Good Deals on Other Amazon Sites (Italy, Spain, France, etc.)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ptijerm, Oct 26, 2015.

1. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Unfortunately it’s a question of suck it and see. Amazon, I think, will simply credit your gift voucher with with 36 for the purchase of 30€. Afterwards, whether or not you can apply that against the cost of the deluxe set, is an unknown quantity. Officially no, as they say the 10€ discount may not be used with any other promotion but some also say that they were able to do it.

2. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Amazon Japan has the Columbo Blu Ray set on sale for ¥ 26,675 (including shipping to US/Canada)

For Canadians they conveniently add sales tax which brings the total to ¥ 30,122 which is the best price I've seen. That works out to about $350 Canadian.

US customers will probably avoid the extra sales tax so they'll pay the ¥ 26,675 price, which is approx $250 USD.

Only 7 left according to the site.

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  3. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Has Amazon.de stopped subtracting VAT when they send to USA?
    I just ordered the 3 items on the 3 for 25 euro deal, but vat did not get subtracted. Usually it ended up about being equal to the shipping in the past.

4. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Have they shipped? Have you contacted them about it? I would certainly reach out to customer service.

5. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I will try that.

Mr. H likes this.
  6. I haven't ordered from Amazon.de in a while, but Amazon.uk doesn't subtract VAT for Americans whenever items are part of a promotional discount like a 3 for 25 sale.

That is why I rarely look at the smaller combo deals on Amazon.co.uk, because the loss of the VAT subtraction largely cancels out the promotional discount's benefit.

Mr. H likes this.
  7. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Amazon France has the best prices for the new Kate Bush vinyl boxes. Works out at about £80 each.....it's about £90 on Amazon UK. Overseas buyers save more after VAT deducted as always.

8. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Or maybe they remove VAT but don't give the discount? It's been quite a while since I tried shopping using one of those promotions on Amazon.co.uk, but I definitely recall a few times being annoyed that after adding the 3 qualifying items to my cart that I wasn't getting the promo deal (3 for 25 or whatever it was at the moment).

9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I now see how they do it. Let’s say I put 3 item that each cost 20 euro in my basket. They take the VAT off first so each item goes down to 16.80 euro each the they take the discount down to the 25 euro for all three items.

I was expecting the vat being taken off the 25 euro, but that is not the way they do it.

I do suspect that if I had been in Germany and sending it to Germany that amazon.de would have had to pay the VAT on the 25 euro to the state.

We are only talking about a difference of 4 euro and it was still a good deal.

Mr. H likes this.
  10. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Amazon Italy offering 10€ off purchases of 50€ and more, today only. Handy for Dylan, Beatles, Tull, Hendrix and all the other millions of tasty box sets currently hammering us.

knb, stem, imarcq and 3 others like this.
  11. imarcq

Don't forget Kate Bush next week! All over €50 :)

12. culabula

culabula Unread author.

This offer is only available today so whatever preorders need done, do it now !

lightbulb and imarcq like this.
  13. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Not Amazon, but I didn't want to start a new thread; italian seller La Feltrinelli is having a 30% discount on music today and tomorrow.

Eg, the White Album deluxe set is €89 :eek:

You have to write BLACKMUSICA30 at checkout

[​IMG]

Of course there's lot of good stuff, not only Beatles. :D
    They ship worldwide.

Disclaimer: not affiliated

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  14. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Thanks for the tip, but the 41.90 EUR to ship to the U.S. tanks the deal for me.

15. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora Señor Member

Another big thanks for the tip. I can‘t find any info on their pages about the shipping costs, in my case to Germany. Can you direct me to that info page?

16. Popmartijn

Popmartijn Senior Member

I went through the ordering process until I entered my address. I then saw that shipping for my order (Bob Dylan's Trouble No More boxset) was €25 to the Netherlands. I would suspect the costs would be the same for sending stuff to Germany.

17. Mlle. Aurora

Thank you!

18. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I have a PRIME membership for Amazon.de but that counts also for The Netherlands. Well worth it.

19. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

You're welcome

They have this link

but I don't know how reliable it is...it's better place a dummy order without finalizing.

Sorry for the late reply, not much online lately.
    I logged in yesterday night just to post the Feltrinelli deal, after I saw the email alert

20. Mlle. Aurora

Thank you!

21. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I just placed an order for The Beatles Christmas records coloured vinyl singles box set from Amazon Canada for just a little over $78 USD. It's priced at $89.99 CND and shipping cost $9.98 CND. You have to go to this link to see the Amazon Canada listing, if you go to the Cnd site first then search for this, for some reason it brings up the listing sold by momox_shop, which is selling it for $155 CND:

Amazon.ca: Buying Choices: The Christmas Records (7 x 7" Colour Vinyl Box Set)

Not sure if this was ever cheaper elsewhere, but I hope it's of use to some.

EDIT: For some reason, the above link is taking me to the Amazon US site (I tested it in preview view). TRY COPYING AND PASTING THIS LINK, DO NOT CLICK ON IT. OTHERWISE CLICKING WILL TAKE YOU TO US SITE:

www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B077181T6W/ref=tmm_vnl_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=&sr=

22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Opt Out of VigLink

superstar19 and lightbulb like this.
  23. imarcq

24. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

Bob Dylan: More Blood, More Tracks for 79.99 Euros currently at Amazon.de which works out to a little under $90 shipped to the US.

PhantomStranger and lightbulb like this.
  25. aperfecttool

aperfecttool Ænimic \m/