Queen "Bohemian Rhapsody" The Original Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lwh1, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Efus

Efus Senior Member

I'm a fan of the music, how did it sound in the theatre?
    What did you think about the visuals and costuming?

I remember seeing Highlander in the theatre, and I thought the sound of Princes was spectacular opening the film.
    I cant imagine the sound is anything short of outstanding. But I havent seen it yet.

2. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Just got the CD. Enjoying it. Still prefer 'Somebody To Love' over 'Bo-Rap' though.

danielbravo and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

So did Freddie Mercury. A great song.

4. Binni

Binni Forum Resident

5. Carlox

Carlox Forum Resident

Agree. I also saw the film and I'm glad I was warned about the timeline. There was no need to distort the truth. The film does not stop being good, a newbie will not notice the difference and the story even works, but for a true fan it's a little bit annoying...
    Well, but despite all this, Rami managed to perform well with some effort.
    It should not be easy to wear Freddie's "skin". :)

warewolf95 likes this.
  6. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

just got the soundtrack.

905 likes this.
  7. Albiegator

Albiegator Forum Resident

On the first few listens I thought the drums were new too. I find the new guitar bits obtrusive, pushing Freddie's vocals lower down in the mix. Brian's never really given this fabulous song a glowing endorsement and I don't think this soundtrack version has improved on the original version in any way.

Ludger likes this.
  8. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

The drums on this new revisited version are now more like Made In Heaven album type drums. I prefer the original too.

Albiegator likes this.
  9. Diego Lucas

Diego Lucas Forum Resident

Watched yesterday, not perfect, but not that bad, live aid scenes are great!

danielbravo and Carlox like this.
  10. manco

manco Forum Resident

Did it paper over Freddie's Munich years?

11. juanmanuel

juanmanuel Forum Resident

The most important thing in Freddie's life was his music, so if this film only focuses on Queen or Freddie music, and the plot is around these matters, it's perfect for me. I do not need the film covers anything else to enjoy it. Queen music is appeling enough to catch my attention.

danielbravo and Man at C&A like this.
  12. RJD1954

RJD1954 Forum Resident

The Live Aid scenes are stupendous. I actually only LIKE Queen. Went off them almost completely after A Day at The Races. Too pretentious and bombastic for my simple tastes I guess. BUT LOVED this film including the music. Go figure.

danielbravo likes this.
  13. Sear

Sear Dad rocker

I watched the film.
    It's entertaining , but the TV movie - like sub-plot involving Mary is really annoying

14. mikew

mikew Forum Resident

"He woke up to the feeling of being fleeced last summer."

Amazing, f***ing amazing.

15. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Maybe if he was living in a shack somewhere on baked beans since '76 you could swing it. But it sounds like he needs a new licence plate for another Jag

mikew likes this.
  16. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

Is the poster that comes with the Target edition a picture of early Queen or latter Queen?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. Jason Pumphrey

Jason Pumphrey Forum Resident

I would like to see in officiall re-release of Queen's Qreatest Flix, that one was great because the videos are not cropped.
    I have that one on VHS somewhere, I would only buy a new version if the original aspect ratios are left alone.
    1.33 all the way baby!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Your music tastes changed or you realised what you'd been missing out on?

19. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I agree. I would only buy a Blu-ray upgrade to the Greatest Video Hits DVD release if they did new transfers of the visuals and left the aspect ratio alone.

20. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

While I totally agree, the 5.1 mixes are worth it. (Obtaining the DVDs that is)

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  21. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

...well what do you know, they still managed to have a nauseating scene in the film featuring adam lambert. Truly appalling:(

22. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Oh definitely :D that's why I have the DVDs but wouldn't upgrade from there without further improvement.

23. KAJ1971

I think it was pretty brief. I can't even remember it. You'd be right that it's appalling, truly, if it never happened and they fabricated it for the movie.

24. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Lambert is disguised as an American trucker in it. I wish they'd not soil anything Queen with Lambert.

9 Volt likes this.
  25. KAJ1971

I don't have any Queen +. If they want to carry on it doesn't effect my listening to Queen II this morning. Perhaps the DVD extras will have some Paul Rogers in! I've no interest in Lambert either. He's there and some people obviously like it a lot. Are they filling stadiums these days? Obviously I couldn't pick him out of a line up. I'll keep my eye out when I watch it again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.