Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

...and I neglected to mention that if you are someone that doesn't find themselves bothered by releases that some claim are too loud that these should be must pickups for you if you are a Peter Gabriel fan. Truly amazing sounding.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    latheofheaven likes this.
  2. Sci-Fi Kid

Sci-Fi Kid Forum Resident

Thank you, Leviathan! Didn't even realize they were 24/96 and had just thrown the cards on my "stack of things to download when I find the time".

Leviathan likes this.
  3. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

Neil Young - The Monsanto Years on vinyl at $14.70

lightbulb and latheofheaven like this.
  4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

5. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I got it delivered today by Amazon, but it's too darn hot to think about firing up the tube amp! Maybe after it cools down again.

GentleSenator and latheofheaven like this.
  6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

7. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

lightbulb likes this.
  8. Ernie D

Ernie D Forum Resident

9. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

black sheriff likes this.
  10. Richard Maryanski

Richard Maryanski Forum Resident

GentleSenator, struttincool and Tedw9 like this.
  11. Another CD deal exclusively for Prime members. The 5-CD Derek Trucks Band Original Album Classics box set for $12.08.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT116G9

Four original albums spanning 2003-2009 (including double live CD) packaged together for a great price: Soul Serenade (2003) Live At Georgia Theatre (2CD) (2004) Songlines (2006) Already Free (2009)

black sheriff and puffyrock2 like this.
  12. latheofheaven

SLOWDIVE: Souvlaki

According to Discogs, this pretty much has to be the recent MOV version.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058NXV4G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

This isn't exactly a KILLER deal, but at the moment, at least on my Prime account, there currently is a 'take an additional $4.xx off at checkout which did apply as I bought the album. With tax that brought the total to about $21.xx I am VERY partial to ShoeGaze when I feel it is done well, and this is an excellent example of it. Not quite as abstract and fuzzy as say My Bloody Valentine, and more mellow and 'Poppy'. It has a very nice Dreamy sound with complex layers and textures. This is what I personally prefer instead of the more empty, plain, and more 'bland' Psychedelic flavoured Pop that many like here along those lines. I find the album very moving and atmospheric, FWIW... :)

***EDIT

This is considered their best album. I just listened to their debut (the one before the one above) and also their new release. The songs on those albums struck me as a bit more bare and simplistic than the ones on this album which I felt had a lot more layers (critical to the ShoeGaze sound) and to me more of a sense of mood and depth...

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  13. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

@latheofheaven That's great album from Slowdive. I've got the MOV-pressing (from 2011) of Souvlaki and Im completely satisfied how it sounds. It's great and I recommend it.
    Details of MOV-pressing on discogs: Slowdive - Souvlaki

14. latheofheaven

Awesome, thanks SJ!

15. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

16. The Smiths' "The Queen Is Dead" deluxe 3 CD/1 DVD box set is $20 after Amazon's coupon.

https://www.amazon.com/Queen-Dead-3CD-1DVD/dp/B073ZBHG1R

Featuring the 2017 master of the album; additional recordings featuring demos, b-sides and alternative versions; the ‘Live In Boston’ album recorded at the Great Woods Center For The Performing Arts on 5th August 1986; and a DVD featuring the 2017 master of album in 96kHz / 24-bit PCM stereo and ‘The Queen Is Dead – A Film By Derek Jarman’.

17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

I don't love or hate the remaster but the live show on this is GREAT.

18. psulioninks

psulioninks Forum Resident

Thanks, grabbed me one!

19. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Just as an FYI, that is a one time use coupon that is good for 20% off any item, up to $20 off. This is a good deal, still, but the coupon may be more useful on a pricier item, for some folks. Though I don't know which items it is and isn't usable on.

black sheriff and latheofheaven like this.
  20. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Keystone Companions: The Complete Fantasy Recordings Of Merl Saunders [6 LP]
    ~ Jerry Garcia $74.48

Link: http://a.co/eigHjKo

I missed it last time but not this time!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    black sheriff, B-Mike and superstar19 like this.
  21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

what is this coupon you speak of?

latheofheaven and fluffskul like this.
  22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Look under the article price, and you will see a coupon. You check the box to take advantage of it.

23. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Thanks. Is there a list of items that you can apply the coupon to? I see the coupon on The Smiths item linked above but I could not find other items that had this coupon notice attached.

24. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

The word details appears to the right of the coupon, I just clicked on that, and it took me to a coupons section, along with details.