oldies.com flash LP sale

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by aoxomoxoa, Aug 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Okay, so some of you might have skipped items. Some items (like Doors, Mono SD) went oos and they only charge for what shipped.

It's 2w and if orders can't be refilled for missing stock, they close out the order. You don't get charged for the unshipped stuff.

This was the kind of thing you order, hope you get most of it, whatever comes through is grace.

2. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

So you don't find out what they shipped you until you actually get the box and open it up?

How hard is it to just tell you what's in the box when they ship the order? Geeeeeeez.

3. Sckott

Yeah they don't.

At least for me, what got shipped meant something than "just another bargain".
    I have no problem with that, since the prices WERE insane. Whatever sticks to the wall.
    It was a mad sale, is all.

4. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

:laugh: so my "100% filled!!!!!!!11" order might not actually be complete? cool.

5. bokko

bokko Member

Thanks

6. hutlock

I'm pulling for you, man!!!

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. Charlie DJ

Charlie DJ Forum Resident

I guess it's kinda like Christmas. Don't know what you're gonna get til you open the box. I can hardly wait

8. Sckott

Check the receipt. Look for the 0's and what they charged you, etc.

9. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Ordered 26Aug. Shipment arrived yesterday, 5Sep. Even with Labor Day, this was a shipment from PA to North Carolina. Bad show.

My order - 3 CDs and 2 LPs (one of which was a double LP) - arrived in a standard LP box (generic, not ULine, etc.). **NO** bubblewrap, nothing inside except the merch, an invoice and a catalog.

Bumped corners (one on each of the LPs). Dinged edge on the vinyl of one disc of the double LP.

Two of the CDs (both on the Collectable label) are CD-Rs. If I had bought them on eBay, I would've believed that I was sold counterfeit.

The double LP was advertised as being 45 rpm. Nope, sounded like a chipmunk at 45 rpm. Played fine at 33 1/3. Emailed the company this morning. Got a quick reply, which said to call an 800 number.

On my phone call, I was told that a shipping label would be mailed to me for return of the incorrectly advertised title. No apology, either.

While I was on the call, I mentioned the CD-Rs. Yeah, that's what oldies.com does these days. No shame evidenced by the employee I was talking to.

Glad I did a PayPal transaction. I'm certainly starting to wonder if I will need PayPal's help before this bad, bad experience is resolved.

10. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

ouch. does anyone here have continued experience with oldies outside of this flash sale? i know they've been around for a long time... surely there must be regular shoppers, right?

11. rararabbits

rararabbits Forum Resident

My last order was the first time they sent me CDRs (Collectables label only); they were unapologetic about it, too. They refunded me, but it wasn’t instant. I wouldn’t buy Collectables items from them again...in fact, I probably wouldn’t buy from them at all. I wonder if penny-pinching by using CDRs ultimately loses them money by pissing off regular customers.

chazz101s likes this.
  12. hutlock

This is my first order with them. I decided to roll the dice based on the awesome prices but I was definitely warned about them.

13. Sckott

Small labels are making and sending CDRs. Not the first time I've heard Collectibles doing that.

Both items not shipped are back in stock, but no notice if they'll ship 'em.
    Weird experience, but this was cheap as hell.

14. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Got all my records with no damage shipped in a box and they were triple bubble wrapped so not the best shipping but everything was safe n sound

Wish they wouldn’t put a handful, of junk mail in there like they all do now

15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky Thread Starter

So my order arrived but one LP was missing. The shipping slip said I have a credit towards my next order instead of a refund!
    I sent them an email. Ugh!

16. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

Mercy, maybe you got some of the bubblewrap that was missing from my shipment. (Yeah, I got the "junk mail" too.)

black sheriff likes this.
  17. Sckott

I got a lot of free bubblewrap and track paper.

hutlock likes this.
  18. BRush

BRush Senior Member

I received my first order complete. Unfortunately I’m missing the AP Sonnyboy Williamson from my 2nd order.
    I got a credit slip.

19. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky Thread Starter

I called and they said they would issue PayPal credit in due time. Not sure how long that is.

20. hutlock

My box came today without two records. Says I have a "credit" with them now for the amount those two cost. Packing slip says I have to wait 10-14 days and whatever hasn't shipped by then I will be issued a refund for.

I guess that's okay. At least I'll get my money back I suppose. Weird.

21. Sckott

Yes, two weeks and they either send 'em or refund.

I have no problem with this - They continue to have more stuff for cheap, and I've ordered a 3rd package. I've had worse experiences with eBay at normal expectations for it.

22. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

the anticipation for potential disappointment as i wait for my order to arrive today is unbearable!!!!

23. Dan

Dan Senior Member

A couple of minor dinged corners on my order. Too bad because the box they shipped in was pretty robust AND had bubble wrap. I got a great deal on the recent AF pressing of Esquivel and a KILLER deal on the deluxe pressing of Gord Downie's last solo project. I'd probably give em' a go again at these prices.

24. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

My order just arrived moments ago. Everything ordered was there. The box had no bubble wrap and a few minor corner dings resulted, but no big deal otherwise. I was a little worried, as the package took a weird route. Tracking went in the reverse direction for a couple of days, then came back to the Bay Area. LOL! The real gem of the bunch is the Wilco Being There deluxe vinyl box for less than $48. AM deluxe for less than $21 was not too shabby either. Hearing some other's order fulfillment experiences, I guess I got lucky.

hutlock and aoxomoxoa like this.
  25. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

My order surfaced today as well.

Same report- ****ty packaging, just an unpadded lp mailer for 4 lps which resulted in some corner dings. But similarly, I am OK with the process overall (not thrilled but OK) because the prices were great and I received my complete order.

marcb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.