David Bowie LOVING THE ALIEN (1983-1988)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Mo0g

Mo0g Forum Resident

My Amazon UK order has been on preorder since it was £205, and since I have since upgraded to Prime I got the delivery changed to 'expedited' this morning. I was told by the live chat when I got it changed the expected delivery date was now next Tuesday. I am hoping this is all due to it being based on release date + standard working days delivery, and I will get it Saturday latest, but I've not received any dispatch email or money coming out of my account :/

2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Maybe someone detected a "loss of energy" during "Blue Jean" and needed to pull all the sets to correct this.

:D

3. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

Mine should arrive 17-18 october but I expect it will arrive sooner since it's only from Germany to Holland. The Pink Floyd box arrived on the day of release although they said it would take a few days.

Update: just checked. 12 October set as date for delivery.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. Dreaddazzman

Dreaddazzman Forum Resident

:laugh:

5. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Not a lot of viable options in Canada sadly.

scobb likes this.
  6. gomen ne

gomen ne -

If your habit is to walk around with drumsticks in your back pocket, you had better take care when sitting on a park bench.

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  7. TonyCzar

TonyCzar Forum Resident

Squirrels?

8. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Well, mine just flipped. It can no longer be cancelled and is "in transit".

No early delivery for me then, but I fully expect it arriving on release day.

9. Charles Cooper

Charles Cooper Well-Known Member

Just bought the CD set in a Belgian store. They often receive stuff one day early and start selling, sometimes they receive it a couple of days late. No sign of the vinyl though...

Vaughan and johnnyyen like this.
  10. alan967tiger

alan967tiger Forum Resident

My vinyl set is on its way from Badlands (UK), I have a track code and it should arrive tomorrow:)

johnnyyen likes this.
  11. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Ain’t that the truth? :D ;)

12. anothertribe

anothertribe Forum Resident

13. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

If they listened to the set carefully, they might have noticed that ALL of these albums suffer from a "loss of energy".

14. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Amazon shipped...…..haven't heard much of this stuff in a long time. Looking forward to going through this set.

15. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Tired.

16. DankoC

DankoC Active Member

Got my Loving the Alien LP boxset at the warehouse of the local Warner distributor here in Croatia. Have a friend there and she normally lets me get / buy titles a few days before the official release day. And sometimes they get stock a month before the release day!
    I remember seeing Pink Floyd's "A Foot in the Door" 2LP set way back at the beginning of August when the release day was September 28 - but couldn't get the LP until 3 days before the official release day.

SoundDoctor and Juggsnelson like this.
  17. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Amazon is showing next WEDNESDAY for my CD box. Hoping some kind of miracle happens tomorrow ... or that they at least release the Autorip.

18. gojikranz

gojikranz Forum Resident

UPS put a natural disaster note on mine even though I am very far from florida and the shipment originated from Colorado. they also show it being in Nevada this morning then in sacramento at 11 then back in Nevada at 1...

looks like it will still make it tomorrow but guess they are covering their bases when it screws up.

WeepingWall and CBackley like this.
  19. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

20. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Not sure that'll stay up for long. :D

Also, no way I'm going to spoil my experience with Youtube. Box will be here tomorrow!

Runicen, ejluther and CBackley like this.
  21. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

Not up even now. That was fast.

CBackley likes this.
  22. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Thanks, enough to sample NLMD18. Highlight to me is Serious Moonlight, sounds better than the original broadcast ... but didn't that have I Can't Explain, Red Sails, Star, The Jean Genie, TVC15, Stay ? Lucky I still have the Montreal 1983 vinyl box set

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  23. pobbard

pobbard Still buying CDs

It's not the well-known Montreal broadcast from July 13th. It's taken from soundtrack to the VHS/DVD, which was recorded in Vancouver in September (except for "Modern Love", which I think is from the Montreal broadcast, and was released as a b-side at the time). I'm very curious to see how the mix of the new release compares to the audio rip I made of my own DVD a few years ago. At least they've restored the intro to "Station to Station", as I understand it.

But yes, either way, it's not a complete Serious Moonlight concert, as it is unfortunately missing the tracks you mentioned. :cry:

footprintsinthesand likes this.
  24. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Yes, of course. Forgot about that again.

25. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Out of curiosity - is the box up on Spotify in Europe yet?

mestreech likes this.