Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

latheofheaven, SJP and black sheriff like this.
  2. imarcq

latheofheaven likes this.
  3. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Yes, I have this (I think from your last recommendation :)) and it is VERY good if you like this Progressive kind of thing... The sound quality is good too.

imarcq likes this.
  4. imarcq

People shouldn't hang around too long at this price! ;)

5. latheofheaven

Nope! It's an extremely rare thing when you are right, but when you are, you are...

imarcq likes this.
  6. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

7. latheofheaven

John Bliss likes this.
  8. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

Going by a couple reviews on Discogs, but the MOV doesn't seem to be anything special.. The only review I've seen for the 2018 vinyl (at https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylDeals/new/) said it sounded very good.. "Mastered by George Horn and Anne-Marie Suenramat at Fantasy Studios"

John Bliss and latheofheaven like this.
  9. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I have the MOV version and it's on par with your typical MOV reissue. Don't know if the mastering will be any different on the Craft reissue, but the quality of their pressings can be pretty hit or miss from my experience, whereas MOV pressings are almost always quiet and flat.

10. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Q. What differentiates your Craft reissue line?
    A. All our Craft recordings are pressed by skilled artisans with a devotion to producing the finest quality product.

11. latheofheaven

Of course we always hope such claims are true... :)

John Bliss likes this.
  12. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

To their credit, I will say that Craft Recordings was very generous when replacing a defective record. Great customer service.

13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that's one of the best non-answers i've read in a long, long time.

John Bliss, aoxomoxoa, Larsen and 2 others like this.
  14. latheofheaven

:laugh:

15. imarcq

16. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Has anyone else with Prime in the US noticed that free 2 day shipping seems to have gone away for many items? Most of the Prime-eligible records in my wishlist look like they wouldn’t arrive until next Wednesday if I ordered them today, or on Friday if I paid the extra $2.99 that would normally buy next day shipping. If this isn’t temporary I’m probably done with prime.

17. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

HanowarHAIL and guidedbyvoices like this.
  18. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

To answer my own question, it never occurred to me that most of the vinyl I order from Amazon is shipped from the Baltimore fulfillment center that was severely damaged by tornado a few days ago :eek:

19. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Have you chatted with Amazon customer service to ask about this? They may be able to provide you with more information than we could.

(But since you asked, Prime 2-day has worked fine for me over the last few days; I've placed several orders for various items and all have been Prime eligible for 2-day shipping.)

Craig.

20. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I'm not in the US but I've noticed the same thing up here in Canada. After my first year of Prime I felt there were less one day delivery options being offered and now it's mostly longer unless I pay an extra $3.99.

Although a few times I have ordered they delivered next day anyway even though they said it would take two days.

21. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I live in the middle of nowhere and 2day prime is pretty regularly exactly two days. Occasionally we’ll order something that takes an extra day but usually those are amazon prime but other seller. 2day is pretty essential out here. Usually UPS since they have a hub but sometimes USPS, and other times fed ex which is crazy because it’s a guy driving a van from El Paso. Amazon can’t be making much in those trips.

22. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

Yeah, I had a chat with customer service. They claimed that they "found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping. This is corrected now, and your order will be shipping soon," and that the "item was not available in your nearest fulfillment center, so it had to be collect from another center." I'm not sure what the "problem" was, but I'm fairly certain this all has to do with the aforementioned fulfillment center that was badly damaged on Friday, leaving two people dead :(

23. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

24. George P

George P Notable Member

superstar19 likes this.
  25. latheofheaven

:laugh:

Actually, although I don't know how these sound, I have always personally favoured the tall line-array approach, since it seems to give a much fuller dimensional image

[​IMG]

zongo and Kat Records like this.