Fee Increase For Selling CDs On Ebay

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by rob68, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rob68

rob68 Senior Member Thread Starter

I thought they were calculating their fees wrong for my last 2 sales, until I did some digging and saw that final value fees for CDs just went from 10% to 12%. Unreal. Records are still 10%.

I might switch my shipping from First Class to Media Mail to offset this. Packages I've been sending First Class lately are taking almost as long as Media Mail anyway.

Strat-Mangler and Tjazz like this.
  2. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Using PayPal and similar online shipping tools, I've found that Media Mail costs the same as First Class, at the weight class for shipping a single CD. In my experience, Media Mail only comes out cheaper for a heavier, multi-CD shipment.

3. Rodz42

Rodz42 Forum Resident

it used to be close for a single cd....not anymore

4. Disappointing, because sellers will only raise their prices in response. As a frequent eBay CD shopper, this is the same path I saw happening on Amazon that basically killed off CD sales on that site.

5. Romerovm

Romerovm Forum Resident

They usually announce this kinda crap. I never got an email.

6. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

I recommend that you think carefully about doing so. I have sold some things on ebay and have never had a problem with something I shipped via First Class or Priority Mail. On the other hand, I've had a few problems (lost, delayed, damaged packages) when shipping via Media Mail.

If the cost isn't that much different, I suggest NOT using Media Mail to ship something.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  7. Biittner Hair Flyin'

Biittner Hair Flyin' Comfortably Dumb

Same here! I hope more and more that a top-notch alternative to ebay will come about at some point. (And no, Amazon isn't a good alternative!)

cwitt1980, Dave and Romerovm like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.