“Jim [Carrey] & Andy [Kaufman]: The Great Beyond” (Netflix documentary)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Oct 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TFEC

TFEC Opinion Holder

:righton:

2. elvislady

elvislady Well-Known Member

I watched this docu a while back, I really enjoyed it. Its a must watch if your a Jim Carrey fan.

George P likes this.
  3. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I watched this over Labor Day weekend, after Man on the Moon just happened to be on TV & reminded me of it.

My first thought was that, although Carrey's performance was very good, it didn't seem to require such extreme method acting.

My second was that it was perfect for someone playing Kaufman. It was funny that Carrey actually seemed to get on the nerves of some people much more than Kaufman himself.

4. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I'm not sure what you mean here, are you implying everyone should share the same opinion or your opinions?

5. elvislady

elvislady Well-Known Member

after Man on the Moon just happened to be on TV & reminded me of it.

My first thought was that, although Carrey's performance was very good, it didn't seem to require such extreme method acting.

My second was that it was perfect for someone playing Kaufman. It was funny that Carrey actually seemed to get on the nerves of some people much more than Kaufman himself.

Sorry I have replied this way, My 'quote' bubble does not work for some reason, When I click it nothing happens.

Just reply to your thread I think Jim liked getting n peoples nerves. Lol

mmars982 likes this.
  6. Jim Carrey is brilliant in this.

7. TFEC

TFEC Opinion Holder

From what I can recall from 10 months ago(!), I take as a given the fact that a reviewer usually reveals far more about himself in a review than he does about the nominal subject of the review.

Or words to that effect ...

unclefred likes this.
  8. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Oh okay, thanks for the response.

9. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Happened to stumble upon this Danny DeVito about the firing of Andy's Tony Clifton character :laugh:

10. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

But then it got better, 'cause below that was Tony Danza's account of that event and it is hilarious (and apparently he actually filmed that)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.