Lindsey Buckingham Sues Fleetwood Mac Over Dismissal from Band

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by IHeartRecordsAz, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Will this affect Stevie's HOF nomination??????

footlooseman likes this.
  2. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

At this point, the same as the “Will the Eagles Ever Tour with Don Felder Again” poll.

3. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No.

But Lindsay won't be the one inducting her if she gets voted in.

4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

And to state the obvious: Don't count on any reissue of the Buckingham/Nicks album anytime soon.

5. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

6. SRC

SRC That sums up Squatter for me

I read Mick Fleetwood's book a while back; now I'm wishing he had waited a few more years before he finished it!

7. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Well, if there's a significant amount of money he's been denied that is his due, I wouldn't exactly call it whinging to file a suit.

8. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

This was inevitable. There is a reason why Lindsey kept relatively quiet on the "firing," his legal team likely instructed him to do so. The Fleetwood Mac entity will likely countersue him next. And after a few years of intense litigation, this thing will settle so that all the inner-dirt is not exposed in the public record. What a terrible way for the band to go out.

9. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

Agreed....and seems from recent FM performances that Lindsay's fairly irreplaceable, whereas the there are plenty squawking birds out there.......

10. Partyslammer

Partyslammer Lord Of The New Church

LOL, RS sure didn't dig up a flattering comment from Nicks - "I don’t think there’s any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isn’t going to sell. What we do is go on the road, do a ton of shows and make lots of money."

Shame that it's true now that there's little incentive outside of remaining artistically creative in making new music for most of these legacy bands. Just flog the decade's old hits year after year for the retirement fund.

11. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

I love the band... amazing talents...all of them....but Lindsey was always the spark. Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham is about as viable as The Beach Boys without Brian Wilson.

12. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

It is terrible and a shame. More to come I'm sure. As if there weren't enough discussion topics.

13. g.z.

g.z. Senior Member

14. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Unless Peter ...

15. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

From the article:

“A spokesperson for Fleetwood Mac provided Rolling Stone with a statement on the lawsuit: “It’s impossible for the band to offer comment on a legal complaint they have not seen. It’s fairly standard legal procedure to service the complaint to the parties involved, something that neither Mr. Buckingham nor his legal counsel have done. Which makes one wonder what the true motivations are when servicing press first with a legal complaint before the parties in dispute.”

He notified the press before FM were even served with the lawsuit? Seems a bit spiteful.

16. PacificOceanBlue

This could start more fireworks than the Don Felder firing. It is going to be the source of many SH Forum discussions.

Vinyl_Blues and Mr. Explorer like this.
  17. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Unfortunately I doubt Peter could or would. And I would MUCH rather have him than Buckingham.

longaway likes this.
  18. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Lindsey announces his legal team...

[​IMG]

And Stevie hers...

[​IMG]

19. Peace N. Love

Peace N. Love Forum Resident

Who knows with the Mac? Stevie might still be mad (and rightly so) about that time she had to go out and waitress so Lindsey could stay home and work on his art. ;)

20. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

No surprise that Irving Azoff was responsible for that as well.

21. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

"intentional interference with prospective economic advantage"

I can see that as the timeline of events has unfolded.

22. MortSahlFan

MortSahlFan Forum Resident

"Even if it was great, it wouldn't sell"
    "We do a ton of shows, and make LOTS OF MONEY" -- just saw them on some awful tv show, Stevie can't sing anymore, sounded awful, and the entire band sounded dead.

The leader gets fired over a smirk. (More money! Yay!)

23. PacificOceanBlue

What is interesting about Azoff is that he understands the brand is bigger than most of the individuals in the band. Lindsey is a major omission for a Fleetwood Mac tour, but not an insurmountable loss because if The Eagles can sell out arenas without Glenn Frey, Steely Dan can sell tickets with one guy, and Journey can tour in lucrative fashion for 20 years without Steve Perry, Fleetwood Mac can certainly carry on and do strong business. For Irving, it seems to be about the numbers, not what is best from a creative and artistic perspective. If Irving was managing Led Zeppelin circa 1974, John Paul Jones' resignation would have been accepted without hesitation. Peter Grant did everything he could to keep Jones from leaving because he knew it was the best for the band from a creative perspective.

24. Eleventh Earl of Mar

Eleventh Earl of Mar Somehow got them all this far.

Why?

How can you possibly need that money and not want to talk directly with the band members and be on good terms? For pure "well screw you" reasons and nothing else?

How can somebody in their 60s be this foolish. It's not like that band is putting out records and writing you out of history, FFS.

25. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

Silver Lining: reissues of the other non-LB albums? I mean, sign me up for box sets like the others for Bare Trees, Kiln House, etc. Maybe just a box set of all the Welch era albums?

MortSahlFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.