Deadwood Coming back!*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mazzy, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

just the last episode for me...loved all the rest.

James Slattery likes this.
  2. Michael

an excellent actor and character...

3. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Its been a while. I remember being underwhelmed. A bit like the end of Seinfeld. I never followed the Sopranos up to the end.

4. Instant Dharma

Instant Dharma Dude/man

Brad Douriff? One of his best roles outside of Cukoos Nest.

5. Michael

that actually was worse of an ending than Deadwood!
    yes, the end of deadwood was a kick in the ass to the fan...

6. Michael

yes! I also loved him in The Exorcist 3...

7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Never said Dourif was a bad actor. I just questioned whether his character was still around. Obviously, he is.

There you go.

8. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Loved him in the X files.

Michael likes this.
  9. Michael

yes...indeed.

rebellovw likes this.
  10. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

[​IMG]

GodShifter and Michael like this.
  11. Michael

you can see the madness in this still...

12. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i'm with michael. the last season was pretty intense. lots of stuff that i hoped would happen did. it was a nice bounce back after season 2's "al is incapacitated and trying to pass a kidney stone" seemingly never-ending arch.

Michael likes this.
  13. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I just finished rewatching the whole run of Justified btw. Fantastic. Gets better and better. Loved the ending. And Walton Goggins was fantastic as usual. Would love to see him cast somehow in new Deadwood as some kind of outlaw, he'd fit right in.

14. Michael

Indeed. : )

15. the pope ondine

nommed for best supporting actor but lost to george burns (!?) who was good in the sunshine boys but....come on

pablo fanques and GodShifter like this.
  16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Also excellent as the voice of Chucky in all 7 Child's Play/Chucky movies.

Liked him as Wormtongue in The Lord Of The Rings movies too.

He's usually excellent in everything he does, whether they are supporting roles, guest roles or just bit parts (Cinema and TV.) I remember he guested a few episodes on Star Trek: Voyager back in the '90s and the role he played was quite good.

A couple other movies not yet mentioned that he had memorable roles were: Dune (1984) and Mississippi Burning (1988).

He's been a busy actor with multiple roles in just about every year since 1975 and has multiple roles upcoming that are either in pre-production, currently filming or post-production.

ducksdeluxe and trumpet sounds like this.
  17. the pope ondine

I liked the last season but ...the ending was kind of a mess and offputting...I remember having a semi-heated debate on the imdb boards (rip) on whether the sheriff would really do what he did working with sweringen (sp?) it seems totally out of character and outside the realm of reality

GodShifter likes this.
  18. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

The penultimate episode was one of the best hours of TV I've ever seen and the finale was such a huge letdown. I wonder if that was due to HBO cancelling the series? Because from what I've read, it was supposed to go 4 seasons and was planned that way. So, perhaps they had to cobble together that closing episode at the last minute and the intended 3rd season finale was written quite differently originally.

GentleSenator and marmalade166 like this.
  19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

iirc the plug was pulled after it was completed, hence the totally abrupt and totally unsatisfying ending.

20. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

The way the series ended always had a funny smell to me. HBO has a well-deserved rep as a production company that ALLOWS a series to 'wrap it up' when it comes to a series ending. At the time of it's cancellation, Deadwood was a critical darling, a white-hot property. And yet the abrupt way it was shut down always suggested Hollywood shenanigans to me. In retrospect, when you look at all the behind-the-scenes strife David Milch's NEXT show; Luck, suffered through there unfortunately seems to be a pattern. Milch's genius always comes with a price. The man's demons have been an obstacle since NYPD Blue! That said, I'm SUCH a fanboy, if I heard he was signed up to produce Sesame Street I'd be all In!;)

Dave Hoos likes this.
  21. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

HBO’s Rome was stopped abruptly after its budget outweighed its viewership. In other words, a show getting the rug pulled out from under it on the network is not unprecedented.

I’m frankly surprised after years of rumors and speculation about a movie (or two movies) had been proposed that it’s actually happening. It’s been some 15 years since the last episode. What do they do with this? The character’s ages, etc ?

22. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

I thought this was answered up-thread. The new series takes place a decade later, as South Dakota prepares for statehood.

23. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Sorry, I missed it.

24. Michael

maybe the movie will fix the mishaps...

25. Michael

it's unfair, but that's Hollywood...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.