Are some programs no longer being produced in hard copy format?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John B Good, Sep 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

We watched a few episodes of Bosch and both wife and I enjoyed it. Thought I'd buy her a DVD of it, but don't seem to find it available as such?

2. Jacob29

Jacob29 Forum Resident

They have probably found that they will make more having you pay the subscription and then they will making DVDs

3. John B Good

Sadly, I wonder if you aren't right. Funny though, there is a cd of Bosch soundtracks.

4. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

If they are gonna keep it available to stream on Amazon Prime indefinitely, would perhaps be counter-productive to give you a reason to buy it, and not be bowled-over from the bounty of original programming available exclusively there.

John B Good likes this.
  5. Bosch is produced by Amazon itself. They want it exclusive to their Prime service.

Strat-Mangler and John B Good like this.
  6. John B Good

Thanks for the info, I'm a bit of a Luddite. So I guess we won't see it. :(

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think this is an ongoing trend where the streaming services are going to balk at selling their shows on DVD and Blu-ray. If you want a permanent copy, you'll have to capture what they stream and keep it on a hard drive, or make optical disk copies of it yourself.

John B Good and Deesky like this.
  8. j_rocker

j_rocker Forum Resident

I think Stranger Things and House of Cards have been put out on sets, but maybe that’s not the norm?

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

They balk at physical media, but some have done it (like with these very popular shows).

10. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Stranger Things has not been released in the UK on DVD/BD. Don't know why as it would sell a ton. Not everyone here has Netflix.

Netflix do release the Marvel series on DVD/BR, so I don't know why they do that and not Stranger Things. Perhaps it's part of the deal with Marvel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.