Survivor: Season 37 "David Vs. Goliath"

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by xdawg, Sep 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

judging by the comments of the other players, it seems like she was not very pleasant to be around

2. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Why would anyone not go prepared with essential clothing they needed? Several of them knew enough to bring coats and jackets. It's not like this is a new show and you have no idea that just because a location is sweltering hot sometimes in the sunshine, doesn't mean you can't be freezing cold at night or in rainstorms. But that really was reaching a new low, discussing stealing clothes from your own tribe members, or trying to bully them to give away their coat...Rupert stealing shoes in an early season notwithstanding.

Natalie pretty much has to be in the lead as the most unlikeable player ever with no redeeming quality for her existence on a team at all.

jriems, Kyhl and xdawg like this.
  3. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves Thread Starter

I endorse all of this post! :cheers:

applebonkerz likes this.
  4. Ben Sinise

Ben Sinise Forum Reticent

One of the best bits this season was watching big-talking US Super Survivor, Russell Hantz, get booted out in the second episode.
    It must have shattered his considerable ego as he didn't front for the finale.

Past episodes can be found at the tenplay site
    You have log in with an email address/password but I don't know if it can be accessed from overseas.

Scotian likes this.
  5. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

the producers decide what you can bring in the end, usually if u want to bring a jacket you cant have long pants etc...they like to watch them suffer lol

6. applebonkerz

The guy they were trying to extort the jacket from has both a jacket and long pants though. :confused:

7. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

haha.....Im just going on what they said on rhap podcast, one of the ex survivors said it, I know that in the end producers decide what you can have, natalie was some piece of work, great casting but man.... (ps the girl asking for the jacket posted she was in on the pla to get natalie out, and just voted the other way to try to trick her into giving her the jacket, still didn't work lol)

8. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

The only thing Natalie brought to the table was keeping Probst from talking as much as usual at tribal - now that's a true gift.

Scotian likes this.
  9. applebonkerz

So, yet another puzzle challenge variation :yawn: ...but, the whole aspect of having to maneuver that huge heavy round thing with water in it and dump it into a container without spilling too much, I though was a great new challenge. Maybe should have made it impossible to fill the container enough with just one well-executed trip though to make it more more interesting and grueling for all the teams.

10. GlamorProfession

kinda cringed when they dropped the giant saucer. someone could've been hurt pretty bad. merge next week! should be getting a lot more interesting.

Kyhl likes this.
  11. xdawg

I'm still liking Christian's game. It looks like he has a target on his back next week though.

Kyhl likes this.
  12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i still do not know their names :doh:

such a faceless non-personality group of people.

although i agree that natalie was/is probably the single most obnoxious player in survivor history.

asdf35 and rburly like this.
  13. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

No, that would be Russell Hantz.

GLENN likes this.
  14. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

At least from a viewer perspective Hantz one and two were entertainingly disruptive and actually played the game. On the other hand Natalie was so bad I tried giving her the benefit of the doubt by blaming editing for making her look as bad as she was. Hopefully that was the case.

15. rjp

rjp Senior Member

hantz was a different kind of animal.

he played the game, he worked his ass off every time he was on.

natalie did nothing but tell people what to do and criticize. i still can't figure out how she even got on the show.

applebonkerz likes this.
  16. John54

John54 Senior Member

I disliked Russell Hantz intensely but I have to give him props for finding hidden immunity idols without clues! He was the first and I believe he did it repeatedly.

17. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

I like this group, they seem almost normal and likable. The past few years have been full of people who annoyed me out of the gate. This season is finally getting back to old-school Survivor. Rough weather. All we need now is starvation.

One shocker of a cast member (to me) was Mike White. I don't watch much reality TV (except Survivor), so I didn't know he has done other reality shows. I only knew him from his writing gigs, like HBO's Enlightened. That guy does amazing, under-rated work. He's great in Enlightened.

Kyhl likes this.
  18. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

He competed with his dad on Amazing Race, my favorite reality show (though I only watch that and survivor :p). Very likeable guy it would seem. He will probably get eaten alive with the merge... There have been many more unlikeable and obnoxious competitors than Natalie, tho she is definitely top of the pops this season. The idiot from last season who kept boasting about himself, Chris I think. Phillip, the CIA, FBI, lunatic. Michaela. Debbie. Varner. Sandra ( still can't believe she won. Twice!). I hated Boston Rob as well.

19. applebonkerz

Another great new immunity challenge creation--I'm impressed with that idea and construction/execution. :thumbsup:

Kyhl and xdawg like this.
  20. xdawg

Yes, that wat very cool!

21. GlamorProfession

i really like the mix of players that are left. i think it sets up for a great season.

also, i like Gabby a lot - but she is going to have to get her emotions in check during tribal council.

Kyhl likes this.
  22. rjp

rjp Senior Member

big improvement this week.

the merge definitely helped the shows dynamics.

i am starting to root for the nerdy guy (still weak on names, sorry)

23. GlamorProfession

Christian

'it's actually factorials...' :p

24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

:tiphat:

25. Alert

Alert Forum Resident

This episode is an example of Survivor at it's worst. I was really enjoying the episode. The drama of Angelina and Elizabeth led up to a very interesting tribal council.

However, when I saw that everyone except Elizabeth voted for Elizabeth I was annoyed at the deceptive nature of the editing. I realize these things must be edited to maximize drama or there wouldn't be an enjoyable show for us to enjoyt, but when the editors don't show us any of the most important development of the episode (BOTH tribes agreeing to vote out Elizabeth) then I'm disappointed.

Too many times the tribes come to an agreement before the tribal that we never see any part of.

As a viewer, I trust that the important events of the competition are being depicted on the screen. To completely hide a major agreement between the two tribes makes me lose a little bit of faith in the show.

In this tribal council the viewers were blindsided by the editors.

And as everyone knows: when someone gets blindsided -- they feel like a sucker.

jriems, Scotian and rburly like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.