Paul McCartney's "Freshen Up" Tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Jul 3, 2018.

1. trickster

trickster Well-Known Member

Bought Hot Ticket Package - Liverpool

Oyster Boy likes this.
  2. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

Same here, wanted Liverpool.

3. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Woke up at 5 AM (my local time), logged in, no tickets on the floor for Liverpool, kept trying, after a few times a ticket came up. I didn't even think too much about it, as there was a 2-minute clock running backwards before the ticket would be released. It says "BL D", does that mean Block D?

https://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk5/11774s.gif

After that, tried for Glasgow and got a floor seat! Beyond excited that perhaps I will finally hear Paul singing Mull Of Kintyre!

There was no "box office collection" option for either concert, so I had to pay for Secure Courier delivery. Hopefully they will be delivered before my departure, otherwise I will have to ask them to print it again at the box office. Would Ticketmaster do that?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  4. Oyster Boy

Glad you got sorted:)

5th-beatle likes this.
  5. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Same. Occurred to me last night that my father is on O2, but couldn’t find two seats together anywhere other than the back nosebleeds, and I’d rather chance the general sale to get on the floor.

Not a fan at all of this lottery ‘verified fan’ system, which ironically was essentially open to anyone who signed up in time, fan or no.

Would be gutted to miss out on this, travel to Liverpool seems unfeasible and Glasgow is way out. Can only hope for good luck on Monday, or an additional date added.

6. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

It's only a few hours by car for you: M4 - Heads Of The Valleys - M50 - M5 - M6 - M62. There are also plenty of train options from Cardiff. Far from insurmountable!

7. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

There’s no “extremely high demand” for these shows, this is a whipped up marketing tool. I went to the Echo Arena gig in 2015 and couldn’t get rid of my spare floor tickets for more than 50 quid each.

This “verified fan” nonsense is anti-fan and just a way of sabotaging the ticket process even more. I'm getting a bit sad McCartney doesn't take measures in own hands. He surely personally is oblivious to it, but "it's not in our hands" talk is no longer a valid excuse. The biggest touring acts in the UK who truly got extreme demand (Arctic Monkeys, Ed Sheeran, and other smaller acts) manage to completely wade out ticket touts by simple measures, and their managers are active in trying to get Viagogo and the likes banned.

8. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

I'm apparently on the waiting list for Glasgow.

So there are presale tickets available now for Verified Fans, American Express cardholders and SSE energy customers.

Wonder what will be left on Monday when general ticket holders can finally get access?

I saw the last Glasgow show at Hampden from row 12 dead centre and had wanted to experience it again but this time bring my 10 year old to his first show but I wont spend a fortune for the nosebleeds in the Hydro. It's too far from the stage to be enjoyable.....

Oyster Boy and long gone john like this.
  9. long gone john

long gone john Forum Resident

No luck getting a Glasgow code/ticket here, either. The whole pre-sale thing, as pointed out above, is a complete nonsense and doesn’t help real fans one bit. When ‘verified fans’ are selling their tickets on resale sites for 3-4 times their face value within a couple of hours of the pre-sale, something’s very wrong. All it’s doing is drumming up an artificial panic for the fans without the codes and driving up the touts’ prices.

10. cs2003

cs2003 Forum Resident

It's puzzling, Kyle Minogue is doing 3 shows at the O2 surely Paul McCartney can fill it more than that ?

11. Oyster Boy

Well said.

5th-beatle and long gone john like this.
  12. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Highlighting this bit in case @theMess missed it.

theMess likes this.
  13. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Why? Budget?

You can get in any massive gig like that, if you just have patience and aren't falling for the earlier mentioned "artificial panic" (great term) they try to create.

14. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

No, not budget. Last time the site crashed when I tried to purchase a ticket and I didnt live in London so I couldn’t risk training up and trying my luck. This time I am going; my parents are trying to do the 02 pre-sale for me.

15. mrjinks

Agreed. Since he's one of our more avid fans here, and since he's never seen Paul, I just hope he gets to a UK show this year. I look forward to reading his review.
    Yes, you are going. Even if we have to kidnap you and drag you unconscious to your seat, and then break out the smelling salts. You are going.

16. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Hahahhaa! :D

Perian and mrjinks like this.
  17. moople72

moople72 Forum Resident

Freshen Up? Egypt Station?
    Lennon would probably react to both titles the way he did to A World Without Love.
    But I like Paul and I'm pulling for a successful tour and album.

DrBeatle and Hep Alien like this.
  18. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

England winning the World Cup and seeing Paul McCartney live in concert in one year ? :agree::winkgrin:

19. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

No verified fan code here either. I’d already decided to skip December even if I did get a code, due to costs and a less than ideal audience for Roger Waters at the Echo last week. (That and I’ve seen Paul 5 times already, wife 3 and son once). However one does have to wonder how one qualifies for the entirely misnamed ‘Verified Fan’ pre-sale, when a good number of those pre-sales to ‘verified fans’ are already on the usual secondary sale sites. I’m thinking a proven history of buying tickets in bulk and reselling on TM owned and approved resale sites was the main criterion.

Congrats to those who have managed to get tickets to their venue of choice, and fingers crossed for those of you who are going to try for the general sales on Monday.

20. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Ah, yes, I see. Nah, don't worry. But it was still smart you decided against it for that particular event, if you didn't buy a spare beforehand: for some reason the O2 Arena is allowed to confiscate any ticket buying sold in front of the venue, face value or not. I saw it happen myself when Arctic Monkeys played there twice in 2011.

theMess likes this.
  21. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney

I’m crossing my fingers on both counts for you Ben. I didn’t realize you never saw Paul live!

:edthumbs: :righton: :edthumbs: :righton:

susyredstripe, Perian and theMess like this.
  22. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

coffeetime, Perian and Oyster Boy like this.
  23. mrjinks

How on earth do they distinguish a "sale" vs. someone paying for tickets that someone else bought? Say you bought a pair for me because I couldn't get them online and I pay you back in front of the stadium...?

theMess likes this.
  24. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

That was exactly my thought. It all happened quickly, a bit of complaining, but tickets were handed over. (I would've never handed them over, fight me :laugh:.)

Oyster Boy, mrjinks and theMess like this.
  25. Oyster Boy

I'll keep mine crossed too:)

theMess likes this.