Stephen King's Mr Mercedes on the Audience Network

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Madness, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Al didn't rip the head off. I think Brady inside Al's head ripped it off. It was Brady talking control like he did the nurse. That was Brady's place of destruction. That shrine was there because of him. It was all Brady

Having read the book I don't want to go into detail.

stuwee likes this.
  2. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

With the first season focused on the investigation and pursuit of Hartsfield, it was almost easy to forget that it's from Stephen King. But season two has introduced a creepy vibe into the story with the mind control theme.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  3. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

I missed last tonight, I'll catch it later tonight, 3am Thursday now.

4. Chris from Chicago

The reveal that Babineaux's wife Cora was responsible for not only supplying the secret meds Brady was receiving... but that it had dark side effects was unnecessary.

This season is straying farther from the book than last season did.

5. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but man, there are times in this series where the level of tension just gets so high....this show continues to impress! Great episode!

6. Chris from Chicago

Just watched it. It was one intense hour of television.

7. Chris from Chicago

An observation... Brady in his mind-basement was working out like a boxer. Then proceeded to beat Bill while inside Library Al's head... just like a boxer would. Until he was distracted. At which time Bill put a bullet through his chest. Then another through his head. At which time Brady's mind-basement exploded. Okay. I get that. Al dies... Brady suffers too. But... there didn't appear to be such a repercussion to Brady when he forced Sadie to jump off the roof of the hospital.

Just sayin'.

8. Chris from Chicago

It was a little bit of a let down after the intensity of last week's episode.

I can't see Bill's ex wanting to stick around for this.

I can't see Brady just walking out of the hospital.

Jerome's dad is a dick.

Holly's scene when she tried to tell Bill she cared about him was truly touching

I don't much like the cop. He's doing a fine acting job. He's just unlikable.

Curious how this ends. It's taken a big detour from the book.

Borgia likes this.
  9. Borgia

Borgia Do not speak wisely of this night

I love this show. My favorite scene was Brady dancing with his mother, then walking up the stairs out of the basement.
    I admit it's a reach for him to just walk out of the hospital like he apparently did, but it's still good.
    The one character I can't stand is Babineaux's wife. I'm sure now that Brady is free, she will get what she has coming to her.

Jimbo62 and Chris from Chicago like this.
  10. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I tried to watch an episode of American Horror Story (I'm 4 episodes behind!) after Mr. Mercedes, what a mistake, I couldn't hang! Both show are kinda/sorta in the same category; adult-oriented suspense/horror themes but it seemed like only one is truly geared for adults. AHS felt like an adult version of Saturday morning cartoons! If Mr. Mercedes was on a major network it would be winning awards!

Hey Borgia & Chris, lookin at yr pics, you guys could be brothers!;)

11. Borgia

That's not me. It's a mug shot of a mafia dude from the 70s. Thanks, tho...

12. Chris from Chicago

That's actually my mugshot.

o_O

I stopped watching AHS right about when Jessica Lange got out. Even in its better seasons... it was wildly uneven. With very good episodes and then episodes where I'd ask myself why I was watching.

I've always been good at getting out when the quality turns. One exception was the Walking Dead. I stayed maybe two or three seasons too long.

If you start reasoning with yourself that you watch... not because you like it... but out of habit... get out.

SomeCallMeTim and Borgia like this.
  13. Chris from Chicago

This is the first episode this season I just didn't like. Maybe it's because it's straying farther and farther away from its written source. But I just didn't believe this. And someone... anyone... involved with creating this show is supposed to make me believe. And care.

Vidiot likes this.
  14. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Get the Freak outta here, WOW....if this show gets ignored by the Emmys, someone isn't paying attention, that was some powerful stuff. every hair on my arms and neck stood straight up in that last scene, after they were flattened with sweat in the jail scene. That was almost untoppable, what can happen next??

15. Chris from Chicago

Oh lordy. The last episode was ridiculous. I enjoyed it when the season started. It took a turn midseason. A wrong one. A bad law show on network television would've rejected this ending.

I'm not who I was so I can't be responsible for what I did? Psssh.

Did an un-ordered, unnecessary, and secret brain operation really go potentially unpunished?

Bill's epiphany? Zzzzzzz

No white knuckled what's going to happen ending for me. I watched it with a smirk.

Highlights...ex coworker Lou seemed believable. At least until the court scene.

Bill's ex wife was lovely. Always glad to look at her. Nancy Travis in fact... has never not looked lovely to me.

Look. I watch and enjoy a show about fighting midget warriors, a dragon lady and giant blue zombies... and that show made me believe in it... and care

This show... didn't. Promising start. Ending reeked of fermenting Texas summer sports team ball sweat in a martini glass... with bad cabbage.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
    Borgia likes this.
  16. Kind of wish this was available elsewhere as I'm subscribed to too many services to want to pick up another one just for this. A pity I can't order it on demand.

17. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear." Thread Starter

is this show still only available via the audience network subscription and/or directv? No Hulu, amazon video, netflix, etc?

18. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

....huh!? Uh, bartender, I'll have whatever HE'S having!;)

stuwee and Chris from Chicago like this.
  19. Chris from Chicago

Since the series didn't end the way the book did...I hear there's talk of having a season 3. I enjoyed the 2nd book (don't ask) but Hodges didn't really make an appearance until about 40% in.

I'd normally be against this. But I wouldn't mind a little much needed redemption

20. Borgia

I just finished watching. It was a letdown, but not having read the book, didn't know what to expect anyway. It was a weird ending. I mean, it went weird from the whole escape from the hospital onward. oh well. When does the next season of Fargo start? I'm all out of teevee to watch now....:cry:

21. dmiller458

She made sure.

22. dmiller458

Nancy Travis is one sweet piece of quail... (IMO)

23. Jimbo62

Jimbo62 Forum Resident

I just saw on IMDB that Mr. Mercedes has been renewed for a third season. No plot details that I could see and not having read the books I've no clue what they will do. Looking forward to it though as I really enjoy the show and like all the actors involved.

24. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

No DVD ?

25. Chris from Chicago

They pretty much skipped over the second book. So... there is material to draw from. Only thing is Hodges doesn't really make an appearance until almost half way through. So it'll take some creative writing

Jimbo62 likes this.