Juke Box Heroes Tour (Foreigner/Whitesnake/Jason Bonham)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by FrixFrixFrix, Jul 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Anyone been to one of these shows? Planning to go to one of the remaining dates?

I'll be at the Denver show in a few weeks. I'm mainly going for JBLZE. Been waiting years to see Jimmy Sakurai and what better way than with Jason Bonham? I just wish they weren't limited to a short opening set.

longdist01 likes this.
  2. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Foreigner do a very tight show. Unfortunately they're worse than Chicago in the "same damn setlist every year" stakes.

FrixFrixFrix likes this.
  3. FrixFrixFrix

I'm ok with that, since I doubt I'll feel the need to see them more than once. Ditto the Scorpions show I won tickets to last year. Really fun to hear all those songs live, but not worth a repeat visit.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  4. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

Going to see this in Chicago next week. I don’t care one lick about Foreigner, will probably stick around for a couple songs at the most. Mostly going for Whitesnake. The Bonham thing might be cool too.

longdist01 likes this.
  5. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I didn't know Bonham had Jimmy Sakurai in his band now. That guy's great.

FrixFrixFrix and longdist01 like this.
  6. FrixFrixFrix

James Dylan on vocals too

7. graveyardboots

graveyardboots Resident Patient

I attended the Atlanta show last weekend with a buddy of mine. We were there mainly for Whitesnake but the entire show was fun. At this point, I've lost count of the number of different Zeppelin tribute acts I've seen over the years but JBLZE was definitely one of the better ones. I last caught Whitesnake three years ago on The Purple Tour. The current setlist, while shorter because they're in an opening slot, is very similar to their set from a few years ago except for the Deep Purple tunes - there are none of them in their current set. In fact, the whole set was culled from only two albums - Slide It In and the self-titled '87 album. Last time I caught Foriegner was in 2010 on the United in Rock Tour with Styx and Kansas. To bRETT's point, Foreigner's set this weekend was identical to their set from eight years ago except they swapped out two songs from their (at the time) new album in favor of two more classic hits for their Juke Box Heroes Tour.

FrixFrixFrix likes this.
  8. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

Foreigner put on a great show with a singer that I expect did Lou better than Lou could have today.

Enjoyed what I caught of Jason's cover band.

Whitesnake set was basically - let's find somewhere quiet enough to talk until these guys stop playing uninspired derivative music that doesn't have many hooks.

9. Chemically altered

Chemically altered Forum Resident

Is Lou Graham back in Foreigner or is it still that other guy singing?

10. Emma Entero

Emma Entero Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.