Parasound Halo HINT 6, new integrated, replacing HINT

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TerpStation, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAFWarrior

WAFWarrior Well-Known Member

That is correct. If you purchase a Parasound product from an authorized dealer you are the original owner and you alone have a warranty with the product. If you sell it on Craigslist, ebay, audiogon etc. the warranty does not transfer.

Catcher10 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  2. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Thanks. Like the username you chose, by the way. :)

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Catcher10 and WAFWarrior like this.
  3. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

There’s an Original on audio advisor for 2194.00. ;)

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  4. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

There's one for sale on this forum too... same price.

5. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

The authorized dealer is not the final owner, they will sell it to you or me, the final owner. If then you or me sell it to someone else, then the warranty is void. The dealer is just the middle man since you can't buy from Parasound direct.

I also think if you buy a B stock, it carries the same 5yr warranty since Parasound checked it all out and made sure it is up to original spec...Which is a great benefit.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  6. WAFWarrior

WAFWarrior Well-Known Member

B stock carries the same warranty as a brand new " A stock" sale. We check all B stock at our headquarters before it is sold to our 2 Authorized B stock sellers.

Chris
    Parasound Products Inc.
    415-397-7100

7. DyersEve726

DyersEve726 Schmo Diggy

I just picked up a display unit Hint-O from my local dealer for $2100 out the door. This is my first audiophile grade integrated and my mind is just blown. Drives my KEF R500's with clarity and authority and the subwoofer integration/crossover network is excellent. I wasn't using my dual SVS subs for music because they sounded horrible in my old setup. They blend and match perfectly now. It's only ten more watts than my previous amp, but apparently, not all watts are created equal, haha. I can't turn it up much past nine o'clock on the dial before it's uncomfortably loud. Dynamics are HUGE. Whisper quiet to slamming hard in an instant.

I'm a big fan :)

8. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

I sold everything I owned and purchased all Parasound HALO everything, it's just the best anywhere near it's price range and far above. I had Jeff Rowland equipment and sold it after 15 years and bought HALO, and have never looked back, with the HALO
    Hint 0 Integrated amplifier, A-21 power amplifier, JC 2 BP Pre-amp, and the JC 3+, they are all first class, love the brand and their impeccable service! :edthumbs:

9. Lebowski

What amp are you replacing?

10. DyersEve726

DyersEve726 Schmo Diggy

I was using an Emotiva UMC-200 pre-pro (was using the internal DAC) into an Outlaw 750 five channel amp. I got some pretty decent sounds out of the setup, but only with some pretty heavy room correction. Direct mode sounded like garbage. Completely un-listenable. The Hint sounds awesome with no EQ, so my room isn't as bad as I thought :) Huge upgrade between DAC, preamp, and power amp.

MikeJedi, Kristofa and Lebowski like this.
  11. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Buy how you want, but there is a OHINT, a HINTO on audition for $1500. If there's a better value out there for that price, I'd love to hear it.

Kristofa likes this.
  12. punkmusick

punkmusick Amateur drummer

OK, we need to organize this thread.
    OHINT or HINTO ?

MikeJedi likes this.
  13. Lebowski

Haha. I vote for HINTO.

14. Lebowski

What’s audition? When I google it I get Adobe’s software or acting websites.

Edit: figured it out. You meant Audiogon. Autocorrect FTW.

15. punkmusick

OHINT
    1 x 1

16. Bananas&blow

Bananas&blow It's just that demon life has got me in its sway

Stupid auto correct. Audiogon

17. DyersEve726

DyersEve726 Schmo Diggy

I vote HINTO also. OHINT doesn't really roll off the tongue. .

Kristofa likes this.
  18. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

HINTO gets my vote.

19. punkmusick

OK, HINTO wins.

Do you leave your HINTO in stand by mode all times when not playing? Is it enough to warm the amp for better performance? Sometimes I turn it on to warm it when I know I'll be listening to some music later. Does that make sense? Does it need to be warmed a bit?

20. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

No, it does not. It is designed to keep "warm" what is needed to be kept warm in the OFF position, if you wish to have the unit completely OFF, you will need to flip the switch on the back of the amp, which will kill all power to all components. When you turn the integrated off on the front, it places it in a standby mode, as I said, keeping warm what the designers want to keep warm. If you are talking about turning the back switch off, you probably would benefit from flipping that switch and leaving it in the standby mode for a short time, but personally, I have never turned it "completely off" using that back switch. My other Parasound components, the A-21, and the JC 2 BP have similar warm up circuits with complete power turn off on the backs of each of them. Hope this is helpful.:righton:

punkmusick likes this.
  21. punkmusick

I always leave it in stand by mode, back switch on. I intended to ask if this is enough to keep it warm or if I should turn it on in the front switch some time before listening to warm it. But you answered my question, stand by keeps it warm enough.

22. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

My Parasound IMO always sounds better when it is on for a bit .. same thing with both my Oppo’s but not quite as pronounced as the Para ;)

punkmusick likes this.
  23. Catcher10

Hey now, I want to vote!.......On page 1, I came up with OHINT = Original Halo Integrated.
    HINTO = Halo Integrated Original, sounds like Yoda talk LOL

I vote OHINT

Slimwhit33, Kristofa and punkmusick like this.
  24. Catcher10

I only turn the back switch to off when I leave for vacation.....Other than that just turn off and on with front switch.

punkmusick likes this.
  25. DyersEve726

DyersEve726 Schmo Diggy

Not if it's like Halo Integrated - Original

Just gotta pause a second, then you don't sound like Yoda, lol.

Kristofa, Catcher10 and punkmusick like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.