POLL: Would this look better in my audio room, or....

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by TheVinylAddict, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheVinylAddict

TheVinylAddict Look what I found Thread Starter

So I was at Goodwill the other day and found this:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It's pretty cool, I've had it on most every night for the last few days. You can put any color bulb in there you want, blue, whatever.

But I was thinking - would this look better in my audio room, or in Robert / Daniela's audio room at Lounge?

Help me... I like it but want to do the right thing here.

2. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Not an option in the poll but, I think that you should have it in your audio room. But only if you have a Lounge phono preamp sitting on top of it.

3. Helom

Helom Forum member

I vote sketchy hooker bar.

4. TheVinylAddict

You mean like this?
    [​IMG]

5. TheVinylAddict

We had a staff meeting to discuss this, and it was decided your voting privileges are now redacted.

This is a family forum for Pete's sake... :D:cool: Sketchy hooker bars are for off-forum activities only!

Sneaky Pete and Helom like this.
  6. SandAndGlass

Yes.

Johnny Vinyl and TheVinylAddict like this.
  7. ThorensSme

ThorensSme Forum Resident

How are you liking the lounge LCR tube?

8. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

If you like it that is all that counts. Personally I think it is mundane.

fluffskul likes this.
  9. SandAndGlass

Interesting?

I would have perhaps expected more form the Lounge people. But then again, this is their first tube product.

10. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Put it above the toilet.

Standingstones likes this.
  11. chili555

chili555 Forum Resident

In your audio room? Perhaps. In my audio room? Nope.

12. TheVinylAddict

To qualify the answer a bit:
    This is the very first LCR Tube ever built, and the intent was to do a beta test for Lounge to help run it through it's paces to give feedback to help develop the production unit. It's been very good - has it's strengths and weaknesses like any audio product - but it wouldn't be fair to detail all that out because the latest (3rd or 4th) revision is so much better than this first beta / prototype. I will be getting mine upgraded to the latest soon, and will give detailed feedback at a later time.

That being said - the things it does well - like MM, HOMC - it does very well, and I would say better than the LCR MkIII Silver in some cases. I've run it most on a Denon DP-59L and a DL-110 or AT-540 cartridge, then on a SL-1200 with an AT-440mlb and AT-540. I am impressed with the unit, and can only imagine what the latest revision sounds like. I like the DL-110 / HOMC setup the best, but the MM is not far behind!

I am also having an LCR Max built for me... that is a whole new SS product meant to compete with the $1000 - $2000 preamp market, and very excited to test that also. Lounge has been busy, clearly... it takes a lot of work to bring new products to market when you're a small shop.

I can't wait to try an updated Tube and the new Max. I am also close to pulling the trigger on a JC3+ so it will be fun to run everything through its paces and compare. I also have access to a JC3 Jr close by that I've spent some time with also. Phono stage bliss! My love of turntables has naturally developed into trying out different phono preamps. It's a lot of fun though...

SandAndGlass and shiwo like this.
  13. TheVinylAddict

I think he might have been talking about the sign, not the LCR Tube stage.... There aren't many who have a LCR Tube (me and a couple of other folks) --- mine was the first built and a beta unit --- I'm fairly certain Mike's not heard one. Robert is working on perfecting the production unit based on beta feedback for the last few months.

Either way, on the sign -- some people take everything so serious and miss the whole fun / sarcasm angle to things like this! Sure it's mundane, I found it at Goodwill for $2.99 .

Jeez, have some fun, don't take everything so seriously.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  14. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I think the every day generic quality is part of its charm. I could see that in a seedy bar by the Bus station in the bad side of town. I vote keep it. It’s a little bit of good natured silliness only people who are aware of your gear will “get it.”

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  15. TheVinylAddict

Even though it's not up to some people's standards :) I am with you - it has it's own simple bus station, maybe dive bar charm! The configurable bulb for color charm is too cool --- plus it is built like a tank it has very heavy gauge steel case --- just like the Lounge phono preamps! The Lounge chassis and this sign are a lot alike - simple, solid, well built... and both in black. Look at the pic above, they go together quite well!

Sneaky Pete likes this.
  16. Otlset

Otlset I think I am I think

Light it up in your listening room to add to the ambience when playing all your lounge albums. (with the possible exception of VooDoo Lounge by the Stones).

[​IMG]

17. SandAndGlass

Really!

I have an audio room to have fun in. It is not some sort of sacred alter.

Sneaky Pete and TheVinylAddict like this.
  18. SandAndGlass

No, I'm sure that he IS talking about the sign. I personally find it funny and amusing. I don't own any Lounge product, so I have no bias either way.

I think it is a hoot having a pile of Lounge equipment sitting on top of the illuminated Lounge sign.

I would do the same thing in my room, if I had Lounge gear and the Lounge sign.

My audio room is not a home living space, which I do respect. But since my place is not, I am all about having fun and my saying about the different things that I have done in this room is that I present things in a delightfully tacky manner.

TheVinylAddict likes this.
  19. TheVinylAddict

That comment resonates with many of us I am sure! Amen to that.....

But to each his or her own of course, I know you feel the same, whatever works is what I say!!!!

I have seen some friend's / aquaintance's audio rooms that look like and are treated like a mausoleum, where white gloves are required and "don't touch!" is implied everywhere. To me it doesn't feel right to crank Black Sabbath in a room like that.... music to me is a mood thing, let loose, no hang ups or up tightness to get maximum enjoyment.

But again, to each his own is a motto I live by.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  20. TheVinylAddict

By the way, I would never run it piled up like that in the pic --- based on your request, I actually took the time to disconnect them all, pile them up for a photo. So it was by "special request" just for you!! :) And also for a little chuckle since the thread is supposed have a little levity (hopefully).

For me my main "listening" / HT room IS a main room in my house (front room), and my sons' / wife's HT room is the family room!!! But our house has the "lived in" look if you catch my drift, we don't live in a "don't touch" mausoleum type home... there's tile floors in the traffic areas, etc.... our house is to live in and enjoy. We are definitely a "function over form" type family, we love our toys, and live in an older block home built in the early 70's... when our guests come over we like them to feel like they can put their feet up and feel comfortable!!! (and not wear white gloves with plastic covering all the furniture... if you catch my drift). But, if your going to put your feet on my handmade cherry / mission coffee tables, your shoes have to be OFF... so there are still SOME rules!! :rant:

SandAndGlass likes this.
  21. Matt Richardson

Matt Richardson Forum Resident

Why not go full Nelson with something like this...

[​IMG]

22. SandAndGlass

Appreciate the photo shoot!

Yes there are rules, I am a host and guests are guests and we all shall behave as we are expected to.

[​IMG]

This also was done for a "FUN" photoshoot. "Delightfully Tacky"

Check below my equipment list on my profile page. I have a tour of this audio room with photos and description's.

Sneaky Pete and TheVinylAddict like this.
  23. SandAndGlass

Only if there you have equipment manufactured by a company the has the name "GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS". :)

TheVinylAddict and Sneaky Pete like this.
  24. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

I have some vintage kitchy wall sculptures in my listening room. A sax, a trumpet,and a staff with a treble clef and some notes. It’s just a bit of fun and very reminiscent of a 1960’s suburban rec room.
    I agree the music room should be fun not sterile.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    TheVinylAddict and SandAndGlass like this.
  25. TheVinylAddict

See, that sounds very apropos... fitting for a music room! That is almost worth a picture or two if you care to share!!!

SandAndGlass likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.