New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

That really means the world to me thank you!

2. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

My daughter just sent me a text saying "one of your dumb records has come in with the mail today". If I didn't know he she really felt before...:p

izgoblin, ellingtonic, Terry and 4 others like this.
  3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

So can you call them and get them to list so I can order!!! Please!!! Pretty Please!!! ok? Thanks. :)

IR Shane likes this.
  4. You can always send your concerns to [email protected]. It's supposed to be an email address for CEO Jeff Bezos where he takes complaints and other concerns. I'm not sure it will get anything done but you never know.

IR Shane likes this.
  5. MikeT

Nevermind!! As of this morning it (Gene Clark SACD) was available to order on Amazon - so I did just that. Delivery Sunday!!

IR Shane and George P like this.
  6. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Amazon is nuts with these releases. I had pre-ordered it. This morning I got a message that they needed more time to estimate delivery so I went online to approve it only to find that it was in stock. But my order was in limbo. I approved it, but decided in the end to just cancel it and place a new order which says it will deliver Sunday.

IR Shane likes this.
  7. MikeT

I think the problem with pre-ordering Intervention releases at Amazon, is that they setup a "dummy" placeholder item which may or may not be attached to Intervention as a third-party seller ahead of receiving stock. When stock comes in and is linked to Intervention as a 3rd party seller, they either create a new item listing or update the old item listing to the new "in stock" 3rd party information with new price, etc. (this is all assumption on my part based on experience with Intervention product on Amazon) - and previous orders may get de-linked from the original sale - so the pre-order may go into limbo or be cancelled.

I have learned never to pre-order Intervention product on Amazon, and merely wait for in-stock indication and then order. When I do this it works fine and I get delivery in 2 days free with Prime.

PhantomStranger and IR Shane like this.
  8. Cornfed Hick

Cornfed Hick Forum Resident

That makes sense, because I had a similar experience with Don't Say No. You do save a few bucks by ordering from Amazon, but I think my next Intervention purchase will be direct from Shane. (He has made it clear that's better for him too.)

Unfortunately I'm not into many of these releases. More hard rock please! :righton: Audio Fidelity folding before it could release the announced Lovedrive Sacd was a real bummer...just sayin'...

HanowarHAIL and IR Shane like this.
  9. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

Reach out to them, they did the same thing to me. They got back to me within 20 minutes, apologized, told me to cancel the existing order, place a new one with the fastest shipping option and they reimbursed me the $7.95 for next day air.

IR Shane likes this.
  10. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks for the heads-up, Mike! Just ordered mine, will be here Monday!

11. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

Hey @irshane... a little OCD nit-picky kinda thing... the spine on the Billy Squier SACD is “upside-down”. I tried to load a picture but can’t figure that part out. Seriously glad to have the disc but... well... I’m OCD in that way... carry on with your bad ass self and get me some Matthew Sweet SACDs stat!

12. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I finally got to take a listen to "100% Fun", and it's (yet) another home run from Intervention! In looking at the run times on the first LP, I was just curious, @IR Shane : did you give any consideration to cutting the 3 sides of the album proper at 45 rpm, and putting the bonus tracks on a single side at 33 rpm? Or maybe it was a licensing issue...

IR Shane likes this.
  13. MikeT

My copy of 100% Fun arrived today from Amazon, and there was a large scratch across most of side one which caused a loud ticking sound the whole side, with the exception of the first song. Return going back to Amazon, and I placed an order for another one right away.

:( First time in a long time I got a really "defective" record. :cry:

Not sure why Amazon didn't offer an exchange - is it because this is a third party seller item and only fulfilled by Amazon?

14. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Same thing happened with the new Gene Clark SACD. The spine lettering is "upside-down" compared to how it's usually oriented on my discs' spines. I figured out a workaround, though: I'm gonna store it flipped around. So for me, it's a really minor thing, but still worthy of improving as a way to move a micro-step closer to perfection. :)

I just received it this morning, and I'm currently listening to this SACD for the first time. I've never heard this album before, so I don't have any frame of reference for comparison. But it sounds good to me.

Craig.

George P likes this.
  15. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Here's a photo for you. I grabbed a random assortment of discs I've listened to recently, for comparison. Thus, I rate the packaging as "9.9 out of 10." @IR Shane now you know what to do to achieve packaging perfection. :D (I'm having a bit of fun, here, but it's a legit criticism and should be easy enough to fix with future SACD releases?)

[​IMG]

Craig.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  16. art

art Senior Member

Dear god. People are complaining about the direction of spine lettering? I'm glad I don't run a little, barely profitable reissue label.

17. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Hehe, yeah it's funny, isn't it?

A moment ago I was putting away a rare David Byrne CD I recently got off eBay (In Spite Of Wishing And Wanting, LUAKA BOP 02), and I noticed that the spine lettering suffers from the same "upside down problem." So it's not unique to IR. It happens sometimes. Doesn't bother me; I just flip the case when I put it away.

I haven't noticed that upside down lettering affects the sound quality, but I will remain vigilant! :biglaugh:

Craig.

18. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Amazon NEVER offers a replacement for a 3rd party sale (even if fulfilled by Amazon).

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  19. MikeT

I assumed that was the issue - regardless the item is already on it's way back to Amazon as the UPS store near me is about a mile or so from my home. Here's to hoping the replacement copy that is going to be delivered on Monday is clean. I'm sure it will be as I buy a lot of vinyl, and can endure small imperfections, but when the "tick", "tick", "tick" occurred throughout the entire side 1 (with the exception of the first song), I didn't even listen to the rest and packed it up and returned it.

The funny thing was the scratch looked superficial, yet made a significantly loud ticking noise - go figure.

20. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

OMG the Gene Clark is the same orientation as the Squier. Too late to cancel the order. :(

edit- actually I want to thank IRShane for issuing some fantastic titles. Put the lettering in wingding font if you want.

IR Shane, art and ad180 like this.
  21. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

22. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Which is why I buy direct from Intervention .

IR Shane likes this.
  23. This. Make em’ all single layer for all I care. Redbook is a complete waste vs DSD/SACD.

Say It Right, sjaca and art like this.
  24. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Completely disagree. I like to make compilation CD's for the car, so I use the redbook layer for that and very much appreciate it.

yardbuzzard, sennj, MartinR and 3 others like this.
  25. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

You're not forced to listen to the redbook layer. Those of us that don't own or care to own a SACD player, or who want to rip the audio to their computer, benefit greatly from a redbook layer, and unless I'm mistaken, it isn't an absurd cost to have both layers. Better for everyone.