing a 15% off sale...kinda bummed :/

24. George P

Good to know, thanks. At least it is 5% more than where it was.

Myke likes this.
  25. Myke

Both just had a 20% off Memorial Day sale that ended two weeks ago. Now one is having 20% off on selected items, and the other 15% off on selected items.
    You have to remember they are in business to make a profit ? Why didn't you grab what you wanted two weeks ago ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.