New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Wow! Fan Euphoria? We might pass out with happiness when we hear this thing!

This thing better be great Sean! :D

2. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

theMess, Zeki and Bemagnus like this.
  3. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

It s goin to be fuhing euphoric.
    Time square will be filled with people carrying Egypt Station signs and singing People want peace hand ib hand. The same phenomen will happen all over the world
    :)

Dr. Pepper, Yorick, theMess and 5 others like this.
  4. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

Now if it’s anything less than stranded-on-a-desert-island-but-you-only-get-to-take-one-record-with-you quality I’m going to be disappointed. :disgust:

;)

5. Glenn Christense

I say, if the album is anything less than euphoric we demand that Sean reimburse us for any and all Egyptian Station purchases we make, leading us on like he has . :D

I think that's only fair, given his as yet unproven assessment of the album.;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  6. Mr. Explorer

Mr. Explorer Trumpet Man/Dapper Dan

Upon hearing Sean’s declaration I myself have pre-ordered an additional 7 different copies of the album to prepare myself for maximum Euphoria

Paul H, theMess, planckera and 3 others like this.
  7. Monasmee

Monasmee Forum Ruminant

On that note Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey wasn't released as a hit single until a good three months after Ram came out.

Imagine the surprise hearing it from the album for the very first time without any advanced notice.

Saving the best for last indeed. :)

8. Glenn Christense

Good for you. :p
    Just keep your receipts so you can forward them on to Sean, if the album is anything less than the greatest album released in the history of mankind.

I value Sean's opinion so I'll expect nothing less than that "greatest album", or he will hear from my lawyers, for my pain and suffering due to his misleading statements. :p

Dr. Pepper, theMess, Bemagnus and 3 others like this.
  9. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

It was kind of him to offer all those who’ve liked his posts in the past a complimentary copy of the deluxe set (when released)! I hadn’t actually liked any of his posts all these years, but I went back and found one of the less objectionable ones and grimaced while pushing the button, just to get in on the deal...

10. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

That's just Paul the P.R. man. If he was releasing Wild Life in a month and "Bip Bop" was the lead single, and a fan asked what his favorite song on the album was, guess what he'd say? :agree:
    Hey now! I wasn't predicting fan euphoria -- or any particular quality level of the album -- rather, I was saying that Paul is trying to maximize "critical and fan euphoria" by keeping the best songs on the album under wraps until September 7th. So you see, I didn't quantify how good the album would be, or how euphoric our reaction would be -- call those unknowns "x" and "y" -- just that Paul wants our perception of "x" and reaction of "y" to be as great as possible.

11. Sean Murdock

I don't like the turn this thread has taken ... :laugh: ... consider this my "Cease and Desist" letter! Purchase Egypt Station at your own risk! I disavow all these claims of incredibleness being attributed to me!

12. planckera

planckera I Hate Hate

"And now it's all this."

;)

13. stingraex2000

stingraex2000 Forum Resident

Lucky you, I only have a Targetto near me, too far to drive to the Targae in the nice neighborhood!

14. Sean Murdock

Indeed. :hide:

theMess and planckera like this.
  15. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I love their first album

theMess and Kundera the joke. like this.
  16. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

I am standing just to the left of the camera there.

17. scoostraw

scoostraw Forum President

um...

18. Bemagnus

Bemagnus Music is fun

I stick to my original opnion.
    Egypt Station is the best McCartney album I hav not heard.
    I now realise@ Sean Murdoch feel the same. It s real euphoria.
    :)

19. If I remember correctly, McCartney had announced that Big Boys Bickering would appear on Off The Ground. I think some negative reactions to its lyrics led to it being relegated to a B-side. But yeah, I remember seeing it on TV and reading a blurb about it in Rolling Stone before Off The Ground was released.

Speaking of that, I thought leading off the album’s single releases with Hope of Deliverance was a bit unconventional, yet daring. Its Latin percussion was unlike anything on the pop or rock airwaves at the time. Still think it’s a really great track.

20. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I completely agree; I have always felt that 'Hope Of Deliverance' had the ingratiating melody and universal lyrics of a Beatles single quality song, and can imagine them releasing that song had they reunited through the years. It was a deserved hit around many parts of the world, and it's just a shame that in the US it didn't perform better. Bringing this back on topic, I will be very happy if 'Back In Brazil' is anywhere near as good as 'Hope Of Deliverance'!

jricc, Mr. Explorer, Calico and 2 others like this.
  21. I remember hearing Hope of Deliverance on the radio for the first time when I was at a restaurant—I knew that it was coming out but I didn’t know exactly when—and then immediately buying the Hope of Deliverance Maxi Single (which was great, too). I don’t remember how much later the album was released but the Maxi Single, with its weird cardboard flip cover over a plastic frame, tied me over for a while.

22. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Shout out to "Sweet Sweet Memories" because it's the best of those b-sides, and no one's mentioned it !

23. beatbro

beatbro Forum Resident

I Owe It All to You

Last night you helped me through,
    Took me to the lovers zone.
    I saw there, images
    Projected on a wall of stone.
    I stood inside Egyptian temples,
    I looked into eternal gardens,
    Lay on the shores of distant islands,
    Listening to the sea birds song of joy.
    Oh, I owe it all to you,
    You make me happy,
    Oh, I owe it all to you.
    Late last night, we were right
    Into some exotic scene.
    Everywhere, images
    Appearing on a giant screen.
    I stood inside a glass cathedral,
    I looked into the golden canyon,
    Lay by the lakes of holy water
    Glistening like a diamond in the light.
    Oh, I owe it all to you,
    You make me happy,
    Oh, I owe it all to you.

24. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I was very pleased when Paul performed it in Orlando in 2013; I wondered if he risked playing that song there because of the large Hispanic contingent who live in that city and the state of Florida ? It went down well enough and he should perform it more often, not just in South America.

25. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan

Ah.. yes. Thanks for the great trip down memory lane... I remember hearing these and thinking "this album must be great if these are the tracks they put on the B-sides...." :winkgrin:

theMess, Mr. Explorer and Bemagnus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.