American Horror Story (S8): Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Witchy Woman, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Agreed! Looking forward to more episodes. I finally finished "Cult" the other day as well. I also liked it. So far Ronake and Hotel have been the weakest for me but i still liked those as well.

Oh --- and the Brock character has gotta go.

2. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

who was that girl they did the closeup on at the end of ep. 3. I don't remember her from coven.

3. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Are you talking about Mallory (Billie Lourd)? She wasn't in Coven.

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

There were three witches who showed up and, I think, the last shot was the face of the youngest witch. Who was that?

5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

The three witches who entered were Cordelia Goode (Sarah Paulson), Madison Montgomery (Emma Roberts), and Myrtle Snow (Frances Conroy). All three were central characters in Coven.

They reanimated Mallory (Billie Lourd), Dinah (Adina Porter), and Coco (Leslie Grossman).

Madison's comment to Mallory suggests they know each other. But Mallory wasn't in Season 3 (Coven). So we'll have to see how they know each other.

Ghostworld likes this.
  6. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I wondered that as well and didn't recognize her from Coven so I went and looked it up and Mallory is only in this season. There is speculation they are sisters.

7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I didn't recognize the young one. She's changed some.

I have this season all figured out: We're on the flip side of the mirror where the AHS baddies come from.

8. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Somehow managed to miss the first episode of this new series. Second episode airs on Thursday here. You can never make instant judgements about this program, but still liked/enjoyed the first two best. They will take some beating. There’s been something to love about them all.

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

The whole reveal about Katy Bates kinda has me feeling a Stephen King "The Gunslinger" vibe when the story went really weird with mechanical bears. But I'm longing for something more solid, although I think this is going to be a "Lost" type weirdness.

10. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

This week’s episode was kind of tame; it seemed Harry Potter-ish. I’m assuming Michael eliminated the Warlock coven, or those who refused to join his agenda.

Roanoke and Hotel are two seasons I still haven’t watched in their entireties. I got further with Roanoke though.

11. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Stevie Nicks is in the recent episode that just came out yesterday.

12. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident Thread Starter

She looked really good, although her voice had some gruffness to it when she sang, not surprising given her age.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  13. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Now I really like this season. Episode one was fantastic, then I felt it started slow down a feel "lost" in ep 2&3, but the plot was finally revealed in episode 4 and now with ep 5, I'm having a lot of fun with this season. As I said, I'm not into the gore and horror that much (although I enjoyed "Hotel" however sick it was) so, like "Coven" this is another nice break from the gore. I like the witch vs warlock thing and the kid who is playing...er...could it be SATAN? is quite good. He's got just the right look. So with ep 4&5 I'm finding this a very enjoyable season. I love the style of the "Seven Trial" in B&W. Lots of fun. And I'm dying to find out what happens next.

Witchy Woman likes this.
  14. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Stevie was in a past season wasn’t she?

15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

She was in "Coven." I could have lived without seeing her again, especially doing a full number.

16. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Yes right with Lily Rabe. Now I remember.

17. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I fast forwarded through the Stevie Nicks number. Looks like the O.G's making an appearance next episode. I found myself thinking as I was watching that it felt like an episode of Supergirl or Gotham with some Walking Dead gore (and a music number!?). Show sure ain't what it used to be.

18. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Coven.

19. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

This season is really mild, but it ain't over yet.

Honestly, I still think about that poor legless girl in "Asylum." I really hate that stuff.

20. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Yeah, I'm just hanging out waiting for Lange! I saw the 1st episode, was thoroughly unimpressed. Recorded ep. 2-5 but couldn't muster up the enthusiasm to sit thru them so I decided to simply watch the latest episode. Felt like I hadn't missed a thing, which says something!

21. SF Georgie

SF Georgie Forum Resident

I'm thinking that the warlock that is being sent to the murder house with Madison is gonna get turned into a female (Adina Porter) for joining the witches. Either voluntarily or cursed.

22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Me too.

23. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I think the Nicks thing is a gimmick. It fits with the witch theme, but it doesn't really add much to the story, other than she's Misty's hero or whatever. I assume her appearance this season is to help Misty regain her focus and be able to help the witches in their coming work.

24. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I think the Nicks thing is a continuation of the "Glee-fication" of the show. I think a concious effort was made to go after the Glee audience years ago. The show's been a train wreck ever since!

25. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Based on the casting: If a group of witches is a "coven;" a gathering of warlocks must be a "giggle."

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.