What's the deal with EBAY DCC CD listings..way high.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by DaleClark, Nov 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident Thread Starter

Every now and then I'll go to EBAY and check prices or search for various things. I was shocked when I searched a few of my DCC titles and some titles $500. Foe Example, A Nat King Cole-The thought of you DCC has a range of $65-$475. I just don't get how people list so high and keep paying relisting fees. Unless there's some type of currency exchange issue or something...I don't understand.

Heck I wish the titles were actually selling that high...thats a much better return than any stock

2. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Don't you get so many free listings if you are a private seller? Also, I think business sellers can pay an upfront flat free (but I could be wrong). Sellers may also be using automatic algorithms. So, if someone lists one at a lower price, they drop theirs (and vice versa).

3. DaleClark

Ahhh. Lots more tricks of the trade since I use to sell regularly on Ebay many years ago. I'll post a small item every now and then..however, I check multiple sources on the "going rate".

4. Dave S

Dave S Forum Resident

Sold prices are they only true rate. Either ebay or discogs sold prices, although discogs tends to be higher.

5. Veni Vidi Vici

Veni Vidi Vici Forum Resident

Exactly. There is no cost to list so sellers can put silly quotes out there in the hope that some sucker will bite regardless. Amazon Marketplace is even more absurd. You do indeed have to look at the executed prices to know the true market (which eBay make not-very-obvious and Amazon impossible, by design of course.)

6. George P

George P Notable Member

One advantage I find with amazon and discogs is that all listings for the same item are listed together, thus encouraging competitive pricing among third party sellers and making it easier for buyers to compare prices.

eelkiller likes this.
  7. DaleClark

Really, some of the people must think the public is stupid with some of these prices. I know some are allowing offers. Then again the reason “ I’m a prince from a foreign land looking for American to transfer my money” emails still pop up is because there’s always someone who takes the bait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.