New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

My Gene Clark SACD came from Elusive Disc with a cracked case. Any ideas for the best place to get a replacement?

2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Please return to the retailer.

3. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

In my little view of the world, Intervention Records is the most exciting audiophile reissue label in the world right now. Dutton-Vocalion is not far behind, but each of IR's releases have "event" status because of the attention to getting the mastering right, with close collaboration among engineer, Shane, and (sometimes) the artist themselves, as well the detailed attention to the packaging, particularly of the vinyl.

Clonesteak, sonofjim, Geee! and 6 others like this.
  4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANKS so much!!

5. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I agree on Intervention and DV however APO and Mofi are in the same league for me with regards to reissues with fine sound. All four are putting out some stuff I want to listen to. My wallet is supporting all four. :)

art, IR Shane, Craig and 1 other person like this.
  6. You said it all!

IR Shane likes this.
  7. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Agreed... a nice selection of great artists. I will not buy everything, but IR can't please me everytime... I recently ordered Gene Clark and Matthew Sweet.

IR Shane likes this.
  8. ggjjr

ggjjr Forum Resident

Listening to Squier, now. Great, great album, and fantastic sound. Thanks Shane.

9. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Yes. You can reorder from the 3rd party seller if they have it in stock at a favorable price. But Amazon won't do a middleman exchange.

Shvartze Shabbos likes this.
  10. Received the first title of the Sweet LP subscription mid-Saturday, "100% Fun", listened once last night and also listening right now. Admittedly of the Sweet titles this one and "Son of Altered Beast" are the two that I am least familiar with. Great sound quality and well pressed too. Like someone said before - it's the same story with each IR title. (In a good way.) Very excited for "Altered Beast" and "Girlfriend"!

googlymoogly and IR Shane like this.
  11. Also kinda cool - "100% Fun" was recorded about 15 miles up the road from my home. Matthew's management at the time was even closer, haha. Always neat to see little details like that in the credits.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I am very excited to introduce you all to vinylreviews.com, an amazing new website I created with a great team of people that's dedicated to vinyl reviews, music and analog culture. Visit the site and be sure to bookmark it! We add new vinyl reviews every weekday and regularly post vinyl news, industry videos, deals on reviewed titles, and upcoming releases. I am starting a new thread for this project since it is not an Intervention Records endeavor. Here is a link to the new vinylreviews.com thread:

Introducing VinylReviews.com ...

sennj, Cornfed Hick, snkcube and 3 others like this.
  13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Glad it arrived safely!

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  14. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I don't own a single release from Intervention, but based on this thread alone, this is one of my favorite labels. I'm glad to see a label so focused on quality, but what pushes this over the edge for me is the owner's dedication to (and enthusiasm for!) the music, and the willingness to interact directly with the fans - let's be real, most of us are insane! :p

I will definitely be buying any Church product that comes through this label - even if it's single-layer SACD and I have no way of playing or ripping it. This is a label I want to support any way I can! :righton:

(Although I might cry if you manage to do El Momento Descuidado and I can't actually listen to it!!)

15. Rigoberto

Rigoberto Forum Resident

Send it back to them in the same jiffy bag it came in. I've never received anything in a jiffy bag from Acoustic Sounds. Just call in your order to get media mail shipping for around $3, and it will come in a sturdy box with bubble wrap inside too.

16. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Any chance of Cowboy’s 5’ll Getcha 10?

Dai and wayneklein like this.
  17. Anyone that has already purchased over 300 CDs this year cannot be all that sensible.:winkgrin:

18. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Loving the Gene Clark release as well as the Burrito Brothers!

I know that we're getting Burrito Deluxe in the not-too-distant future but is there any chance on some additional Gene Clark releases as well?

IR Shane and art like this.
  19. AlmanacZinger

AlmanacZinger Zingin'

I'd call stocking up before the Great Physical Format Purge, when everyone else will be stuck with whatever their streaming providers allow, absolutely sensible. (I'm near the same number so far in 2018...) :thumbsup:

PhantomStranger, ggjjr and IR Shane like this.
  20. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I really thought the extra tracks sounded great. I’m not sure how much of that is the 45 rpm treatment vs. the mastering. Honestly, it’s been a busy month. I’ve had deliveries from AP, MoFi, Speakers Corner, Run Out Grove, Rhino and the Stones box. These are all great labels but rarely do they nail the whole package.

In pretty much every aspect, it’s refreshing to unpack an Intervention release. Physically and sonically it all exceeds expectations every time. Just keep being predictable in this way, it’s working well IMO.

googlymoogly and IR Shane like this.
  21. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

I agree. However, pick up an APO or MoFi release and set it next to any Intervention title. All the records sound great but the Intervention release also has “curb appeal”. It looks and feels as good as it sounds. You get this occasionally from other labels (Rhino’s Electric Warrior comes close). You’ll get it from Intervention every time, so far anyway.

22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I know I'm biased as hell, but I LOVE the curb appeal analogy! I take the art very very seriously and knowing folks appreciate it means a lot!

23. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Sweet - Desolation Boulevard (U.S. Version) would be such a great LP/SACD from Intervention!!! If it's at all possible to license. :cool:

24. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

Agreed 100% on all points.

Shane, please please please see if you can do El Momento Descuidado (and El Momento Siguente too!).

IR Shane and Echo like this.
  25. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I always liked the extra tracks that ended up on the bonus disc - really, they could have made a good double album with songs of that overall caliber lying around.

IR Shane likes this.