‘House of Cards’ Resumes Production, With Diane Lane and Greg Kinnear

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Veech, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glide

glide Forum Resident

They were both charged with crimes, no?
    Where are we drawing the line with what our entertainers can get away with?

Polanski, Woody Allen, Christopher Walken...who gets a pass for which alleged crimes?

2. Is season 6 the end of the series?

3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

The line between "alleged" and "convicted" one presumes. That line being the entire criminal justice system.

4. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

What the "heck" has he been accused of?

Ghostworld likes this.
  5. glide

glide Forum Resident

Just murder. No biggie.

6. glide

glide Forum Resident

Exactly. So why was Spacey fired again?

7. Cause apparently the allegations had merit? People get fired all the time for code of conduct breaches.

8. glide

glide Forum Resident

Perhaps. I’m curious how they came to that conclusion though.

Johnny Depp was caught abusing his wife on film and is still working in the Harry Potter spin offs.

Two different companies with different standards I suppose.

And if Netflix is taking a moral high ground on its relationship with Spacey, why do they continue to stream his work? The whole thing is baffling.

Scott222C and budwhite like this.
  9. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

You mean Natalie Wood? :rolleyes:

10. Netflix was essentially outed for allowing Spacey to get away with his crap for years, so they made the choice to buckle under the pressure.

11. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Just watched the first episode-oddly sedate, with the long languorous takes this show loves. It feels odd without Spacey, and the fourth wall asides from Robin Wright seem forced and not particularly enlightening. Being the completist that I am, I will soldier through to the end.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  12. glide

glide Forum Resident

It’s the half-buckling and the selective buckling that is more egregious. If you’re going to take the moral high-ground as an organization best to make sure your own laundry is clean.

Netflix Fires PR Chief After Use of N-Word in Meeting (Exclusive)

13. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

I'm pretty sure sexual abuse is considered to be worse than physical violence nowadays.

14. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Christopher Walken killed Biggie?

15. glide

glide Forum Resident

Are we talking about actual documented physical abuse vs. alleged sexual abuse? Because I’m pretty sure one of those is worse than the other.

For the record; no proven cases of either form of abuse should be tolerable.

Scott222C likes this.
  16. realkilroy

realkilroy Forum Resident

It's also on Netflix.

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  17. Daedalus

Daedalus I haven't heard it all.....

I finished watching the latest and now last season. Pretty bad overall. Good acting from Diane Lane and some episodes were good but the season as a whole was pretty much a pointless cartoon in my opinion.

Chrome_Head and F_C_FRANKLIN like this.
  18. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Agreed. the last 2 episodes were basically WTF?
    The series end was “Dexter” bad IMHO.

19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I quit watching this some three episodes into the 5th season. I just lost interest. I could care less about this last season. I would also agree with the poster who said Robin Wright is a poor actress. She really isn’t very good.

Ghostworld likes this.
  20. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

Just plowed through the whole season. What jumbled mess. It's very obvious they had to rush to re-jiggler the entire arc of the season after Spacey's departure. The characters were entirely two-dimensional, and any attempt to inject some "depth" into anyone's motivations (the Claire flashbacks, Doug's feelings of guilt, and loyalty to Frank's "legacy") fell entirely flat. And that ending... really, WTF??

Total convoluted, confusing mess. And this from someone who actually thought it was a good idea to wrap up the series even after Spacey was dropped, hoping Claire could carry the story herself. Spoiler alert: She couldn't.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I think you got your scandal sheets mixed up, it’s Robert Wagner under the magnifying glass in that one.

GodShifter likes this.
  22. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

Robin Wright is a great actress.
    Greg Kinnear was quite good too.

I've enjoyed (as far as I can recall) every season of HOC

until now

This was the absolute worst season of any show that I can remember ever investing this much time in. Thank God it was only 8 episodes. I trudged through it for the hell of it but I remember exclaiming to my wife what a complete POS the first episode was. She said it might get better. It didn't. And the finale took the cake. Worst series finale ever. I could go into all the reasons the whole season sucked but why bother. I can't imagine anyone watching this season and liking it. An absolute casserole of nonsense, as Stewie would say.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  23. glide

glide Forum Resident

I don't think so. Walken, Wood, and Wagner were all on the boat together. Only two of them made it off alive.

Walken is most certainly (still) under the microscope.

24. Osato

Osato Forum Resident

It's Wagner who is under investigation for the murder - at worst Walken said nothing - he didn't kill anyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.