Finished Deadwood, Lost, Mad Men.. What's next?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Jan 2, 2014.

1. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yeah, and I want to rewatch S2 someday, maybe I will find it less confusing after already having seen it.

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

TD2.
    Thought it had its moments.

3. alexpop

Started watching The Killing ( 2007-2012)again. Must admit it's pretty good. A real s l o w burn series, lot of solem poker faces. More Bergman, than Capra, blood wild strawberries.

4. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Shocked I didn't think of this one before. If your a fan of Game of Thrones & Deadwood. The Vikings is an absolute must.

alexpop likes this.
  5. alexpop

6. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

From the quick like I take it you have seen it already.

alexpop likes this.
  7. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Back to '' The Fall '' then. Will NOT disappoint !!!

IanL and alexpop like this.
  8. alexpop

Seen nearly everything now chumlie, cept a few , also ...with the exception of new 2018 shows.

9. alexpop

Yes that's on my to see list. Thx!!!!

10. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

You will be quite pleased. I'm sure of it.

11. alexpop

Normally I like to back dip. View a series that's ended, ideal binge watch. So new shows still current I still watch like Vikings, Outlander, Better Call Saul...though I have to wait another year for next instalment( just like everybody else :)).

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  12. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

Well your good to go with The Fall. It's over.

13. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Gillian Anderson player some great characters from 2013-16 on The Fall and Hannibal.

PhantomStranger and alexpop like this.
  14. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Last night I re-visited an old favorite; Orphan Black. Like so many other shows, OB started off really strong but lost it's way. The 1st 2 seasons are extraordinary though. In no small measure due to the amazing Tatiana Maslany. This very well may be the finest work she'll ever do as this was a once in a lifetime role! Great television!

slipkid and alexpop like this.
  15. alexpop

So understated in Hannibal.

16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

alexpop likes this.
  17. alexpop

18. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

19. alexpop

Was planning of watching this, few say it went downhill after a couple of seasons.

20. alexpop

The Killing ( danish)
    Season 1 was great. Couldn't get in to season 2.
    Ripper Street gave up after Elephant man episode.

21. alexpop

Only one season.

22. chumlie

chumlie Forum Resident

alexpop likes this.
  23. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yeah, starts off very strong but turns into kind of a confusing & overcomplicated mess (think I may have used that same description for something else but 4get what now). Worth watching though just for what Chazro said with the lead actress, damn near phenomenal with all the different roles that she plays.

alexpop likes this.
  24. alexpop

25. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

You are missing out not seeing:
    Rescue Me(Denis Leary was Awesome, as was a lot of the Constant & Revolving Cast Members. The last few Seasons were not as good, but the Series ended with a Great Finale Episode-IMO)
    Damages(Was not familiar with Glenn Close, but what a Great Actress, as she was intimidating in her role as Patty Hewes just with her Glare. I need to still watch the Finale Season, but found this to a be a Top 10 Series just based on the first 4 Seasons and requires full attention while watching it).
    House of Cards(still working my way through this Series, and is tough to watch Spacey now, but just need to consider that a lot of other Actors and Crew were involved in making this show)
    Friday Night Lights(“Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose”) The First Episode hits you in the gut and gets you hooked. Kyle Chandler did a Great Job reprising the Role as Head Coach(different Name-Eric Taylor), that was played by Billy Bob Thornton(Coach Gary Gaines) in the Movie(Based on the Book). The TV Series just took the theme of how the Lives of People in a Small Texas Town revolve around the local High School Football Team, but 'FNL' is really a Family Drama at the heart of it(kind of like Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' on CNN is a Food Show, but Food is really just the vehicle to explore different Cultures & People around the World).

And SOA Spinoff Series 'The Mayans' just started last month.

A few Great Shows apparently that I have not seen yet are:
    Goliath(with Billy Bob Thornton as an Attorney)
    The Path(with Hugh Dancy who played Will Graham on 'Hannibal' and Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad), which was cancelled after its 3rd Season despite being considered a Good Show(about a Cult Religion).
    I guess the Good News of the cancellation is that if Fuller ever finds a Home(on a Streaming Service or Cable Channel) to complete his 7 Seasons Vision for 'Hannibal', then Dancy might by available, but then he needs to hope a few other Main Actors from that Series might also be available(then there is that whole how to undo the finale to Season 3 that will be required and not come off as unrealistic to show that Will & Hannibal did not die.
    Mr. Mercedes(Based on a Stephen King Book).
    Castle Rock(An American psychological horror science fiction anthology web television series based on characters and settings from the stories of Stephen King that premiered on July 25, 2018 on Hulu. The series intertwines characters and themes from the fictional town of Castle Rock, Maine-a Fictional Location used in several of King's Novels/Stories. On August 14, 2018, it was announced that the series had been renewed for a second season.).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    alexpop likes this.