Pink Floyd - PULSE rereleased on vinyl - official

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mestreech, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

I know the original recording gives the blurb 'Analog Recording' but with Q sound present was this process incorporated in the digital realm?. Some are claiming the old vinyl is full analog. But I'm not so sure with it being mixed with Q.
    I'm just curious, not trying to pick a debate :laugh:

Leonthepro likes this.
  2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I ordered Pulse and The Who Live at the Fillmore East in March from SSD. I've sent 2 e-mails to their customer service address, one as recently as last week, and have not gotten a reply. I'm very discouraged. SSD has always been my number one mail order record dealer.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

3 months ?!?!? :faint:

black sheriff likes this.
  4. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

No it wasnt released until May...but that is still really long.

black sheriff and Myke like this.
  5. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

Yea with gilmour pompeii i also sent 2 messages with no reply. Seems they dont reply anymore.
    However this pulse set is taking even longer to get than pompeii. sigh

6. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Got a set coming from Amazon for $80.45 after $5.00 Prime Music credit applied and tax. Should have it Tuesday. June seems to be "box set" month. Thankfully I'm getting some great deals ordering from Amazon. I hope the Stones and Buffalo Springfield sets get to me at the low pre-ordered prices as well!

7. filson9

filson9 Well-Known Member

My box set just arrived. One thing I noticed that is different from the 95 version is that de booklet is a bit thinner. Probably the quality of the paper used.

8. filson9

filson9 Well-Known Member

Also, the box itself is reasonably thinner, and the discs seem a bit lighter. Think the original version was 200g instead of 180.

9. Bigdz68

Bigdz68 Forum Resident

They seem to take forever for email but andwer the phone rather quickly...fyi

10. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Take heart. My Pulse box finally arrived from SSD yesterday and I’m currently spinning it. They actually do eventually come through. Should be soon for you too. So far it seems to be well worth the wait. They did their usual nice packing job and got the set here without any damage.

It’s nicely pressed with very good sound quality. The only criticism so far from me is the lack of poly lined sleeves. This is not uncommon with sets like this but it drives me nuts. Why not take one more small step to insure delivery of vinyl as pristine as possible? Luckily, it seems no harm was done. This is one of the more impressive releases from this series IMO.

pinkrudy likes this.
  11. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Been reading through the thread tons of information but ultimately is this a big enough upgrade over the first issue cd set to spend $80 on ?

12. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

In regards to SSD pre-order. I ordered mine on 4/21/18, taking advantage of the 25% off. After waiting and waiting I emailed them, after a couple back and forth emails I requested that they upgrade my shipping from the normally free Media Mail to Priority... they agreed and upgraded my shipping. I received it the a few day and ago, they package very well, just take FOREVER with shipping.

sonofjim likes this.
  13. Dylan Terhune

Dylan Terhune Forum Resident

Amazon has it for $80. Ordered 6/7 and arrived today (Sunday no less) packaging was comparable to SSD. double boxed and sealed with extra cardboard.

14. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I’m happy with what they finally got shipped to me as well. I always liked their commitment to vinyl and the care in packing but heaven forbid I had a return issue with them now. I’m reading between the lines here but I’m guessing we won’t have SSD to kick around much longer.

15. vinylbeat

vinylbeat Forum Resident

Got mine from Amazon today. Arrived in perfect shape, but was not double boxed or any extra cardboard. The box set was placed inside a decent snug fitted mailer/box that had additional side flaps and was delivered by UPS. Sure hope my Stones box set arrives safely and in the same shape.

16. PsychedelicMike

PsychedelicMike Forum Resident

Ordered a month ago. Still waiting on SSD.

17. rynopinn

rynopinn Forum Resident

I preorderd the Simon & Garfunkel MSFL Ultra in Jan which still hasn't shipped. Of course SSD charges you immediately. I finally cancelled the order a few weeks ago. As always, it took 2 calls to get my refund. Once to cancel the order, then a week later to tell them I still had not been refunded. They of course immediately refund me the 2nd time. This has happend 2 different times wih them. I will never order from them again. I will stick with CC Music or Amazon. I hope your record ships soon.

18. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Just got my replacement set of Pulse (my previous copy had some pressings issues), and boy does it sound great! I already liked the CD and DVD and I appreciated the differences in song order/setlist and performances, but I'd argue that the sonic upgrade you get with this new vinyl set really sets it apart from the CD release too.

19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Q sound is built into the mix. Short of a remix, you can’t remove it.

But I think you’re overthinking things. I mean if Gilmour used some digital effects pedals - and thus his guitar at times wasn’t all analog - would that too mean the old vinyl wasn’t full analog?

20. Bruce Burgess

Bruce Burgess Senior Member

I got mine Tuesday from Amazon.ca. What a great sounding box set! Very quiet vinyl.

Myke likes this.
  21. Myke

I can't bring myself to put it in the big outer bag, and set it beside the other boxes yet. Just too good and too soon for that.
    Funny, first I bought the DVDs years ago, then the CDs, and now the vinyl.
    Pulse is just a great set.

superstar19, zinan and DBMartin like this.
  22. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

I hear you, just got my replacement set and those four heavenly beautiful records have been in almost constant rotation for the past 12 hours...

Myke likes this.
  23. razorball

razorball Forum Resident

Yah i ordered it on may 32th. Now it got delayed. Hope it wont be warped. Oh well. Should be there by august 28th. Sounds well.

24. Myke

A little part of me always feels guilty. Shouldn't I be missing Roger ? Yet, I don't. :shrug: Not bashing either, it's just the performances of all that participated in Pulse do such an outstanding job.

This is what came over me years ago, when the DVDs arrived. I kept playing them, over, and over, and over. :hugs:

DBMartin and superstar19 like this.
  25. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

I had similarly mixed feelings when I first watched the DVD, especially when Gilmour sang Waters' parts. But then I watched it so many times that I've now come to prefer Dave's lead vocals over Waters' on songs like Shine On and Brain Damage/Eclipse :hide:

walrus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.